Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hound, a small dental procedure like you are up against is nothing to worry about. it took me only 30 years to go back to a dentist after the first one screwed up and forgot to get drunk before he drilled a tooth of mine. seems he broke a bit in that tooth and i had to be flown to Juneau to get ti fixed. Just a couple day wait and a 180 mile flight. Nothin to it. Took me 30 years to go back just to get a cracked tooth that the drunk had filled decades earlier fixed. No problem took 3 trips to get the fangs cleaned but on the up side no cavities. The new quack dentist suggusted i have my wisdom teeth removed.....I need all the wisdom I can get. He said that I "MIGHT" chew on my cheeks and that "COULD" cause cancer when I get older. i am older now and I still do not have cancer. the real kicker came when he said that in order to remove my perfectull good wisdom teeth I would need to go to an oral surgeon and have my jaw broken then wired back together....THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY WISDOM TEETH. You see they are still working I had the wisdom not to have them pulled. I did not go for the quacks recomendation and I avoid dentists unless I am in dire need.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had my wisdom teeth out in the Navy at Whidbey Island. I went in for the consult a week prior and the dentist was a Captain and in his summer whites having just come from a change of command ceremony. Hmmm SEAL pin, Bronze Star with Valor "V", two awards, Purple heart two awards.

"So, Captain why did you become a dentist?"

"Oh, just got tired of creating pain one way thought I'd try another."

He was just joking and had been an enlisted SEAL in VN, gotten out, gone to school with the Navy paying the way. He did a great job with four impacted teeth that they had to break up to get out. No pain and back to solid food in 48 hours.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Remember the movie "the little shop of horrors"? With bill murray as the dental patient who WANTED to have a root canal! laugh probably didn't want to hear that eh... laugh

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an easier situation, my dentist is my fishing partner...if he hurts me he knows I'll bite him....which I have done twice.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
smile OK Utah.

By why no meds? Bad Art? Drug adverse?

Defend the Constitution
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
First of all, I love you guys/gal for taking the time to post all the info/humor/and all the in between stuff!!!

Spent the morning at the dentist, who then sent me on an emergency visit to an oral surgeon. Oh, gawd.....I was pittin' out in fear.....with a swollen face.....and the look of the fear of death on my face.

It's bad. Since the top of the tooth was wacked off....there is now an enormous infection at the root. The tooth is toast and will have to be surgically (sp?) removed. There is another ( both are back teeth...so you can't see the 'ugly' of it all.... so I don't wanna hear any jokes grin )

The dentist took an xray and when he came back in the room he asked me how I was standing and who did my eye lashes this morning cuz I should be freakin' with pain. He managed to make me laugh....painful as it was.

ANYHOOOOO, MY NEW FOUND FEAR.....they have to knock me OUT for the surgery.....I have NEVER been knocked out....and I am so friggin TERRIFIED frown.....absolutely TERRIFIED that I won't wake up!!!

Soooo, the NEW QUESTION.....has ANYONE ever had to be knocked out for a procedure and if so....can you tell me what to expect....EXACTLY what it will be like??? The doc was kind but didn't have time for all my crazy questions.

This is scaring me to death. I have the surgery on Tuesday....to give the infection time to clear up. I am on some MEGA antibiotics....and it should help in a couple days. Opted out of the pain pills....might regret that decision.....cuz this fuggin HURTS, man!!!

Thanks,
HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been knocked out for a dental. I have been for some cutting on my arm. Dizzy as hell for a mite. Ya should have availed yerself of the pain pills young lady. Being able to sleep helps a lot.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Don't worry about it. It's like the best sleep you ever had. When they come to wake you up, you'll be very groggy but no big deal at all. Typically, they hook you up to an IV and slip the stuff in to a "Y" connection when you are not looking. One minute you're totally awake and then next thing you know is you know nothing. I've tried to watch it before and fight it to stay awake: I never saw the plunger in the needle hit bottom. I've never had any after-effects at all except initial groggyness and that passes quickly. No hang-over or wozzy stuff, though some might. Sure beats the alternative if they need to do something evasive or painful.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've been knocked out for several procedures,.. and knocked out by Ronnie Wray because I mistakenly thought I could whup his ass,... but I digress,...

Here's what to expect. They'll give ya a dollup of Versed and Demerol. You'll be thinking, "I wonder how long it will take before?",.......

Then ya wake up all groggy. They send ya home. You take a nice nap for about two hours.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,... I prefer the Versed and Demerol to Ronnie Wray.

Versed and Demerol doesn't leave ya head all lopsided fer 2 days.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nothin to being knocked out if you don't wake up you will never know it. Had heart surgery a couple years ago, that was scarry.
i woke up and now feel pretty good. it was worth the fear to be rid of the pain.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A guy once told me it was horrible,when he came out of it his butt was very sore and the dentist was pulling up his fly...grin

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been out for 3 surgeries 4 wisdom teeth, and a truck accident

When I went in for the jaw surgery, my EX GIRLFRIEND's mother was my anesthesiologist. try swallowing that grin

First 2 times I was smaller and got gassed out, the pther 3 was normal.

No real ill effects although MAN was I thirsty when they woke me back up

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, guys!!

When do they hook you up to monitors and stuff? I hate the BP monitor....freaks me out. They said I'll have something stuck to both sides of my chest....and both sides of my hip area....and I have to wear a button up shirt. I was too embarassed to ask is they were gonna un buttom me to hook the doohickies up.....anyone know? UGH....I hate the idea of NOT knowing what is going on....while I am knocked out. It REALLY freaks the chit out of me!!

HoundGirl

-- Mark Twain

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What I mean...is do they hook you all up first and then give you the drip...or do they knock you out and THEN hook you up??

HoundGirl

-- Mark Twain

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just call and ask about the procedure for anesthesis. I'm pretty sure they're required to tell you everything you want to know beforehand

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calm down your Kahunahoodess. You'll be OK. Just leave the name of the dentist etc with us and we will take retributuion!!GRIN. Relax. You'll do fine. Good general health and youth are great things to have when you undergo minor procedures.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nothing to it!! Don't sweat it at all. You'll get dizzy/light headed and will be out before you can finish your thought. And it'll be over when you coem to. Some side effects, headache, cotton mouth that I recall. Thats about it.

Don't use DVs dentist though.....

Back to the horror parts..... really not though. Wife hates them too. She had a canal done years ago. Dentist broke his bit off. Didn't care or know it etc.... stayed in there for years. She had so many infections etc... pure pain and finally an oral surgeon got the right photo of it, found the bit etc... would redo the canal, crown, etc... .... a number of thousands of dollars and she decided the 25 dollar pull the tooth sounded best. I'd sure like to take that dentist on for her misery, but he died of a massive heart attack shortly after doing her work the botched time...

It'll all be just fine!! Nothing to it at all.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
99...98...97...96...95...And then you wake up a while later.....

Last edited by sgt217; 04/04/07.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You'll be put under a light anesthetic,.... not the kind where they have to hook you up to oxygen and stuff.

It's kinda like chugging a 750ml of Wild Turkey real fast,... but ya don't puke and have a hangover afterwards.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (44mc, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,649 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.