Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did they ever pay "US" back dollar for dollar?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Global capitalism is what it is. I'm driving the only GM product I'd ever purchase in the future (2500HD w/ Duramax). It wouldn't be what it is without global capitalism. I swore off Ford forever after seeing their example of "Quality is job number 1." The power strokes relied upon a relay to charge glow plugs. It wouldn't start if it was colder than 53 or so. After replacing 4 and noticing the replacements failed within a month or two of the warranty expiring, I started carrying spares (at $300 a pop). Living in the Rockys, I found myself stranded in cold weather too many times to count.... I've known to many dodge owners to go down the Ram road even though Cummings is the real deal. If Toyota ever offered a HD diesel in 3/4 ton, I'd never buy another Detroit designed product. Our other vehicles are Toyotas (Sequoias and a FJ). I truly respect the sentiments of those who are committed to only buy American.... However, I don't think such an animal exists today as parts are sourced from around the globe. In any event, I do believe the Japanese vehicles (and now Korean) have forced Detroit to pay more attention to quality control. In that sense, we're all beneficiaries of global capitalism.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by elkaddict
Global capitalism is what it is. I'm driving the only GM product I'd ever purchase in the future (2500HD w/ Duramax). It wouldn't be what it is without global capitalism. I swore off Ford forever after seeing their example of "Quality is job number 1." The power strokes relied upon a relay to charge glow plugs. It wouldn't start if it was colder than 53 or so. After replacing 4 and noticing the replacements failed within a month or two of the warranty expiring, I started carrying spares (at $300 a pop). Living in the Rockys, I found myself stranded in cold weather too many times to count.... I've known to many dodge owners to go down the Ram road even though Cummings is the real deal. If Toyota ever offered a HD diesel in 3/4 ton, I'd never buy another Detroit designed product. Our other vehicles are Toyotas (Sequoias and a FJ). I truly respect the sentiments of those who are committed to only buy American.... However, I don't think such an animal exists today as parts are sourced from around the globe. In any event, I do believe the Japanese vehicles (and now Korean) have forced Detroit to pay more attention to quality control. In that sense, we're all beneficiaries of global capitalism.

Very well said.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkaddict
In any event, I do believe the Japanese vehicles (and now Korean) have forced Detroit to pay more attention to quality control. In that sense, we're all beneficiaries of global capitalism.

If that hadn't happened, we'd still be driving around in 70's land yacht technology. In some ways I miss my old Coupe de Ville, but not enough to give up my 'yotas.

If you like GM's I say drive them. You'll likely not hurt their bottom line by giving them up. Unless you have a million or two friends give up theirs too. By then, the other areas of the globe will be happy to purchase some from them.

Did anyone watch the video Dutch posted on the coming surge in cheap electricity for Africa, S. Asia, and the Middle East? Once the standard of living there rises, them folks gonna want cars too. If they're affordable enough, they might just be Chinese Buicks.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The same family that owns all the railroads, owns the Federal Reserve Trust Co. (known as the Federal Reserve Bank) owns GM.
The Assets of the Payseur family is vast, they practically own everything. Way to numerous to post here. That is who your tax money bailed out even though they didn't need bailed out.

ASSETS OF LEWIS CASS PAYSEUR

American Motors Company
General Motors Corporation
Cadillac Motor Car Company
Carolina Cadillac Company Studebaker Carriages and Wagons Company

Last edited by K22; 01/22/19.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by K22
The same family that owns all the railroads, owns the Federal Reserve Trust Co. (known as the Federal Reserve Bank) owns GM.
The Assets of the Payseur family is vast, they practically own everything. Way to numerous to post here. That is who your tax money bailed out even though they didn't need bailed out.

American Motors Company

Never knew that.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by K22

American Motors Company

Never knew that.

That family is the Puppet Master for the whole world. Also the one Trump is planning on taking down. Your tax money collected by the IRS goes to pay off the national debt which is the Federal Reserve. So, the collection agency for the Federal Reserve (the Payseur family) is the IRS and the tax money goes to them. The IRS is not a Federal Agency but we pay them. If that is hard to believe, then ask yourself what law you violate when you don't pay Federal Taxes? There is no law for that, it is called a Tax "Code". The only legal taxes the Gov. can collect is Excise Tax, Import/Export Tax, and Corporate tax.

Here is a short list of some of the companies they own. I'm serious when I say it is a short list.
Gail Borden, Eagle Brand Milk Company………………………………………………​……………………………… ( Borden)
The Genessee Pure Food Company …………………………………………………….​……………………… ( General Foods)
Heinzs Pickle Company………………………………………………​…………………………………………………….​. ( Heinz 57)
The American Cereal Company………………………………………………​……………………………………. ( Quaker Oals)
United Fruit Trading Company:- Linked to Grace Shipping Lines
Armour and Company:-(Formerly Armour Meat Packing Company)
The Lancaster Hardware Company
Mimaugh’s Department Store
Bibb’s Stove and Range Company
Swift and Company
The Woolson Spice Company
Cleveland’s Baking Powder Company
White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer Company
Arbuckle Brothers Coffee Company
King’s Buckwheat Flour Company
Lustro Cleaners Company
Lincolnton Drug Company: Became Rexall Drugs
Fleming Brothers Cologne
New Mown Hay Sachet Colgate and Company. Perfumers of New York
Boll Brothers Manufacturing Company Harrisburg, Pa. (metal beds and bedding)
Tarrant’s Aperient Seltzer Company
Celluloid Eye Glasses Company (Patent #03-13-1877) S.O.M. Company
Steele and Price Manufacturing Company (Yeast, flavoring extracts etc., Chicago, III.)
Brown’s Iron Bitters Company
Richmond Heater Company (wood burning heaters)
Charles W.S. Banks Furniture Company Baltimore, Md
Peloubet and Company, Bloomfield. NJ – Mfr. Standard Brand Organs
Ehvet Magnesia Mfg Company
Boston Rubber Shoe Company
Sears, Roebuck and Co.

Colt Firearms

Lancaster & Chester Railway Company
Cheraw & Chester Railroad Company
Leased for 99 years to the Charlotte, Columbia and Augusta Railroad Company, executed October 3, 1882.
and recorded in the Court of Probate and the County Recorders office of Chester County. South Carolina.
Seaboard Air Line Railway Company, South Carolina Division:
Along with the liens of the “iron rails and cross-ties” of lines under 99 year leases which have been merged
into the Seaboard Air Line Railway Company: some known as:
Catawba Valley Railway Company: Chester County, South Carolina
The Chattanooga. Augusta and Charleston Air Line Railway Co., recorded in Chester County, South Carolina.
The Memphis / Charleston Railroad Company: The Seaboard Air Lines System of Railroads Company, as
recorded in the office of the Probate Judge in and for the County of Dorchester, South Carolina, in Book “S
23” at Page 7, Dated December 9. 1899.
The Port Royal Railroad Company, as recorded with the office of the Probate Judge of Barnwell County,
South Carolina.
The Chester and Lenoir Narrow Gauge Railroad Company, as recorded in the County of Chester, South
Carolina, formerly known as the Wilmington. Charlotte and Rutherfordton Railway Company, as formed in
the City of Lincolnton, North Carolina, by the Payseur family.
Buffalo, Union and Carlisle Railway:- Union. South Carolina
C. and W.C. Railway: Anderson. South Carolina
Atlantic Coast Line Railway Company:- Richland. South Carolina
G. & F. Railway Company: Greenwood, South Carolina
C. N. & L. Railway Company: Newberry, South Carolina
H. and B. Railway Company:- Colleton, South Carolina
C. and L. Railway Company:- Chesterfield, South Carolina
C. M. and C. Railway Company:- Chesterfield, South Carolina
Northwestern South Carolina Railway Company:- Spartanburg, South Carolina
Atlanta and Charlotte Railway Company:- Spartanburg, South Carolina
Ashville and Spartanburg Railway Company:- Spartanburg, South Carolina
Spartanburg, Union and Columbia Railway Company:- Spartanburg. S. C.
Columbia and Greenville Railway Company:- Greenville. South Carolina
Southern Railway Company, South Carolina Division:- Columbia, South Carolina
South Side Railroad Co.:- Connecting Atlanta. Georgia with Washington, D. C.
Selma, Rome and Dalton Railroad Company and Alabama Mineral Land Company of New York parent
to the famed Standard Oil now Exxon Oil.
Ashley Branch and Coal Line Railway Company
Georgia. Carolina and Northern Railroad: and its 99 year lease to Seaboard Air Line Railway Company
King’s Mountain Gold Mine and Railroad Company: Companies listed in Real Property Book 1734 Page 62 et.
seq.. Court of Probate, in Alabama
Louisville and Nashville Railroad
Nashville and Decatur Railroad
The Great Southern Railroad Line
South and North Alabama Railroad
Mobile and Montgomery Railroad
Georgia Pacific and T. A., Louisville Ky.
Pennsylvania Railroad: See Chart on Penn Central Company, 6.5 Billion Dollar Empire
Mexican Railway:- Mexico City, Mexico
Mexican Central Railway:- Guadalajara, Mexico
New York Central Railroad
Southern Pacific Railroad
Missouri Pacific Railroad
Mobile and Ohio Railroad
Charleston, Cincinnati and Chicago Railroad Company (the Federal Reserve)
Narrow Gauge, Camden, Lancaster, Charlotte, all in North Carolina
Georgia Pacific Railroad Company (#56)
Pullman Company (builders of Pullman cars for the Railways)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K,

do they hold controlling interests in all those companies?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If I live to be 100 I won't understand the GM bashing.....

Nobody ever complains about the other 979 companies that got bailed out, they just refer to it as the GM bailout while they are likely carrying a credit card from a bank that was bailed out. Bail out the banks=good, bail out GM=bad confused
When we bombed them in WWll they were running around in rickshaws and living in grass huts.... our money and technology after the war put them where they are. I don't remember them inventing much, but they do copy and improve very well.
In the 70s or 80s, they didn't even know how to mine coal. They were still hand digging and loading, very primitive for such an advanced country don't ya think....so they came here and toured mines and took pictures and made notes and hired Americans to go there and teach them, and now they are a top producer. Since they are so magnificent, I wonder why they needed us???
Foreign manufacturers come here to build vehicles so they don't have to ship them here, they just ship the money home and everyone welcomes the idea. crazy GM goes there to make it easier to get into their market and everyone hates GM. Maybe if the union workers weren't so good at playing hide and seek for a grand or so a week they could be more competitive and GM wouldn't have to do this.

I firmly blame the GM management for running the company into the ground and needing a bailout, so why penalize the workers by refusing the bailout? Would it have been better to hurt the workers???? People can't be dumb enough to think that if they don't buy GM they are hurting the management.... Corporate management will always take care of themselves first, so if you don't buy GM you are hurting the workers, but that's ok.... somebody in Japan needs a raise anyhow.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is possible, the video is from 2011 or 2012. But that's ok, we'll act like it was made yesterday and this is some new announcement, that way we can all start the "GM sucks and my Tundra is awesome" chant again.... By the way, I think the biggest motor offered in a Tundra is a 5.7 liter, which is a 350 cu in v-8, which GM introduced in 1967 or 68. So Toyota is only about 40-50 years behind, but at least they are better....Geez, who can brag about a 350???? The motor in my current truck is literally 45% bigger than that... I guess a Tundra is ok if you want to pick up a bag of grass seed or something like that but if you need an actual HD truck, their biggest motor is only a 350, just buy a damn car or one of those fancy crossover thingys.... whistle

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You fail to mention which truck you have. And this was about China, not Japan.

IC B3

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
K,

do they hold controlling interests in all those companies?

Geno

Yes. They own 45,000 of the voting shares, the other 5000 are public owned but cannot be voted.
In other words, they own monopolies.

A few more to look at. This is still just a partial list. It is estimated that they own 90% of the US and almost that of the World. The families we know and attach to great wealth are the Agents for the Payseur's.
When looking at the list you also have to research who these companies bought out or are subsidiaries of the main companies.

Bank of America
Bank of Lancaster:- Lancaster County. South Carolina
First Bank and Trust Company:-Of Lancaster, South Carolina
The Lancaster Building and Loan Association
The Bank of Heath Springs
The Bank of Charleston
The Bank of Kershaw
Kershaw Mercantile and Banking Company
National Loan and Exchange Bank of Columbia
First National Bank of Camden
National Exchange Bank of Chester
Morgan Guaranty Trust Company of New York
New York Trust Company
The Bank of Richmond
National Loan and Exchange Bank of Camden
Raleigh Savings Bank
American Trust and Savings Bank – Birmingham, Al.
Birmingham Trust and Savings Bank – Birmingham, A l .
Chase National Bank
Riggs National Bank
Hanover National Bank – New York
Brandvwine Bank – Maryland
Hamilton National Bank
South Carolina National Bank
Jefferson Savings and Loan Association
Bank of South Carolina
Bank of New York
Bank of Macon, Georgia
Pennsvlvania National Bank
Sandoz Bank
Painsville. Ohio Bank

Southern Power Company
Duke Power Company
Lancaster Light and Power Company
Potomac Electric Company
General Electric
Company

Reed Gold Mine
Gastonia Gold Mine
Gold Hill Mining Company
King’s Mountain Gold Mine (and Railway Company as above)
Clyta Oro Mining Company-Supplied all the gold for the Federal Reserve
Union Silver Company
Lotowana Silver Mining Company

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Nobody ever complains about the other 979 companies that got bailed out, they just refer to it as the GM bailout while they are likely carrying a credit card from a bank that was bailed out. Bail out the banks=good, bail out GM=bad confused
When we bombed them in WWll they were running around in rickshaws and living in grass huts.... our money and technology after the war put them where they are. I don't remember them inventing much, but they do copy and improve very well.
In the 70s or 80s, they didn't even know how to mine coal. They were still hand digging and loading, very primitive for such an advanced country don't ya think....so they came here and toured mines and took pictures and made notes and hired Americans to go there and teach them, and now they are a top producer. Since they are so magnificent, I wonder why they needed us???
Foreign manufacturers come here to build vehicles so they don't have to ship them here, they just ship the money home and everyone welcomes the idea. crazy GM goes there to make it easier to get into their market and everyone hates GM. Maybe if the union workers weren't so good at playing hide and seek for a grand or so a week they could be more competitive and GM wouldn't have to do this.

I firmly blame the GM management for running the company into the ground and needing a bailout, so why penalize the workers by refusing the bailout? Would it have been better to hurt the workers???? People can't be dumb enough to think that if they don't buy GM they are hurting the management.... Corporate management will always take care of themselves first, so if you don't buy GM you are hurting the workers, but that's ok.... somebody in Japan needs a raise anyhow.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is possible, the video is from 2011 or 2012. But that's ok, we'll act like it was made yesterday and this is some new announcement, that way we can all start the "GM sucks and my Tundra is awesome" chant again.... By the way, I think the biggest motor offered in a Tundra is a 5.7 liter, which is a 350 cu in v-8, which GM introduced in 1967 or 68. So Toyota is only about 40-50 years behind, but at least they are better....Geez, who can brag about a 350???? The motor in my current truck is literally 45% bigger than that... I guess a Tundra is ok if you want to pick up a bag of grass seed or something like that but if you need an actual HD truck, their biggest motor is only a 350, just buy a damn car or one of those fancy crossover thingys.... whistle

Talking about who to blame such as management vs employees/unions is not even scratching the surface. It's a deep rabbit hole if you actually want to know who or what to blame. Blaming Management or the Union is just circling the rim of the hole.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Which truck I drive doesn't matter, since my post wasn't about my truck is better than his or ???? It's not about trucks or even vehicles. My post was about the fact that I don't understand the GM bashing when they weren't the only company to get bailed out nor were they the biggest. Nobody ever calls it the Wells Fargo bailout or the Bank of America or the Citigroup bailout. I bet nobody that brags about their Toyota ever cut up a credit card from a bank that got bailed out. It's just doesn't make sense and, everyone immediately goes to bragging about their Toyota and swearing off GM. I don't even view a Tundra as much of a "truck" because it won't do what I need a truck to do. It won't haul or tow as much as I want a truck to be able to. It's a little 1/2 ton nothing.....I guarantee that I could haul just as much in a 1972 Kingswood estate station wagon as I could in Toyota Tundra, but guys sure do like to brag about their yota's. To me it's actually laughable.

TRUMP 2020
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Which truck I drive doesn't matter, since my post wasn't about my truck is better than his or ???? It's not about trucks or even vehicles. My post was about the fact that I don't understand the GM bashing when they weren't the only company to get bailed out nor were they the biggest. Nobody ever calls it the Wells Fargo bailout or the Bank of America or the Citigroup bailout. I bet nobody that brags about their Toyota ever cut up a credit card from a bank that got bailed out. It's just doesn't make sense and, everyone immediately goes to bragging about their Toyota and swearing off GM. I don't even view a Tundra as much of a "truck" because it won't do what I need a truck to do. It won't haul or tow as much as I want a truck to be able to. It's a little 1/2 ton nothing.....I guarantee that I could haul just as much in a 1972 Kingswood estate station wagon as I could in Toyota Tundra, but guys sure do like to brag about their yota's. To me it's actually laughable.

You seem to be very happy with your truck. I’m happy for you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by K22

Talking about who to blame such as management vs employees/unions is not even scratching the surface. It's a deep rabbit hole if you actually want to know who or what to blame. Blaming Management or the Union is just circling the rim of the hole.

I can't disagree with you on that. However, I was in management for a while and the "good" managers taught me that when in management, you should spend company money as if it was your own. So when you hear about a company on the brink of needing bailed out while management is taking 6 or 7 figure bonuses, then I blame management. Since management's job is to manage, I also blame management for letting it get that bad before doing something to turn it around. It's also managements job to motivate the workforce to ensure they are as productive as possible. I am not saying that the workers are not to blame at all, but I put more responsibility on the management. They are the ones getting the big salaries for running the company and they should have never taken bonuses while the company was doing so poorly.

TRUMP 2020
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You seem to be very happy with your truck. I’m happy for you.

Thanks. It's been good to me with no major problems, but I do realize that they ALL have problems.

TRUMP 2020
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I drive a 98 Z71 and a 2003 Suburban. Both are the most dependable vehicles I have ever owned.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by LouisB
Did they ever pay "US" back dollar for dollar?

Did Japan ever pay back the 2.1 Billion Dollars the U.S. taxpayers spent ( $22 Billion in todays money) to rebuilt corporate Japan after they bombed Pearl Harbor?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Board feet.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
U-N-I-O-N-S . . . . . .??

This - obummer voters.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

609 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 160user, 47 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,237
Posts18,447,813
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.