-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never shot a ".223" in my life. What am I missing? Wait, that's the wrong word.........Don't hardly ever miss anymore.

Did wear out a new barrel on a -16 years ago, so maybe I sorta did, before it became quite the rage? I dunno. Takes something around 30-40K rounds to erase the rifling from the first half of the barrel near as I can determine. Maybe a bit more than that...lost track of the times I went thru 500-600 rounds on a mission. Recon by fire is fun chitt.

Left my love for the 5.56 in Saigon.............

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
No, I don't.
If I had one, I'd use my Hornady gauge on it to see how it's throated.

I tried them at 2.25" OAL in my last Service barrel. It didn't shoot very well, but then I tossed that barrel at less than 1,200 rounds so it was pretty much The Suck anyway.

I just jammed them in a Krieger and that shot pretty good, but I want to shoot them from a mag.

Dangle some pics of your Imaginary Wares and cite some "particulars",I promise it will be funnier than fhuqk. Dare ya'.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 14Homer
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Gloating, demeaning, and disrespectful. Who cares if he knows his sh*t?

Hint- conceit is not an attribute.

Fug Stik doesn't shoot anything but prone with a bipod or a rest. He doesn't know what he doesn't know. He couldn't win a club match except maybe if it was belly flop benchrest.

Funniest comment I've seen in quite a while. You do realize club matches aren't hunting? And, if you've been paying attention a lot of the country where Stick hunts evidenced by his pictures aren't exactly prone or bipod country. I'm thinking most of the guys on this forum use a bipod or rest every chance they get...

But of course, you club match guys are "special".... LOL

Bob

I think that people that shoot in matches do better than the average person. A lot of people who shoot in matches might shoot 2 to 4 thousand rounds every year. And I am talking centerfire, not rimfire. Shoot more than once or twice a week. Dry fire every day when they don't shoot. A lot of times a person who only shoots 3 rounds a year to see if their rifle is still sighted in can't shoot as well as a person shooting in matches.

I'd pay to see a video of you,trying to pour water into your own glass. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've shot 'em in over a dozen High Zoot rifles and they sucked start to finish. The farther you go,the more they suck and it ain't RPM.

Hint...................

It’s not the twist.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mentioned
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've shot 'em in over a dozen High Zoot rifles and they sucked start to finish. The farther you go,the more they suck and it ain't RPM.

Hint...................

It’s not the twist.

No need to reiterate,what I plainly stated.

But you do suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.....................

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was translating the jibberish. The ass sucking is taking place in the thread about asparagus.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cite any/all words that are "too big" for you,or "too Technical" for you. Hint.

It WILL be fhuqking funny.

Congratulations?!?....................

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was translating the jibberish. The ass sucking is taking place in the thread about asparagus.

Thanks, but I wasn't thinking twist was the issue. If I gave that impression to anyone I apologize as it wasn't my intention.

To Pharmseller: my thoughts are that the .224 70 grain RDFs simply are not consistent in their design, metallurgy or uniformity and thus, their accuracy goes to hell past X yards. That's just my initial observation though. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are yet another Nuzzler Goat Fhuqk.

Nothing more and certainly nothing less.................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Thanks, but I wasn't thinking twist was the issue. If I gave that impression to anyone I apologize as it wasn't my intention.

To Pharmseller: my thoughts are that the .224 70 grain RDFs simply are not consistent in their design, metallurgy or uniformity and thus, their accuracy goes to hell past X yards. That's just my initial observation though. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it.

I hope not. I’ll find out when the weather gets better.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shaking my head and laughing!

Bless your heart.

Wow...................

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
But will those RDFs stabilize at 400+ yards and keep that level of accuracy even with that 8 twist?

My limited experience with the RDFs says "no". Try them out though. I may be suprised.

Help me understand your point. 70 grain in a 1-8” is right about smack in the middle of perfect for a 1-8”.

P

That may very well be. What I am saying is that when I was trying the 70 grain RDFs out of a 1/8, they would group just fine at 100 yards like many other bullets. Stretch the range out to 4-500 hundred yards and the RDF's groups would open up considerably where other bullets wouldn't. The 62 TSX, old 75 AMAX and even the dreaded 69 Sierra would stay under MOA but the RDFs wouldn't.

I presume that means they destabilized out at that distance, where the other bullets were not. Maybe I had a bad lot or was doing something wrong. Maybe the RDFs just need more speed than the others. I dunno. If I was only shooting to 100 or so yards, they they'd be just fine I guess but I get bored doing that.

Bullets get more stable as they travel downrange, out to trans-sonic range at least, not less stable.

Gotcha. I didn't know that.

For whatever reason, the RDFs I played with really opened up at a few hundred yards. If stabilization as they slowed down wasn't the problem, do you have a guess as to what was? I am assuming they were still transsonic at 400 yards, but that's just speculation on my part.

I'm guessing it was because of poor internal concentricity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
An RDF would rattle a Juenke offa fhuqking cliff,from a mile away.

Hint.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many have you spun on a Juenke?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spun 'em in over a dozen barrels and the correlation,is a constant.

Be sure to start a Thread,when you see your first one.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
The 223 is to the 22-250 or 220 swift iswhat the 6.5 Creedmoor is to the 6.5-284 or the 264 win mag. Does not do anything as good but for some reason people like it. To each their own. Ed k

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For one....Uncle guns a 223 and that sways logistics like no other. They're twisted a whole bunch righter too.

Never been difficult to cypher,who shoots and who don't. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 3,008 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,697
Posts18,456,685
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.