-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nobody's ever gonna look at your Yaqui holster at the range and ask "Wow! Is that a Ruger?"

Get the Delta. You deserve it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
If you're not going to buy a Baer, Wilson Combat or Ed Brown, I'd go Dan Wesson all day everyday, I'm no pistolero, but I cant tell any difference in fit, function and accuracy from my DW 10mm and LB 45 ACP, both very tight well made arms.

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ruger Nightwatchmen, or Springfield TRP.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Check budsgunshop.com for a Delta Elite. I bought one from there a while back at a good price with fast delivery. I did try the Glock 20 and 20C before the Colt was purchased. The Colt is still here and the Glocks are long gone.

[Linked Image]

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NICE! Congrats.

Trump Won!
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Searching gunbroker today, there were some nice looking optics ready Kimbers.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Once you have a pistol, you may find the Mech Tech carbine conversion to be lots of fun

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldn’t stand it any more and have a Springfield TRP RMR headed my way.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
BALLER!

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
BALLER!

Only because I qualify for LE/Mil and it’s about $500 less then Msrp. Grabagun.com will sell one to anyone for $1775 which isn’t much more then LE/mil.

To my eyes I prefer the rmr to sit into the slide for looks and extra protection which ruled out the g40. By the time I buy an LE G20, have it cut for rmr and refinished, buy the Trijicon RMR even at LE rate and add a barrel and trigger kit it’s pretty much same money as the TRP RMR. That and I’m really a 1911 fan.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just have the cheap Ruger 1911 with adjustable sights in 10MM caliber. It goes bang.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought a TRP RMR 6” 10 days ago, one range trip and its already back at Springfield. I hope you have better luck. I checked it for feeding from both mags provided with the pistol and another mag from my Delta at home before I even attempted a range trip and I had an inkling something was wrong when it wouldn’t feed factory, Hornady 180 xtp, Amrscor 180 gr FMJ, Sig 180 gr FMJ’s. The rounds hung up, whether partially beginning to chamber but not fully or a slight nose dive. I stripped the pistol and checked extractor tension and it was perfect. I don't know if the feed ramp and chamber were out of spec, but I am disappointed for such an expensive piece. I have Colts, Rugers, and a Nighthawk, all in various sizes and chamberings for the 1911 platform and I have never had this issue. At the range I put 100 rounds through it and approx 80 of them required assistance in chambering properly. I am not saying its a piece of crap because stuff happens, and Springfield was easy and quick to work with given their lifetime warranty. I hope to have it back in a few weeks so I can run it properly. I hope it is an isolated issue and yours runs great.

Last edited by lhead71; 02/11/19.

Enough already, just shoot it!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Spent a ton on the 9mm Operator last year.....it hung up on be forever with the Remington bucket ammo. Pretty underwhelmed for a $1200 pistol. Gives me pause to cough up $1600 after taxes and shipping for the 6" 10mm Operator.

That's why I am gonna opt for the XDm in 10mm and upgrade to Powder River trigger and beat the hell out of it for $800 all done

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've owned a few. The Colt Deltas will feed anything, out of any mag, IME. But you can't load as heavy with a non-ramped barrel.

The Kimber needed tuning, but runs okay now. Les Baer is making them again. If money is no object that's my choice, or a Nighthawk. Below that, a DW Silverback.

I did buy a Sig P220 SAO in 10mm, and was underwhelmed with it. Available grips are too big, limited selection of magazines, and trigger was not that great.

Grocks? grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have two EAA Witnesses, but my first 1911 in 10mm is a RIA, haven't [bleep] it much yet, but I like it.

Mike

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Check budsgunshop.com for a Delta Elite. I bought one from there a while back at a good price with fast delivery. I did try the Glock 20 and 20C before the Colt was purchased. The Colt is still here and the Glocks are long gone.

[Linked Image]

Nice.

Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

[Linked Image]

Nice.

Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

Nice! Have you shot it much? Any full house loads>

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats on a VERY nice Delta Elite. I often wish that I had purchased one much earlier than I did.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by lightning
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

[Linked Image]

Nice.

Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

Nice! Have you shot it much? Any full house loads>

I ran about 200 standard fmj loads in mine to break the gun in. Since then I've run various Georgia Arms full power loads, Federal Premium Trophy Bonded 180 JSP, Double Tap 200 gr hardcast, Double Tap 135 JHP, Winchester 175 ST, Hornady 155 and 200 XTP HP, El Dorado Starfire 180 JHP and Underwood 140 gr Extreme Penetrator. My primary use for this firearm is for carry in the woods at camp.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Currently shooting 10 in Glock, Delta, Kimber and RIA 16.

Might be interesting to you.

After reading the rugerforum post

The ruger and ria have tapered cone barrels and the others fit with barrel bushings.

Back in the days when action shooters were making major caliber with 40s using tapered cone compensators.
This included non ramped and ramped barrels.
Usually 200 gr bullets were used

many lugs were sheared at various locations

thought to be from the torque, because in variations in the lockup between the cone and the slide opening for the barrel.

other sources blamed the barrel material and manufacture.

I had a Springfield comp die this way.

Currently watching the ria , no trouble yet.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.