Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by peeshooter
[Linked Image]

Of course 6.5 Creedmoor is no more a caliber than 35 Remington, but words and facts mean next to nothing on the 'Fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I plan on releasing a whole series of new cartridges named after mental hospitals.

6mm Overbrook
.257 Danvers
.270 Trans-Allegheny
.300 Byberry
.416 Pennhurst

The actual case specs are all very hush-hush at the moment, but it's sort of an amalgamation of the Weatherby and Mondragon case designs, taking the "improved" concept to the fullest, blowing out the shoulder beyond any level heretofore, it's inverted neck allowing maximum case capacity and utilizing all available magazine space.

[Linked Image]

It will also utilize our propriety VVP bullet. (very very pointy)

Last edited by cas6969; 02/02/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And here I was thinking it was named after Dr. Creedmoor.............the shrink that identified and documented Zombie Max Syndrome........... i.e. the mental disability that causes the afflicted to run out and empty their pockets on stuff that is no better than what already existed.....but it's got a cool name. ZMS, as the good doctor calls it, is usually accompanied by zits, a runny nose and premature ejaculation.

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/10/19.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Yoder409
And here I was thinking it was named after Dr. Creedmoor.............the shrink that identified and documented Zombie Max Syndrome........... i.e. the mental disability that causes the afflicted to run out and empty their pockets on stuff that is no better than what already existed.....but it's got a cool name. ZMS, as the good doctor calls it, is usually accompanied by zits, a runny nose and premature ejaculation.

It's almost as bad as the highly contagious CMDS (Creedmoor Derangement Syndrome) that is spreading like wildfire. It makes grown men whine and cry more than a 7th grade girtl's slumber party.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Yoder409

It's almost as bad as the highly contagious CMDS (Creedmoor Derangement Syndrome) that is spreading like wildfire. It makes grown men whine and cry more than a 7th grade girtl's slumber party.

I believe, in his research paper, researched at the NIH Clinical Center and published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Creedmoor asserts that CMDS is the end stage manifestation of untreated, non-intervened ZMS. It's a brutally cruel (yet infinitely entertaining when looking from the outside, in) condition.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The NIMH is actually gearing up for a nationwide campaign to combat ZMS and CMDS.

The spokesperson has signed a 5 year contract. Just waiting on the funding which is being held up as part of the border wall spending bill.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Creedmoor was a firing range and in the late 1800s it was of international notority.
Fad-style shooting came from the shooter there, and "everyone knew' they were the enlightened ones.
I think that part of history is humorous.

"Everyone knew" that only those that embraced the fad would be the real shooters in the coming years.
Here is a pic of the Creedmoor position.
[Linked Image]4bd3053b038cae6ea3e30edb7588c41c by .com/photos/156296479N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

See how well it stood the test of time?
See how it replaced standard "NRA" shooting positions.

Yeah..................me neither.

To be clear, I do believe the 6.5 Creedmoor will go from a fad to a mainstream cartridge because it has real merit. But all the other shells I have seen with "Creedmoor" stamped to their name are a step backwards in my opinion, but like the marketing of the late 1800s, many today will jump on the band wagon to "prove" they are the enlightened ones.

Prove to who I am not sure, but in their minds it IS proof.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn
I do believe the 6.5 Creedmoor will go from a fad to a mainstream cartridge.

Have you been to a fugging gun store lately?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Creedmoor was a firing range and in the late 1800s it was of international notority.
Fad-style shooting came from the shooter there, and "everyone knew' they were the enlightened ones.
I think that part of history is humorous.

"Everyone knew" that only those that embraced the fad would be the real shooters in the coming years.
Here is a pic of the Creedmoor position.
[Linked Image]4bd3053b038cae6ea3e30edb7588c41c by .com/photos/156296479N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

See how well it stood the test of time?
See how it replaced standard "NRA" shooting positions.

Yeah..................me neither.

To be clear, I do believe the 6.5 Creedmoor will go from a fad to a mainstream cartridge because it has real merit. But all the other shells I have seen with "Creedmoor" stamped to their name are a step backwards in my opinion, but like the marketing of the late 1800s, many today will jump on the band wagon to "prove" they are the enlightened ones.

Prove to who I am not sure, but in their minds it IS proof.

For a second, there, I thought that was a page out of The Kama Sutra. grin

As far as the CM living to be a mainstream chambering...……………..time will tell. The only merit it bears, above and beyond the relatively young, but dying .260 Rem is the gun media masturbating en masse over it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The Creedmoor was literally Creed's moor on Long Island, New Dork they built a 1000 yd range there for 1000 yd matches back in 1870's eventually the land was sold and a hospital for mentally ill folks was built there, still a lot of mentally ill folks in New Dork..... The 6.5 Creedmoor was named after the match as it was and is promoted as a 1000yd cartridge. Sounds better to me than 6.5 New Dork State Mental Hospital right? MB

Well stated.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=Yoder409

As far as the CM living to be a mainstream chambering...……………..time will tell. The only merit it bears, above and beyond the relatively young, but dying .260 Rem is the gun media masturbating en masse over it. [/quote]

Pretty sure it already is.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Pretty sure it already is.

Really?? I'm still wondering if it'll catch on.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, I've recently heard the few companies that chamber the Creedmoor are thinking about switching to the .250 Savage.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I do believe the 6.5 Creedmoor will go from a fad to a mainstream cartridge.

Have you been to a fugging gun store lately?

Had the same question. How much more mainstream could it get?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It is funny how a grown man will let something as simple as a rifle cartridge get the best of him. It is really super simple, if you don't like (for whatever reason in your mind anyways) the Creedmoor don't shoot it. There is a plethora of other offerings to choose from. If you can't understand the advantages re-read Mule Deer's comments. Or maybe open your mind and take one for a spin!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The following rifle manufacturers chamber the 6.5 Creedmoor: Barrett, Blaser, Browning, Franchi, Howa, Mauser, Mossberg, Nosler, Remington, Sako, Sauer, Steyr, Tikka and Winchester. Then there are bunch of more limited-production companies. Most report it's one of their top-selling chamberings, if not the top. Many make more than one model. Blaser, for example, makes both break-action single shots and bolt rifles.

The following companies are offering ammo: Barnes, Berger, Browning, Federal, Hornady, Hunting Shack (HSM), Norma, Nosler, Remington, Sellier & Bellot, Sig Sauer, Swift, and Winchester, plus some brands I've never heard of before.

One of my professional hunter buddies in South Africa also owns a big sporting goods store in Kimberley. He reports at least 3/4 of the new rifles he sells these days are 6.5 Creedmoors, and a friend reports the same thing from a Zimbabwe store.

Obviously the fad is fading.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
JB, it’s just moved overseas😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don’t forget Savage and Kimber!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
and ruger....

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
And Weatherby.

The list was off the top of my head, but I should have remembered Weatherby, because among the 6.5 Creedmoors I've owned (as an experiment to see how the cartridge shot in various makes) was a Weatherby Vanguard.

John Steinbeck
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
808 members (12308300, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 82 invisible), 3,221 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,171
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.