Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Immaculate Reception.

Fuqua's helmet contacted that ball and it touched the ground as Harris scoped it up.

Worst Non-Call in the history of football.

The ball hit the ground? I've never seen proof of that.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
December 26, 1965, Don Chandler misses (admitted by him - a true good sport) a field goal that is called good and lets Green Bay defeat Baltimore and go on to the NFL Championship game against Cleveland.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Go back and watch Super Bowl XL between the Steelers and Seahawks. This has to be the worse officiated NFL game of all time. It was full of calls like the not-called pass interference call yesterday.

That is the first one that comes to mind for me when this topic comes up. That game was loaded with bad calls all benefiting the same team.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As much as I dislike the Saints, that was a blown call by the ref. It ranks up there with the Saints/Vikings game a few years back as well as the Vikings/Cowboys game in 1975.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals tipped off, the Sacramento Kings were one win away from knocking the Los Angeles Lakers out of the playoffs for the first time in years.

The Kings weren’t the underdogs — they had the NBA’s best regular-season record and home court advantage — but they certainly didn’t have the mass international appeal of the Lakers. When the fourth quarter rolled around, Sacramento was charged with a slew of mysterious foul calls, helping Los Angeles come from behind and win the game. The lopsided calls in the fourth quarter and LA’s subsequent victory in Game 7 gave many NBA fans a suspicious feeling about the officiating in Game 6.
2002 Kings vs Lakers game 6

I watched that game and couldn't believe the blatant fake penalties and fouls. The referees were dirty and threw the game to the Lakers because the NBA wanted a marquis name in the finals.

It was clear the refs threw that game. I don't watch NBA anymore. Fugg 'em.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll toss out the 1985 World Series in game 6. Don Denkinger blew the call at first with Todd Worrel covering first.

What do you think about some all time blown calls?

Have to believe this one was worse. 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, one out away from a perfect game...BANG!
Even the runner couldn't believe it happened.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
As much as I dislike the Saints, that was a blown call by the ref. It ranks up there with the Saints/Vikings game a few years back as well as the Vikings/Cowboys game in 1975.

No, it was a crooked call by a ref.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by TimZ
That one last night against the Saints has to rank right near the top, given how it almost surely changed the outcome of the game, and what was at stake...

Yep.. I wonder if the refs noted the Vegas odds before the game?? NFL refs are getting to be total jokes..

With billions bet on these games you dont think organized crime can tap a few refs to pull a few critical calls when the time is right?

Most didnt believe the fbi, doj, irs, ect coulc be weaponized against the constitution either.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Legacy changing call, the Saint's got screwed big time. I don't think the games are deliberately fixed, but I do think some teams get calls that others don't. The Pat's always get a call or two that other teams likely would not.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've been watching pro football since 1960. That non call last night was about the worst mistake I ever have seen.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The three bogus penalties, holding, offensive pass interference, illegal block that negated Al "touchdown" Bundy, 5th TD for Polk High city championship game..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
The three bogus penalties, holding, offensive pass interference, illegal block that negated Al "touchdown" Bundy, 5th TD for Polk High city championship game..

Excellent point!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see where the NFL might consider making pass interference reviewable. If they do that, they might just as well forget about requiring a receiver to catch the ball and award progress to the spot where the flight of the ball and the receiver's route intersected on every thrown ball.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To be honest, I think the entire sport has become pretty ridiculous.

Rule changes and the evolution to a pass happy schit show as the receivers and defenders mug each other all the way down the field...

No kickoff returns.

QBs can toss it away to avoid a sack.

The slide.

Agonizingly long replay reviews, half of which they get wrong anyway.

Idiotic celebration routines and incessant chest pounding, even when they're down by 30 with a minute to go.

What it is.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S

Hahaha!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Chief's lost, get your panties unwadded and get over it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll toss out the 1985 World Series in game 6. Don Denkinger blew the call at first with Todd Worrel covering first.

What do you think about some all time blown calls?

This one without a doubt

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wasn't even born when most of these events cited happened

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colorado vs Missouri

Colorado was given 5 downs to score a touchdown.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Football Refs are the devil.

Overall in general.......

Specially when calls dont your teams way.

But they are the greatest thing since sliced individual wrapped sandwich cheese when their calls go your teams way.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,347 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.