Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It's like the new hot chick in the neighborhood that cant give a blow-job as good as some of the older chicks, but everyone still wants to find out for themselves anyway. smile

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gunner500
It's like the new hot chick in the neighborhood that cant give a blow-job as good as some of the older chicks, but everyone still wants to find out for themselves anyway. smile

You have SUCH a way with words....and analogies... laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Just, dang.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is one of the more prominent shooting matches. Winning the Creedmoor Match is sorta like winning the Masters in golf.

http://www.nrai.ie/creedmoor-history.html

The 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge is named for the match.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm pretty sure that mule deer nailed it

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It's just another excuse for people to "let their freak flag fly", as I've said before, all a man really needs is an 8x57is on a good Mauser 98 action. Everything else is just fluff.

CT

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think someone just moved into gunner's neighborhood!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the popularity comes down to the fact that a great many people are far more recoil sensitive than they will openly admit,
and the fact that the vast majority of deer are killed at well under 300 yards,
making the real lack of the 6.5 creed moor cartridges ability to provide a impressive down range punch on more than paper ,
of little consequence, to the majority of purchasers.
I'm not saying you need a magnum, and a 6.5 creed moor cartridges ability , to kill game at reasonable ranges is well documented.
but marketers are well aware that most game is killed at well under 300 yards, and that most people can,t hit crap past 300 yards.
personally I see the practical advantage of the 6.5 creedmoor over a properly loaded 270 win, in the hands of joe average.... as ZERO,

Last edited by 340mag; 02/01/19.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
One advantage for Joe Average is he'll be burning 10 to 15 grains less powder per shot, with the attendant reduction in recoil/blast. So Joe may find more practice more fun.

From what I've observed a lot of people are over gunned and under practiced.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Frankly, I think it is a case of reinventing the wheel by industry marketeers sprinkling a bit of pixie dust. I’m happy that a cartridge has been invented that replaces all the magnums so we only have to buy one cartridge for everything. Sort of like: If you like it, you can keep your health care plan....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I find the "logic" in a lot of these conversations to be, well, I'll just say interesting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, me too. It's a well-known fact that most really hot chicks suck at blow jobs.

And yes, it was intended.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by mathman

Yes, and a lot of folks burn lots of powder at the range off a bench and never practice offhand or from field rests and then wonder why they miss or poorly hit game. If one can’t hit a milk jug size target at 100 yards offhand standing, they might consider more practice. Just sayin’

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sure, and less recoil/blast certainly won't hurt the motivation to practice more from whatever position.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

laugh laugh

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
H
Hesp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by mathman
One advantage for Joe Average is he'll be burning 10 to 15 grains less powder per shot, with the attendant reduction in recoil/blast. So Joe may find more practice more fun.

Absolutely agree. I have been working the local range during sight in days since 1994. I have observer two to three hundred shooters each season. The majority are challenged to shoot a decent group at 100yds off a solid rest. Two big problems. Triggers are jerked instead of squeezing because of fear of recoil . Those who shoot the 30-06 with 180gr bullets & calibers on up are the worst. Not to say every one but with out a doubt most. Ask some one to shoot accurately at 100yds off hand & they walk away, let alone a make shift rest in the field. It's been my observation over the years that most of the game I have taken & seen taken has been under 200yds. The 6.5 CM is a useful cartridge , but the 260 Rem & 6.5x55 that proceeded it are just as good & have slightly higher velocity when loaded to the same pressure. It blows me away at the number of hunters that have not even touched their rifles since the last season ended. The name CM is ignored by physics. CM is used to sell a product. It accomplishes nothing more .

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Hesp

Absolutely agree. I have been working the local range during sight in days since 1994. I have observer two to three hundred shooters each season. The majority are challenged to shoot a decent group at 100yds off a solid rest. Two big problems. Triggers are jerked instead of squeezing because of fear of recoil . Those who shoot the 30-06 with 180gr bullets & calibers on up are the worst. Not to say every one but with out a doubt most. Ask some one to shoot accurately at 100yds off hand & they walk away, let alone a make shift rest in the field. It's been my observation over the years that most of the game I have taken & seen taken has been under 200yds. The 6.5 CM is a useful cartridge , but the 260 Rem & 6.5x55 that proceeded it are just as good & have slightly higher velocity when loaded to the same pressure. It blows me away at the number of hunters that have not even touched their rifles since the last season ended. The name CM is ignored by physics. CM is used to sell a product. It accomplishes nothing more .

See my sig line. grin

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe

You have SUCH a way with words....and analogies... laugh

That's what our good friend Big Lawyer Bob said. ; ]

LOL, it's all good Dennis.

And hell no Bender Of Iron, that would be a very expensive 'shooting session' wink

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Bighorn

laugh laugh

It's so true Bighorn, "Mathematically" speaking, 'less' in no way can ever be 'more' cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
ask your rabbi , priest or reverend , it's a new diety . it's a divine intervention to put an end to 270 .

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,075 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.