E
No issues this year or any prior.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tansun
You come here to cry?

Wow tough crowd this morning, anybody have a tissue I can borrow?
First time I have gotten the shot in 7 to 10 years, never gotten sick before. I tend not to hang around sick people.

It's the 'fire, did you expect anything less than a tough crowd? grin

Now, you don't hang around sick folks, but do the people you hang around with hang around with other people who hang around sick people?

I get a flu shot every year, for years now. Sometimes my arm hurts a bit. But I've not had a real case of the flu since starting on the shot.

As for those who know someone who got sick from the shot, or had side effects, one might consider the "odds" of such occurrences vs the odds of getting the flu, along with the age and possible effects of the flu at that age. Old folks die from it.....................even given the state of medical care today.

I'll stick with a shot every year.................next fall y'all will be payin' for mine, too, as I'll be on the Medicare then.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only had the flu once at age 45.... And never got a flu shot until age 65. My doctor talked me into it at age 65 and I get one annually and I'm now 68. From what I've heard the flu can be even worse for old farts so now I play it safe. The one time I had the flu was pretty bad at age 45. Everyone I know in my age bracket gets the shot now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I heard the CDC didn't guess the right recipe in 2017 and while I got my first ever flu shot that year, a week later something jumped into me for about five weeks and it canceled my first deer season in 50 years. This year I got another shot, but I sure waited until after the deer season. My MD sister says that they use a dead virus to make those flu shots, but it wasn't like I was hanging out with sick folks and it was too much of a coincidence for skeptical me to not think that a live virus snuck into my flu shot batch. If I had a milder case of what ever that was, I surely never want the normal one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Happy number 76 Victoro. My brother in law is 66 today.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Haven't had a flu shot since leaving the Navy when it was mandatory
That was a Looong time ago--- been fine.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Flue shot every year, the old folks double dose if available... wasn't this year when I got mine. Others are the Pneumonia and Whooping-Cough vaccines which I believe are every 5 years. Have been pretty healthy and very seldom get sick, but came down with that Whooping-Cough I think it was in 2008 and never want to go through that again... and a person damn sure doesn't want their kids exposed to it!

Phil

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thats how theyll trick you into taking the Mark in the end of days. I eat dirt, never sick.

NRA Life Member

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Haven't had a flu shot since leaving the Navy when it was mandatory
That was a Looong time ago--- been fine.
Ditto... But I don't recall a flu shot when in the USN.. But there were so many shots that I'm sure I must have missed it.. laugh

Neither me or my sister (7 years older than I) get flu shots.. ..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MILES58
I have had a flu shot annually since 1965 but for maybe a year or two. My arm doesn't get sore any ore. I do not get any symptoms anymore. I have had the flu once during that period. I think the numbers for last year are something like 80,000 killed by the flu.

Not getting a flu shot is dumb. Peeing down you leg about it hurts is dumber.

Never, ever had a vaccination of any kind in my life.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've never had a flu shot and never will. I'm also on zero medications of any kind.

Eat right, exercise and wash yer friggen hands once in awhile gents. Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm of the opinion that I'll get the shot every year. Heart condition, diabetes, and in physical contact with folks every day. (I'm an optician). A couple times I've had a bit of a sore shoulder after getting the shot, but that's about it. Not even enough to be an annoyance.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I've never had a flu shot and never will. I'm also on zero medications of any kind.

Eat right, exercise and wash yer friggen hands once in awhile gents. Lol

I figured you for the type to be living in a cave with D.B. Cooper

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pdXammo
Thats how theyll trick you into taking the Mark in the end of days. I eat dirt, never sick.

TFF

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never had a flu shot, never had the flu, but I’m getting older.

I have always had a flu shot since I can remember , I think in all my life I have had the flu one time and it didn't last long.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've had the flu twice in my life. Once as a teenager, back before the flu shot was prevalent. Once when I was in my 30s when the company I was working for decided to send a nurse around to give flu shots to anyone that wanted them. I know, the shot didn't give me the flu, but I haven't had more than a cold the last 25 years that I haven't had a flu shot.

Possible reasons could be, I tend to eat out less during flu season, so there is no underpaid kitchen help coughing into my food. I avoid large gatherings, which is easy as I tend to be anti-social anyway. I also use to smoke enough to kill any germs that got into my mouth/nose, but now that I have quit smoking, I may have the worst case of flu ever! eek

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Got sick from the flu shot then got the stomach flu. Next year will be a pass for me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
More danger in eating crap food at low grade restaurants/fast food places then any flu shot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.