Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Dunleavy declares war on crime

‘IF YOU’RE A CRIMINAL … I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN’

Gov. Michael Dunleavy gave a big-picture speech as his first State of the State Address on Tuesday night. The theme was that he plans to keep the promises he made in the campaign: No change to the Permanent Fund dividend calculation without a vote of the people, turning the economy around and growing jobs, and having a budget that reflects what actual revenues are.

But most of all, he focused on crime. It was clear there’s a new sheriff in town, and in that section of his speech, he delivered his most powerful lines of the evening:
“To law-abiding Alaskans, I say this to you: I care if your house is burglarized. I care if your car is stolen. And I care if your loved ones are threatened.
“But to the criminals, and to the rapists and molesters who see women and children as nothing more than opportunities, I say this to you: We will do everything in our power to stop you, apprehend you, and put you in prison for a very long time.”

Dunleavy showed compassion for those Alaskans who have gotten mixed up with opioids or other addictive substances and want help.
“We are a compassionate people as well. Therefore, as part of our public safety approach we will provide ways for you to break this habit and get back into society and be productive individuals.”

But let me be perfectly clear. If you are a criminal, this is going to be a very dangerous place for you, starting now. I strongly suggest you get out while you can. No more coddling, no more excuses. Your days are over. – Gov. Michael Dunleavy

Dunleavy went on to reiterate his pledge to repeal and replace SB 91, the criminal justice reform bill that is widely blamed for the increase in crime across Alaska.
With SB 91, we broke the People’s trust and now is the time to restore it. By doing the right things, we can fix what is broken and restore the trust that was lost.

http://mustreadalaska.com/state-of-the-state-dunleavy-focuses-on-trust-budget-pfds-and-crime

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I would also suggest a ticket to California for the "homeless". Or most of them.

Liberal California wants them, we don't, and it's warmer down there. No more freezing to death in the winter, poop everywhere, etc. up here.

I suppose that might be "kidnapping" tho. darn.

Last edited by las; 01/22/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Time will tell what his successes are of course.

I hope he's right and wish him well...for all our sakes.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

What's up with your representive from down in Kenai ? That guy is screwing everything up

Last edited by 79S; 01/22/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good question.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by ironbender

What's up with your representive from down in Kenai ? That guy is screwing everything up

The guys a azzrino....of the worst kind...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.