Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pretty much.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Of course the NRA would be better represented by a disgruntled guy with a gray beard and a ball cap bitching about what the NRA isn't. Imperfect as the NRA is, you will never please everyone no matter what your platform. NRA is only for "Fudds" High profile sportsman and lobbyists. I guess I will continue to support the NRA because I don't know that his guy is, or has all the "answers"...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More BS.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I support the NRA however I feel they don't do a good job supporting gun rights. They are lobbyist and lobbyist want to make money. I get it. But at the same time we are paying them to fight for us. With that said their fight is pretty weak.

I think that guy in the video is queerer then a three dollar bill. But his message isn't far off. Specially about the board, and those really in control.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think a lot of these "hit pieces" are done by the anti-gun lobby.......they are the ones that want the NRA to go away more than anybody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a lot of miss information on the news channels and the internet.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Yankee Marshmellow is A LIFELONG DEMOCRAT who has NEVER had a private sector job.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
People b!tch about the NRA. If it weren’t for the NRA, we wouldn’t have guns now. Yes they lobby, they send out a huge amount of mail, but they play the game for gun owners.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've had complaints about the NRA over the years, but if the NRA had not done what it has we would have very strict gun control, something like Australia or worse.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My question is why a few people are trying to get gun owners to abandon the NRA. Is it to weaken its effectiveness in Congress so more gun rights can be taken away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

Best post so far this year. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I support the NRA however I feel they don't do a good job supporting gun rights. They are lobbyist and lobbyist want to make money. I get it. But at the same time we are paying them to fight for us. With that said their fight is pretty weak.

I think that guy in the video is queerer then a three dollar bill. But his message isn't far off. Specially about the board, and those really in control.

Was it Andrew Jackson who said ‘rotation in office is a good thing ‘ ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

This. I was thinking the same thing!

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

F'ing A!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
My question is why a few people are trying to get gun owners to abandon the NRA. Is it to weaken its effectiveness in Congress so more gun rights can be taken away?
No, I have abandoned the NRA because they (the LaPierre cabal) concentrate on fundraising first and legislating second, when lawsuits and court action should be primary. The reason they concentrate on legislation is because favorable court rulings would lessen the crisis and donations would dry up. The NRA inaction in the Heller and McDonald cases finished any support I had for the organization. I'm a life member, but they don't need to send me any more mail. Every time they call I tell them "call back when LaPierre is gone".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
My question is why a few people are trying to get gun owners to abandon the NRA.

In 2016 the NRA took in $433.9 million in revenue with only 5 million members. I would say that is the number one reason. Bloomberg by dropping 50 million, most likely could break any other gun rights group trying to fight him. Not so much the NRA. 2016 the NRA spent 30 million backing Trump alone.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you don't support the NRA, then who do you support. Gun control. The NRA has its problems, but where would we be without it? Use your Damn head for something other than hats. I will support the NRA.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Trump support was good. Second Amendment favorable judges are important, he appoints those. Second amendment favorable Senators are important, they confirm good judges. I'm for that kind of support and the publishing of politicians stand on gun rights. But the fight needs to concentrate on supporting lawsuits against unconstitutional restrictions attempted by local, state, and federal entities. Without supreme court precedent which we can get now and may not get later we are fighting a lost cause. Gun ownership rights do not have majority support of the U.S. population.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 64 invisible), 3,140 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.