Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Revenue generated per member: The NRA averages to about $87 per member.
Gun Owners of America averages to about $1.43 per member.
GOA are great patriots, Taking in 2.5 mill a year isn't going to cut it fighting gun control groups on their own.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
NRA, I'm a life member and still contribute from time to time.
They have been around a long, long time and know how to
fight and how to lay low. My belief is without them we, the
gun owners, would be in over our heads. Yes, the word used
above "unity" is certainly meaningful.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What the hell is a FUDD?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liken the NRA to Unions. They did a heck of a job and were good for us for several years. Not so much now. They are not fighting for "shall not be infringed". They should be fighting tooth and nail for any infringement ie bump stocks and red flag laws. Yet, they are not. So tell me, what did the NRA do with the other 403 million in 2016? That's spending over a million a day.

I joined the NRA in 1979 and was a member until last year. I gladly sent them thousands of dollars. They were backing us and fighting for us. Now, they have gone back to their roots where they are helping the government by rolling over and doing nothing. I miss my old NRA.

Jim

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel

It is rants like this that give strength to the anti gun people. The 2 most important ingredients in holding on to the freedoms we have in this country are truth and unity. The Democrats have unity but no truth. Conservatives have truth but no unity. It is obvious that if you only have one ingredient, unity is more powerful.

It is time conservatives realize this and become unified, because both truth and unity will destroy liberalism...

So well said...

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The NRA has supported every major federal gun legislation now in existence. Pro-2nd? Laughable. The problem with you guys is that you are idiots. Enough said.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim,

Not sure but it may be referring to sportsman hunters and shooters. Just like Elmer. smile

Jim

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeezus....you been on a tare lately HuntanShoot.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 01/23/19.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Jim,

Not sure but it may be referring to sportsman hunters and shooters. Just like Elmer. smile

Jim

I hear the term from time to time. Figured it was derogatory!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The NRA wants us to believe they are the 1000 pound gorilla and that they are the reason we still have any guns at all........but, ask yourself, if they really are that powerful, why don't we have nationwide concealed carry reciprocity and the hearing protection act??

The republicans have controlled the house, senate and the oval office for 2 years and couldn't pass the hearing protection act and the nationwide concealed carry??

Instead of fighting for gun rights and gun owners, LaPierre and Cox supported the bump stock ban and red flags laws.......they didn't just surrender without a fight, they supplied the enemy with ammunition to use against us!!!

I have been a member for decades, I am an NRA certified instructor and have recruited for the NRA in the past.......but I'm done with them until LaPierre and Cox are gone......under current leadership, the NRA isn't the 1000 pound gorilla, it's a paper tiger.

Cancer Sucks
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The NRA has supported every major federal gun legislation now in existence. Pro-2nd? Laughable. The problem with you guys is that you are idiots. Enough said.

You are the reason I belong to the NRA. It is fools like you that we are in the position we are in. and belonging to the NRA is the only chanch we have of fighting you AZZ hat.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
So, just to clarify.....

We have the best gun rights in the world because of luck and the kindness of the Politicians hearts?

I find that hard to believe.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

You’re a democrap, right?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by WayneShaw

You’re a democrap, right?

No, I just have a higher IQ than you, by several standard deviations. I can interpret facts and logic, while you cannot.

I suppose you'd also argue: "Yeah he beats my daughter and keeps hitting us up for money, but who else is she gonna find to marry her?"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
My question is why a few people are trying to get gun owners to abandon the NRA. Is it to weaken its effectiveness in Congress so more gun rights can be taken away?
No, I have abandoned the NRA because they (the LaPierre cabal) concentrate on fundraising first and legislating second, when lawsuits and court action should be primary. The reason they concentrate on legislation is because favorable court rulings would lessen the crisis and donations would dry up. The NRA inaction in the Heller and McDonald cases finished any support I had for the organization. I'm a life member, but they don't need to send me any more mail. Every time they call I tell them "call back when LaPierre is gone".

You are short-sighted and cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It takes a real money to keep an organization like that running. Pat85 said they took in $434 million in one year from just 5 million members. Do you realize that is less than $100 per member from all sources?

They have paid employees in every state. What do you think that costs? They spend how much on election advertising? What does it cost to produce and mail what must come to about 40 or 50 million magazines each year? What is the cost of operating the museum? Small minds ae overwhelmed by large numbers, you know.

Yes they don't always approach things the same way other organizations do. But the differences are well-considered based on how they appraise the battlefield. What did we win Heller by, one vote? NRA was afraid of the consequences if it went the other way. They use the courts when they see fit but they cautiously avoid cases with scary odds that could result in bad precedent that would be incredibly difficult to overcome.

Did they 'cave' on bump stocks or did they make a strategic withdrawal? Our president needed some cover. It was impossible to communicate the fine points of the good arguments against that action, especially with the MSM operating in lock step to drown out and overthrow the president. So we "caved" and let the BATF write some regulations with no basis in law that are highly likely to be tossed out by the courts - a strategic move.

Attacking the NRA right now is like deciding to re-caulk your lifeboat while you're floating in it. Get off your high horse and send them $100 dollars today. The paltry sum you paid for your life membership was spent years ago.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hubert

You are the reason I belong to the NRA. It is fools like you that we are in the position we are in. and belonging to the NRA is the only chanch we have of fighting you AZZ hat.

It is fools like you who imagine that a group that makes its money from pushing fear cares about you, or your "rights". It is fools like you who imagine that you can hire some group to do something that it is your responsibility to do. YOU are in charge of your rights. I'll repeat that: YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR RIGHTS. Not a "government", YOU. Not a lobbying group, YOU. It is fools like you who never understood this, and so you don't actually have any rights; you have privileges granted you by your betters as you beg on your knees and hand over your resources.

The NRA has profited for a long time while peddling away your rights piecemeal. Keep believing. They love you for it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have been a member for over 60 years, that said, I feel there needs to be a shake up or reorganization in it. I paid my membership two months ago. Since that time I have received three letters, two phone calls and two emails saying I need to renew my membership. Waste of time and money. I will continue to support them but as said by some, I feel a change in leadership should be looked at to better support us. I also belong to the CA. Rifle and Pistol Assn. which I feel does a better job for us here as far as firearms and hunting than the NRA.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by DLSguide
If you don't support the NRA, then who do you support. Gun control. The NRA has its problems, but where would we be without it? Use your Damn head for something other than hats. I will support the NRA.

I support myself. I'm not fond of welfare, ie free handouts. If it isn't important enough for me to defend or keep, then why would I give someone money to do it for me. That falls very close to bribery and there is always someone else who will come along with a bigger bribe payment.

People b!tch about the NRA. If it weren’t for the NRA, we wouldn’t have guns now.

I wouldn't want to be the one to try and prove that as factual. shocked

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
The Trump support was good. Second Amendment favorable judges are important, he appoints those. Second amendment favorable Senators are important, they confirm good judges. I'm for that kind of support and the publishing of politicians stand on gun rights. But the fight needs to concentrate on supporting lawsuits against unconstitutional restrictions attempted by local, state, and federal entities. Without supreme court precedent which we can get now and may not get later we are fighting a lost cause. Gun ownership rights do not have majority support of the U.S. population.

You got that right!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have the NRA compromised on some issues? Yes. Some things aren't worth fighting against.

Can they conceivably start court fights against every single attempted infringement that comes up? No. There isn't enough money to do that.

Now tell me this: If you "all or nothing" people don't get "all" what do you get? That's right.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

358 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,336
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.