A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Caribou
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
LOL!!@ I re-read my post, I do sound sorta stupid laugh
Indeed, to be clear; I aint talking about some air droppable/ portable 6" trash pump, Im talking hooked up to at least a 350 Chevy, if not something bigger and diesel power'd on a skid that we drug from pits and ponds to the next ones.

They were at least 2,600 gallons per minute with a 140 + foot vertical lift.

I'd bet they make a 6 inch Bilge pump, but I bet they do for bigger ships.What they move per-minute would depend on how much power they give it.

Chip;,,,,,, Sorry, but a Pump with a 140 + foot of Vertical-Lift, is NOT Possible, not in this World anyway, see attached.
LJ cool

Well, for the hell of it , I googled '' 6 inch trash pump, 140 foot vertical lift'' and this popped up.

Its interesting

http://www.equipmentsourceinc.com/equipment/pumps/6-trailer-mounted-pump

6 inches, 2600 GPM, 140 foot head...Ive got experience with this stuff.....Ive had this sort draining the pit, filling the wash plant tank and moving water up and out where I dont need it, and often the only way to go is 'up'
I apologize for getting OT.........

Ok Then,,,,,, 140 Foot Head, which is Dis-Charge, but when you said Vertical-Lift, thats "Suction",,,, Meanwhile back on the Ranch,,, whistle

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hahahahahha......

When yer in the pit, the pump is down there with you, pushing water up to the 'head', however many feet that may be and thats what counts, if it cannot be sucked up there with a pump atop the pit.......and with the attached explanation, I understand, scientificly, why the pump aint up out of the pits, except my boss said ''Put it there!"' and that was the only explanation I ever got untill now ......LOL!!!

150 feet of hose is a heck of lot more managable than 150 feet of tubing.

We called it ''lift', for right or wrong, and just re-reading the specs on the pump I came across as an example, above, it too describes it as "lift". I assume the 'lift' isnt being sucked up, as the attachments explained that cannot be done..
Quote;
"The pump is driven by a turbocharged, four-cycle, variable speed Kubota diesel engine that provides a maximum shaft power of 70 hp. Together, the Pioneer pump and Kubota engine deliver a maximum flow rate of 2600 gallons per minute at 2200 rpm, with a vertical lift of up to 140 feet.
Rent an ESI 6-inch pump today for a pump-trailer set that will never shy away from hard work!"

Im sure its described by all of us differently, and theres nothing wrong with that.........

Last edited by Caribou; 01/19/19.

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Hahahahahha......

When yer in the pit, the pump is down there with you, pushing water up to the 'head', however many feet that may be and thats what counts, if it cannot be sucked up there with a pump atop the pit.......and with the attached explanation, I understand, scientificly, why the pump aint up out of the pits, except my boss said ''Put it there!"' and that was the only explanation I ever got untill now ......LOL!!!

We called it ''lift', for right or wrong, and just re-reading the specs on the pump I came across as an example, above, it too describes it as "lift". I assume the 'lift' isnt being sucked up, as the attachments explained that cannot be done..
Quote;
"The pump is driven by a turbocharged, four-cycle, variable speed Kubota diesel engine that provides a maximum shaft power of 70 hp. Together, the Pioneer pump and Kubota engine deliver a maximum flow rate of 2600 gallons per minute at 2200 rpm, with a vertical lift of up to 140 feet.
Rent an ESI 6-inch pump today for a pump-trailer set that will never shy away from hard work!"

Im sure its described by all of us differently, and theres nothing wrong with that.........

Hey Chip,,,,, well, we've pretty much rung the [bleep] out of this Thread,,,,,, and it's not to say that I haven't seen Manufactures Spec's Presented in an Incorrect manner,,,,,
ie..... Quality Control in the Sales & Editing Dept., with Brochure Adds Claiming Unattainable Spec's,,,,,
So just to be clear, this is "Nothing" against you,,,, but to set the record straight, the Pumps Head is Achieved by "Pushing/Pumping" the Water/Liquid/Fuel etc.... but First, the Pump has to "Lift/Suck" that desired Liquid up accordingly. So lets just call it,,,, "Semantics" I Guess. cool

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Hahahahahha......

Quote;

Hey Chip,,,,, well, we've pretty much rung the [bleep] out of this Thread,,,,,, and it's not to say that I haven't seen Manufactures Spec's Presented in an Incorrect manner,,,,,
ie..... Quality Control in the Sales & Editing Dept., with Brochure Adds Claiming Unattainable Spec's,,,,,
So just to be clear, this is "Nothing" against you,,,, but to set the record straight, the Pumps Head is Achieved by "Pushing/Pumping" the Water/Liquid/Fuel etc.... but First, the Pump has to "Lift/Suck" that desired Liquid up accordingly. So lets just call it,,,, "Semantics" I Guess. cool

Indubitably laugh

''Folks that can actually fhuqking shoot,KNOW that everything will work. Folks who don't,contrive reasons why NOTHING does work.''
Big Stick
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Last I knew the CG was dropping and transferring the P6 pump. Simple Honda engine with an optimistic capacity of 250GPM. They are a good bit lighter and lighter duty than the P250.

When delivered by aircraft they are cased in a plastic cube container. When delivered by boat they are delivered in an aluminum cylinder container. A helo will lower a lead bag attached to a trail line. The crew on the distressed vessel gets control of the trail line then guides the container aboard. The pilots are blind to stuff directly beneath them. In addition to providing greater control and safety with the use of the trail line, the helo can kind of drift back so that the pilots can see. When dropped from planes they use parachutes with a long line. When they are lucky, they can drape the line right over the vessel. That doesn't happen often.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coa...QzKAPIQ_AUIESgE&biw=1536&bih=762

And in most cases high winds

IC B2

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Not a coastguard man, but the emergency pumps I’ve seen are usually a Honda powepack driving a hydraulic pacer pump. Pacer pumps are an interference pump. They can move a lot of water in s hurry. Some fishing boats are rigged with a y-valve on the seacock of their wash down pump so the seacock can be closed and the suction can be put in the bilge to aid dewatering.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I've seen a USCG jet fly out in the Gulf of Mexico and drop a pump to a small vessel that was in distress just south of us. They dropped it right in the middle of the deck. Probably a 30 or 40 foot boat.

Right into the bilge?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.