-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He learned a few things and cut some checks.

Hint..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Rumor has it that Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is one of Stumpy's love childs.. after a weekend bender....

They both seem to be of the same place mentally....that and you can see the family resemblance in the eyes...

Ya gotta wish him well, to think he has a daughter that has made it all the way to the US Congress...

how many other campfire members can say that?

just today she was talking about WW 2 is going to start and destroy the planet in less than 12 years...

Girl is a national brain trust and chip off the old que ball like her dad....

Congrats Stumpy.. the campfire is proud of ya.... and your daughter...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your perpetual Man Lust Fantasies are telling. Hint. Congratulations?!?

On the average,how many times a day do you think about me? Now not on one of your "Special" days,just an average one?

Bless your heart...there's no slighting your taste in men.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Shefire,

BlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblah
BlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblah

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Thanks Stimpy... I'll take that on advisement....coming from you, that level of BlahblahblahBlahblahblah
BlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblahBlahblahblah means a lot.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must.

Hint.

Congratulations?!?...................

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Stumpy... I knew I could count on you to give me advice.....

ya know for a short guy operating on two brain cells... you can surely cut and paste a response from
years of the your lab coming up with them for ya... Give the old boy a scratch between the ears for me...

and you go have another beer.... and scratch your nuts for a while...

I'm sure it is some of the simple pleasures you now enjoy since its winter.... in Ft Lauderdale Alaska

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you to all who gave me positive feedback.
Any additional comments both pro / con are also appreciated .
Semper Fi,
Soup

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Seafire
Sempre Fi....

That indicate you are a Marine? Weight shouldn't be an issue to a Marine unless you are
up in years, or have a handicap nowadays....

I was just an Army Guy... and in my mid 60s... but I wouldn't feel handicapped carrying the rifle
you described....

but then a good sling would also appeal to me... like Kenlguy posted of..

Congrats on deciphering the code that Soup is a Marine .Now you can continue derailing his thread by playing patty cakes with Stick lol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Heavy metal...7" and 8" 243 Win's.............

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 28lx

Originally Posted by Seafire
Sempre Fi....

That indicate you are a Marine? Weight shouldn't be an issue to a Marine unless you are
up in years, or have a handicap nowadays....

I was just an Army Guy... and in my mid 60s... but I wouldn't feel handicapped carrying the rifle
you described....

but then a good sling would also appeal to me... like Kenlguy posted of..

Congrats on deciphering the code that Soup is a Marine .Now you can continue derailing his thread by playing patty cakes with Stick lol.

Valid Point.... Apologies to anyone who feels they need it.

I'm sure SOUP, can cope by ignoring what he doesn't feel contributes to his question.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough to whoop the 224 and 243 Grendels.

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
TTT

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Soup, now that you described your rifle in more detail, I think my initial comment still stands - that it sounds like you have a sweet shooter, but maybe a bit more specialized for precision than I (and probably a lot of other hunters) would want. A lighter rifle with a thinner barrel profile and slimmer handguard (along with other changes) might fit you better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Soup, Coyote hunting isn't like whitetail still hunting. if you can hump your rifle from setup to setup put a bipod on and pretend its a m60 on a pintle mount!
we are of the same age and i find i'm lightening my carry guns. yous sounds like medicine for reaching out to shy dogs.
i am going out this weekend and my savage 10 in its current stock pushes 10 lbs.
key is finding a youngster that wants to hunt with you and getting him/her to pack it for you grin

ps OT. pray that Big Stick finds his sanity. clearly missing.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
AR `s are great coyote rifles for callin critters,i now use a AR-10 243 win. with a 24 inch barrel,nightforce scope and Nosler partition bullets to save on the hides. good luck,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Soup
TTT

Soup, I took this picture for ya today of one of my hunting ARs to give you an idea of a more streamlined and portable AR if you want to go that direction. This one's nothing special (and I don't even like the scope, so ignore that part) but is nice to carry in the woods for a few reasons:
- that stainless 20" barrel is a light profile perfect for hunting where you'll only fire a few shots at a time.
- 15" handguard that is free float but very slim so it's easier to carry & hold, more like a traditional hunting rifle size. Note the short rail section at the end for a QD bipod mount if desired.
- the side charge handle is reciprocating, and makes it easier to quietly close the bolt on a loaded round
- light weight stock and light forged receivers and barrel profile bring this one in at less than 7.5 lb as pictured with an empty mag. Add 5-10 rounds and it's at 7.5 lb even.

The sling is missing at the moment, but I consider that a necessity for this type of rifle and it normally wears one.

The best part about these is you can build it how you want. You can also paint it camo or have it hydrodipped if you want.

Side note - this one is not a 223, but you can build the same type of setup in a 223 as well. This one is a 30 cal wildcat using the 6.8 SPC case, and the barrel is a re-purposed 30/06 bolt action barrel I re-used for the light profile.

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice looking rig. I see uppers for sale with and without a reciprocating side charge handle. I guess I don't know what the term reciprocating refers to in this case. Can you help?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think it means the knob either stays put at the shot or moves with the bolt.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Reciprocating means that the handle is actually attached to the bolt directly. It means that you can use the handle to slowly close the bolt if desired but yet also push the handle to close the bolt completely.

I think right-side reciprocating handles are the way to go for a hunting gun.
I think left-side (such as shown above) are the way to go on a fighting gun.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Reciprocating means that the handle is actually attached to the bolt directly. It means that you can use the handle to slowly close the bolt if desired but yet also push the handle to close the bolt completely.

I think right-side reciprocating handles are the way to go for a hunting gun.
I think left-side (such as shown above) are the way to go on a fighting gun.

Actually on a reciprocating the handle is attached to the bolt carrier not the bolt, I agree with the rest of your post, I have right and left side charge uppers and much prefer the right side handle for coyote hunting if you are a right handed shooter

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.