Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by DMc
It's a piece of cake hanco. No worries. You won't believe how much you've been missing. And colors become vibrant again.

Good Luck!

This.
No glasses needed now and I had forgotten how blue the sky is!

Just do it.

BP-B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by hanco
Anyone had eye surgery, new lens put in? My right eye needs it worse than the left. Open sights, forget it. A friend of wifey had it done two weeks ago to her left eye, the other last week. She said it took 6 minutes. She says it’s amazing how much better she can see. I didn’t ask what it costs, does anyone know? Will Medicare pay for it? I’m nervous about anyone doing anything to my eyes. Will I still need glasses to read?

Thanks for replies!

I had both eyes done in 2016 and was very lucky. I had perfect vision immediately after surgery and still don't need to wear reading glasses. I can use open sights again too. The surgeries took less than 10 minutes each and was completely pain free. If you don't take any pain/anxiety medication you can leave as soon as they pull the IV needle out.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had mine done a couple years ago, glad I did wore glasses all my life, now just wear reading glasses for up close.
Have not been hunting since they were done, but can't wait to see how it is traipsing around and not fogging up.
Although it is not good with open sights and have to refocus all my scopes.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Had my left eye done a month ago. Honestly, I was scared spitless of it, but as everybody said, it turned out to be a ho-hum deal. Doc recommended the regular lens, and I opted for distance. I'm used to reading glasses, so that made sense. He doesn't want to touch my right eye because he said it would be nuts to operate on 20/25 vision. I have Medicare and Tricare, and paid only a $400 hospital fee they said isn't covered.

My new prescription glasses are enroute from zenni.com any day now. I highly recommend them over any optical shop. Price this at any shop you choose: Titanium flex memory frame, bifocal lenses, tinted, with scratch coat, anti-glare-coat, UV coat, with a set of clip on sun lenses. From zenni, they're $88.

Thanks for posting that again. I couldn’t remember who posted, nor the site.

Had been meaning to ask.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.