Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatammo
you sure sound like a union guy.

You couldn't be further from the mark. It is more than a touch "telling",that you are sooooooo uncomfy in stating basics. I hear a BUNCH of Whining,but the baseline wages are devoid the conversation and particulars skirted on purpose...for more than a few reasons.

If you treat folks well,pay well and expect much,you can NOT drive good folks away. What "Union" is that?

Hint.

Bless your heart.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What line of work? Starting pay? Benefits? Advancement probability?.......................

29 to $44K, vacation, sick leave, health insurance, and match up to 5% of salary in 401. Biological technician with at least a BS.

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I’ve had a few quit over text. Had even more just quit showing up. Oil and Gas service companies are constantly lining up to take it in the a$$ from their customers, and a big part of that means offering up a little more than their competitors so they have the help to take on the work. You’d be surprised at the number of sorry sacks who will jump ship for another twenty five cents an hour.

What kind of money are they paying these guys,to start?................

A guy walking in off the street with no experience starts at $19 an hour with full benefits. People who prove themselves competent and display a good work ethic get frequent raises. That same guy sticks around for a few years and becomes a supervisor, makes 150-180 grand a year with company pickup, phone, laptop. I don’t know of a whole lot of other jobs that can provide that with zero education beyond high school.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
What line of work? Starting pay? Benefits? Advancement probability?.......................

29 to $44K, vacation, sick leave, health insurance, and match up to 5% of salary in 401. Biological technician with at least a BS.

No wonder.

Wow.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve had a few quit over text. Had even more just quit showing up. Oil and Gas service companies are constantly lining up to take it in the a$$ from their customers, and a big part of that means offering up a little more than their competitors so they have the help to take on the work. You’d be surprised at the number of sorry sacks who will jump ship for another twenty five cents an hour.

A guy walking in off the street with no experience starts at $19 an hour with full benefits. People who prove themselves competent and display a good work ethic get frequent raises. That same guy sticks around for a few years and becomes a supervisor, makes 150-180 grand a year with company pickup, phone, laptop. I don’t know of a whole lot of other jobs that can provide that with zero education beyond high school.

Work schedule? Vacation?....................

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

With this side of the business and natural gas prices being what they are, it’s pretty much a Monday through Friday gig. If and when it ever ramps up. 15 on 6 off, vacation is dependent upon years worked. Starts out at two weeks and tops out at six.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A guy off the street starts at nearly $10 more here(18yr old kid outta High School). He works 2wks on/off,gets 90hrs a week minimum,everything over 8,or better than 40 is OT. Health Insurance is free. By 21 he makes the money you cite and retains the 6 months of vacation.

I now savvy the turnover.

Simply had NO fhuqking idea...................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute

In fairness,kids on Summer Vacation from Junior High,make that much fishing for a few months in the summer.................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A guy off the street starts at nearly $10 more here(18yr old kid outta High School). He works 2wks on/off,gets 90hrs a week minimum,everything over 8,or better than 40 is OT. Health Insurance is free. By 21 he makes the money you cite and retains the 6 months of vacation.

I now savvy the turnover.

Simply had NO fhuqking idea...................

Well now you can say you’ve “heard” about it. Bless your heart.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have heard about Slums...just never seen one.

Thanks!

Bless your heart..................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big Stick I believe where you are it cost quite a bit more to live I.E. what does a loaf of bread cost, a gallon of gas, a doz. of egg, a house, this might explain the difference in wages also.
Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fuel today was $3.95,houses ain't cheap.(grin)

I asked the cost of living question,for them reasons...but my guys live all over the World,as per their whim. I'm where I want to be and hope others are too and I doubt anyone has mailed a paycheck back. Laughing!

Go to College and make 30-[bleep] grand?!? Stick that job in your ass!!!

The Woods 30 years ago,yielded twice that,in the same AO.

Hint..................

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Realize it takes a forty dollar an hour job in Alaska, to equal 15 in the lower 48. Housing ,food, beer, cars, trucks, fuel everything is real expensive. We visit the kids every year. The last four trips I bought used pickups, took them up sold or left to be sold, and paid airfare back, plus a few dollars in the pocket! Not enough fishing boats and slope work to keep Alaska resident's employed. That's why parts of Anchorage, is as slum like as many other cities. No work for the masses! Not trying to start a conflict, just relating experience!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Standing on the boss's desk, peeing on his paperwork while yelling "I quit!" is the preferred method of resigning.

Danged kids anyway.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Realize it takes a forty dollar an hour job in Alaska, to equal 15 in the lower 48. Housing ,food, beer, cars, trucks, fuel everything is real expensive. We visit the kids every year. The last four trips I bought used pickups, took them up sold or left to be sold, and paid airfare back, plus a few dollars in the pocket! Not enough fishing boats and slope work to keep Alaska resident's employed. That's why parts of Anchorage, is as slum like as many other cities. No work for the masses! Not trying to start a conflict, just relating experience!

Realize that given the schedule,you can live ANYWHERE.

The ONLY folks not working,are THE worthless fhuqks. Hint.

Hint...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Standing on the boss's desk, peeing on his paperwork while yelling "I quit!" is the preferred method of resigning.

Danged kids anyway.

I'm FAMOUSER than fhuqk,in alotta circles...for a right proper tramp.

And I don't blush..............(grin)

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=Big Stick]Have heard about Slums...just never seen one.

Thanks!

Bless your heart..................[/quote

Forgive me for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to split my time between a place where every consumer product needs to come in the mail, or the frozen skid mark known as the north slope, or the shantytown production platforms in the cook inlet. Given those parameters, if a person was looking for a slum he simply need open his eyes or flip on the fuggin light....laffin'

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I pcsed to fort Carson a few yrs back we went into king super or is it Souper anyhow we saw soda $2.99 a 12 pack [bleep] we loaded up the shopping cart thought it was sale compared to Alaska 6.99 a 12 pack. Then we realized that everyday prices in lower 48 lol.. my buddy in eastern Idaho told me if you make $36,000 a year you are doing very good..

Last edited by 79S; 01/22/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Raise your wage and put thier feet to the fire....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=Big Stick]Have heard about Slums...just never seen one.

Thanks!

Bless your heart..................[/quote

Forgive me for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to split my time between a place where every consumer product needs to come in the mail, or the frozen skid mark known as the north slope, or the shantytown production platforms in the cook inlet. Given those parameters, if a person was looking for a slum he simply need open his eyes or flip on the fuggin light....laffin'

You get what you pay for and your expectations...simply exceed your donations.

Bless your heart.

Hint.............

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

534 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 1,893 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.