-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had one feller call me from the county jail to tell me he couldn't make it work that day, unless I'd come post a $500 bond for him.

I told him, well...the circus don't stop for one monkey.

I took the abrupt GFY as his resignation. 😄

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by slumlord
What type of job?

Carpenter. Just the way it is now. Used to be guys wanted to learn/practice a trade. Now they just want a paycheck. I pay higher than local average $23/hr and some benefits, truck, fuel, 3 weeks paid time off, 3% 401k match. Workforce is dwindling away quick. Biggest damage Obama did to this country was show that you could survive pretty nicely being unemployed, and convince everyone that they're a victim, and that all their problems are caused by someone else.

Yep. The recession and obama ruined a lot of good men. Masonry trade is going through the same mess. Former masons have learned to get by working part time, tax free gigs. Most are still driving the same ol 86 Ford pick up and living in Mama’s house. You can’t put enough bait on the hook to get them to take a masonry job now. Very sad! These same guys used to be rugged, tough, hard working dudes. No more.

I agree. Even the guys that work hard, only work hard, almost nobody takes pride in their work anymore. To get a decent guy, you have to pay top dollar and even then they act like they are God's gift. Nobody is humble and hard working anymore.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is the East Coast REALLY sucking this much ass? I get resumes cast at me every day and attrition is nil,other than folks climbing the ladder...which behooves the lot and reflects rather well on the group.

The best help,always ride for the brand with the best vibe...not all of which is money................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need pay more and expect more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Biggest damage Obama did to this country was show that you could survive pretty nicely being unemployed, and convince everyone that they're a victim, and that all their problems are caused by someone else.

There is much truth to that.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The more folks on the tit,the better it is for them that ain't.

Opportunity has NEVER been more ripe,than today. Great folks abound,but never for peanuts.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is "starting" Masonry wages? Ballpark living expenses? What is "top end" Masonry money in extrapolation and the timeline to achieve same?

What is the appeal?...................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not many RIDE FOR THE BRAND anymore, work ethic today is a joke. I worked hard made mine and I'm glad I'm done. I wouldn't have put up with these pussies for an Hour. That is why I decided not to go big and just grind it out by myself and keep more of the profit and not share it with the scum labor force the left has given us.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve had a few quit over text. Had even more just quit showing up. Oil and Gas service companies are constantly lining up to take it in the a$$ from their customers, and a big part of that means offering up a little more than their competitors so they have the help to take on the work. You’d be surprised at the number of sorry sacks who will jump ship for another twenty five cents an hour.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What kind of money are they paying these guys,to start?................

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I’ve had a few quit over text. Had even more just quit showing up. Oil and Gas service companies are constantly lining up to take it in the a$$ from their customers, and a big part of that means offering up a little more than their competitors so they have the help to take on the work. You’d be surprised at the number of sorry sacks who will jump ship for another twenty five cents an hour.

What kind of money are they paying these guys,to start?................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Who cares they took the job.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatammo
Who cares they took the job.

What kind of money are they paying these guys,to start?

It more than likely germane.

Hint...............

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
What type of job?

Carpenter. Just the way it is now. Used to be guys wanted to learn/practice a trade. Now they just want a paycheck. I pay higher than local average $23/hr and some benefits, truck, fuel, 3 weeks paid time off, 3% 401k match. Workforce is dwindling away quick. Biggest damage Obama did to this country was show that you could survive pretty nicely being unemployed, and convince everyone that they're a victim, and that all their problems are caused by someone else.

I think it started before that with the "everyone goes to college" track. Everyone is going to be a rocket scientist but we won't have anyone to build rockets. Resigning by text is a complete different problem.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatammo
Not many RIDE FOR THE BRAND anymore, work ethic today is a joke. I worked hard made mine and I'm glad I'm done. I wouldn't have put up with these pussies for an Hour. That is why I decided not to go big and just grind it out by myself and keep more of the profit and not share it with the scum labor force the left has given us.

It'll help correlate your bitching.

What kind of money are they paying these guys,to start?

It more than likely germane.

Hint...............

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I hate is the process of going through applications, running down references, making a decision, doing the job offer, and then they don't show or maybe only for a day. Meanwhile the rest of the pool has been informed they better look elsewhere.

Then a 90-day selection process has to start over again.

On another tangent, there was an interview of about 25 teens and one question was "how many of you got a prom invitation face to face?" Not a single hand went up.
Seems most cannot handle rejection.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/22/19.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like walking away is "new"?!? It's called "Tramping",for a reason. Hint.

This schit is fhuqking funny!.................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
What I hate is the process of going through applications, running down references, making a decision, doing the job offer, and then they don't show or maybe only for a day. Meanwhile the rest of the pool has been informed they better look elsewhere.

Then a 90-day selection process has to start over again.

On another tangent, there was an interview of about 25 teens and one question was "how many of you got a prom invitation face to face?" Not a single hand went up.
Seems most cannot handle rejection.

What line of work? Starting pay? Benefits? Advancement probability?.......................

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
you sure sound like a union guy.

MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,651
Posts18,455,483
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.