Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1lessdog

I would build something easy to reload for like a 20 Practical or 17-223. I have them both and your eye doesnt even come out of the scope when shooting. So you see all your hits. They have Blackhole barrels and really shoot good.

Something to think about

What makes something "difficult" to reload for?

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
ARIC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqk...posted the RINK,on the wrong Thread(PSA Thread instead). Ooopsie! My bad.

Try this:

PSA 22LR Upper RINK

May scratch an itch.

Hint..............

What mags are you running?

Black Dog 15-rounders.

Smallest footprint,with greatest capacity..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Looking at .30 Remington AR. What's wrong with it?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

If I saw one and the price was right, I'd buy it. It's a good cartridge with about 10gr more H2O capacity than a 7.62x39. But building one seems to be fraught with complications. I'd never build one because 6.8 and even 7.62x40 is soooo much easier.

Have fun reading this - https://www.msrhunt.com/?forum=349773

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Don't be in a hurry,to make a bad decision.

What is the application?

Start with Reality and work from there.

Hint................

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone

If I saw one and the price was right, I'd buy it. It's a good cartridge with about 10gr more H2O capacity than a 7.62x39. But building one seems to be fraught with complications. I'd never build one because 6.8 and even 7.62x40 is soooo much easier.

Have fun reading this - https://www.msrhunt.com/?forum=349773

Dangle some pics of your Phantom Wares...it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Plagiarism Princess "strikes" again.

Bless your heart.

Hint..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here you go. It's the only gun I have. Notice that it lacks a bipod.

Hint.

LOL!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hardly a "gun". Sorry to hear of your Palsy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Laughing!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My "palsy" has so limited me, that I've been limited to this:

[Linked Image]

Maybe I should use training wheels like you.

Hint. Congratulations?!?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Tyrone
My "palsy" has so limited me, that I've been limited to this:

[Linked Image]

Maybe I should use training wheels like you.

Hint. Congratulations?!?

WOW!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That ain't a gun either. Sorry to hear of the Palsy. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What sort of training wheels help with your palsy?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Does every thread going to be ruined with needless bickering ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's troubled with what a "gun" is...likely due her Palsy. Poor gal. Hint.

Bless her heart for TRYING.

Laughing!................

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Don't be in a hurry,to make a bad decision.

What is the application?

Start with Reality and work from there.

Hint................

Definitely do not want to make a regrettable mistake and I appreciate any responses giving me something to consider.

I do have a couple of 6.5 Grendel barrels on hand, but I'm just not looking to own two more Grendels. As mentioned earlier, my pair of hunting ARs are a 5.56 and 6.5G and I'm thinking I may make up another like pair and use my night vision & thermal on the two 5.56s and conventional optics on the pair of Grendels for daylight use. I don't need two of each but it would be nice to be able to outfit a companion on a hog hunt. Hogs would be the application in any case.

The more I look around the more I am seeing stuff I've never heard of, some of it pretty impressive. The .30 AR looks pretty good on paper, but brass may get pretty rare. It's available, but I have no idea how long that will be the case. I don't mind doing a little bit of work to convert brass but I want to avoid things that could become really time consuming.

I ran across the 6.5 Timberwolf, and that one looks like a Grendel killer from where I sit. Another one from the same outfit is the .30 Sabercat, and it looks pretty impressive on paper also---considering the limitations of the AR15 platform. I've found some commentary on the Timberwolf and need to read through it. I do not want to discover pitfalls that others have discovered already.

Bottom line is, I'm going to assemble a couple more ARs and I'd like to do something different...maybe something that gets more out of the platform than the 7.62x39, 5.56, 6.5G, and the 6.8 SPC. Of those, I think the 6.5 Grendel offers the most potential performance but I like to try out new stuff now and then. There's an awful lot out there these days if you get to lookin around.

Stick, weren't you fiddling with a 6mm Grendel a while back?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm having fun with an AR-15 .450bushmaster. Recoil is nothing to worry about, about the same as a 20ga. Shotgun.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
I'm having fun with an AR-15 .450bushmaster. Recoil is nothing to worry about, about the same as a 20ga. Shotgun.

Kill anything with it? I guess I really shouldn't count that one and the .458 SOCOM, but I have to confess I'm somewhat a velocity whore. I'd imagine the trajectories with the applicable bullets would limit killing range quite a bit. What you could hit would go down, though, no doubt!

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

Kill anything with it? I guess I really shouldn't count that one and the .458 SOCOM, but I have to confess I'm somewhat a velocity whore. I'd imagine the trajectories with the applicable bullets would limit killing range quite a bit. What you could hit would go down, though, no doubt!

It leaves a hole big enough for my finger. wink and yes, I took my first whitetail with it this past hunting trip. It is designed as a 300yd accurate ammo. It is legal for any place (like here) that requires a straight wall cartridge and .357-.50 cal. It is designed as a short range rifle. It will kill anything in North America. wink (two legged or four legged)

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13288005/fence-post-pic#Post13288005

Edit: it uses the same magazines as the .223, just a different follower. Single stack.

Last edited by kellory; 01/23/19.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you like velocity 223 wssm is faster than anything else I know of but DTech would be the only choice on that one.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Does every thread going to be ruined with needless bickering ?

Only the one's where Big Stick participates.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
466 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.