For Immediate Release

NWTF and Partners Host Press Conference Encouraging Increased Corporate Involvement in R3 Efforts

For more information, contact Pete Muller at (803) 637-7698.

LAS VEGAS — The National Wild Turkey Federation hosted a press conference during SHOT Show 2019 to bolster involvement from outdoor industry heavyweights in hunting and shooting sports recruitment efforts.

NWTF CEO Becky Humphries introduced Mossy Oak CEO and Founder Toxey Haas and TriStar President Gus Bader, both of whom gave riveting accounts of why others should join in fighting the decline in hunter numbers.

“Conservation is so important, but we cannot do it by ourselves,” Haas said. “But what we can do is invest in organizations like the NWTF. Do it if not from the bottom of your heart, [then] for what is important to your bottom line. You should do it; and do it big time. No matter what we [Mossy Oak] do, it is all relevant to what we are about – connecting human beings to nature.”

“I cannot do much with the dollars I put forth on my own, but here [with NWTF] those funds double, triple and quadruple,” Bader said. “The more people we bring into the fold to do the same thing, the greater the results will be. We have to do it; I don’t think we have a choice from both a business and personal standpoint.”

The NWTF has found success in hunter recruitment, retention and reactivation programing, in part due to the efforts of dedicated partners like Mossy Oak, TriStar, YETI and ALPS OutdoorZ.

Through the first six years of the NWTF’s Save the Habitat. Save the Hunt. initiative goals aimed at the combating the decline in hunting, the NWTF has recruited 1.27 million hunters toward a goal of 1.5 million hunters and also opened hunting access to nearly 560,000 acres, surpassing its goal of 500,000 new acres for hunting.

“We welcome more industry companies to connect with us,” Humphries said. “We are more than happy to find that niche to help you become part of the R3 movement.”

About the National Wild Turkey Federation
When the National Wild Turkey Federation was founded in 1973, there were about 1.3 million wild turkeys in North America. After decades of work, that number hit a historic high of almost 7 million turkeys. To succeed, the NWTF stood behind science-based conservation and hunters' rights. Today, the NWTF is focused on the future of hunting and conservation through its Save the Habitat. Save the Hunt. initiative – a charge that mobilizes science, fundraising and devoted volunteers to conserve or enhance more than 4 million acres of essential wildlife habitat, recruit at least 1.5 million hunters and open access to 500,000 acres for hunting. For more information, visit NWTF.org.

National Wild Turkey Federation
770 Augusta Rd., Edgefield, SC, 29824