Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Last edited by Nrut; 01/21/19.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
BP-B6

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqk yourself...mainly because you will get more poozy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

1000 words in 224 Grendel and 243 BR...and now you can say you've "seen" one. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1000 words.

Oooopsie!..................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Figured it would fly right over your pointy head ya dumb lil' fquck..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm rather steeped in AICS footprint mags and am afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while you GOTTA pilfer and plagiarize from others. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now one can go AICS bindered mag,roll PRIMAL BR guts and tweak feedlips to Grendel...but they sure as fhuqk ain't gonna roll as issued.

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Not you "know" too.

Bless your heart...................

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Brownells has had 6.5G mini barreled actions on sale for months. I’ve thought about one but can’t get real excited about dropping a mini into an aluminum chassis or a laminate handle. Don’t think it’d feel all that compact and handy at that point and I think I’d rather just shoot an AR than a mini in an MDT chassis

And as said above, AR mags would be more appealing than $40 proprietary mags..

I don't really have any love for detachable mags on hunting rifles. I keep a few ARs and Glocks around for applications that lend themselves to mag changes.

I'd like to figure out a way to put in a blind mag. The mag that came with isn't designed to have rounds pushed straight down in it, so other guts will need to be explored. Possibly a solid bottom metal and the guts of a shortened AICS mag stuffed in the stock? Maybe one of those bastard hinged setups like Browning used on the BAR semi autos? I'm perfectly happy with 2 or 3 down. Also, I may just block the mag well off and use it as a single shot. At the very least, I will shorten the mag as several folks have already documented.

I could live with a laminate stock. I've gotten them down pretty light before by hogging out a lot of the material in the butt and the barrel channel. I'll wait and see if there are any new stocks at SHOT show for the mini.

In hunting mode it will most likely have a Leupold 6x36 on it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd want an AICS DBM in .264",simply for the COAL latitude. It's also a nice way to tote extry rounds in a pack,or a pocket.

Single shot bolts,loose luster quickly..................(grin)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good stuff.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weagle
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Brownells has had 6.5G mini barreled actions on sale for months. I’ve thought about one but can’t get real excited about dropping a mini into an aluminum chassis or a laminate handle. Don’t think it’d feel all that compact and handy at that point and I think I’d rather just shoot an AR than a mini in an MDT chassis

And as said above, AR mags would be more appealing than $40 proprietary mags..

I don't really have any love for detachable mags on hunting rifles. I keep a few ARs and Glocks around for applications that lend themselves to mag changes.

I'd like to figure out a way to put in a blind mag. The mag that came with isn't designed to have rounds pushed straight down in it, so other guts will need to be explored. Possibly a solid bottom metal and the guts of a shortened AICS mag stuffed in the stock? Maybe one of those bastard hinged setups like Browning used on the BAR semi autos? I'm perfectly happy with 2 or 3 down. Also, I may just block the mag well off and use it as a single shot. At the very least, I will shorten the mag as several folks have already documented.

I could live with a laminate stock. I've gotten them down pretty light before by hogging out a lot of the material in the butt and the barrel channel. I'll wait and see if there are any new stocks at SHOT show for the mini.

In hunting mode it will most likely have a Leupold 6x36 on it.

Doesn’t look like there’s much to making the mag flush fit if you want

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So if I’m reading your 1,000 words, you went CF stock / floor plate on one and carved down/painted the other?

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are both carved down hogue-like howa stocks....that's my guess

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good stuff.

Very good.

And fhuqking funny!...............(grin)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The carbon fiber is a hydro-dip.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too bad Howa don't leap to the front and do a Custom Shop.

They're closer than most..................

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, tell more about the floor plate on the Mini.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
there is no floorplate on the mini action only a molded plastic trigger guard-magwell.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I forget the full details. Owner dude did it before the dipping.... I think, IIRC, it's just a plug, not functional, circa mid 2016.

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by HokeyPokeyKid
there is no floorplate on the mini action only a molded plastic trigger guard-magwell.

I know...hence the interest in what appeared to be one.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
JB, Maybe, just maybe, I will dig through to find his thread. Late tonight... I am almost wanting a mini now.

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s a great rifle. I hate the magazine. I now know I hate ANY kind of detachable magazine on a bolt gun.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/22/19.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 14 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.