Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Manner’s new MCS-UC is an ultralight carbon fiber mountain/lightweight rifle stock. It’s svelte, elegant, and straight up sexy. It combines a thin wrist, reminiscent of a 1960’s Sako Vixen, with 22 lpi checkering and super classic comb and contour blend profiles. One’s immediately struck by the stock’s scale and massing. If Gary Goudy worked in carbon fiber, it would look like this.

The Ultra Classic is only available inletted for SA 700 footprints. Individual stocks are specified to weigh in at 17.5 - 18.5oz. One sample I handled this morning was a near weightless 16.9 lbs. Barrel channels can accommodate up to a Bartlein 2b contour. Bottom metal inlets include typical ADL, BDL and up to M5 DBM cuts. Manners only offers the Ultra Classic furnished with one front and one rear sling swivel stud.

Finish options are limited to clear coat, speckled, or bare. The speckled stocks were my personal favorite. An interesting effect involves the speckling’s hue being reflected in the carbon fiber strands. It’s very cool—lending a dynamic tint cast by light conditions. Functionally, the lightly speckled, but uncoated carbon fiber has a soft grippy-ness. I didn’t want to put it down. When I did, I kept picking it back up.

I immediately ordered two.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This one has Mack Brothers’ Evo titanium action fitted with a Bartlein 2b in it.

[Linked Image]

More on this action later!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks you. Keep em coming!
What was the estimated wait time?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Matt said they have a few extras made. Call tomorrow and order one before they’re gone.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
👍

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Purty open grip.

Looks McMillan Rem Sporterish...which is their worst..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+ Speckle option..;
I would tire of the racey look reg.carbon version, see it enough in cars, bicycles,models, knives, fish'n gear, etc [yawn]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Look similar to McMillan Sako classic, which I am a fan of for general purpose rig. Should be nice, hope they eventually inlet for tikkas

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
@OP - If you happen back past their booth, would appreciate if you could inquire regarding future plans for Left Hand UC? I've pinged them via their website, and over on SH. However, no response, as yet. Assuming they are busy at the show...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
Look similar to McMillan Sako classic, which I am a fan of for general purpose rig. Should be nice, hope they eventually inlet for tikkas

Not even close.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Stumpy is pissed off they don't come in Krylon colors. He sure has been on the couch a lot pounding his keyboard. Get off the couch you K-hunt. grin

They look fantastic BTW and they are well engineered

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He hath no manners

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've a few stocks.

Hint.............

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Kingston one upped him . Little bitch is pouting

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must.

Should something pique my curiosity,I simply procure same and extrapolate in kind,with wares of the ilk.

That handle ain't got the mustard.

Hint...................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must.

Should something pique my curiosity,I simply procure same and extrapolate in kind,with wares of the ilk.

That handle ain't got the mustard.

Hint...................

Manners will probably sell a number of them because of, rather than in spite of, the open grip.

In contrast I'm a 700 Classic man, that grip suits me right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sako Classic here(amongst others)...not that anyone could pick it out. prolly a 700 Classic too.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Laughing!............

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Grip position wise these competition like grips and “semi-auto” like grips that are very close, vertical in orientation, and have a thumb shelf on the right kind of bother me a bit.

They call them tatical, but if you carry a rifle you thumb sure the heck isn’t on the finger side of the rifle so for carry tactical an open grip isn’t bad, it’s good.

Good provided you were taught to work a bolt by moving hand behind the bolt to use your palm to run the. Bolt forward, and rotate you hand so you can work it back, that motion requires you to get your thumb out from behind /under the stock after the shot, which is almost impossible with these new squirrels tactical stocks that only work if you are laying down.

Meaning a Sako classic lets you do that (run the bolt the old fashion way) really well - I have a couple three Mc’s myself.

smile

I decided on a Manners T5A thumbhole for my PRS build. It’s got a perfectly fitting grip that I can get around fast, some of the bigger palm swell ones don’t allow me to do that.
It also has a nice beavertail style forearm.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 01/23/19.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What is the approximate price?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough to whoop a Rem Classic,for Utility...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,214
Posts18,466,291
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.