Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think there is a little toxic masculinity floating just under the surface. I like it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Gus
i was hunting before i was 16 and needed a hunting license.

hunting on family land, for squirrels and rabbits.

once got a fox sneaking up on the henhouse.

does a hunting license allow for the expression of male aggressiveness?

or is there more to it than that? women hunt too, right?

so, organic game animals are a resource & food source.

we use to have quail (partridges) but they're mostly gone.

so, here we are on the internet, in endless discussions.

i use to own a concealed carry permit, but no more.

no, it wasn't rejected due to whatever. i just got tired of taxes.

if one qualifies (is a citizen??) for a pistol permit, should it cost?

Not for me Gus. Hunting has always been pretty much devoid of emotion for me. Just a job, and meat in the freezer. Much the same as knocking down a beef or hog in the pasture.

Dozens and dozens of deer,100s and 100s of pheasant, duck, and quail, even a cow elk. A bit of satisfaction with a good shot and a clean kill, but mostly a nothing-burger emotionally.

In the first sentence I said "pretty much". That qualifier refers to my first bull elk, a nice five point. Knocked down at 400 yds, and nearly 1/2 hour to trek across a canyon picking my way through buck brush and downed aspen higher than my head. When I finally made it down to the bull, I was bit overwhelmed at the majesty of the creature.The one and only time hunting was anything other than work and harvesting of meat.

So, no, there is certainly no aggression in me while hunting. Anyone who would claim so, has no knowledge of the sport. They are akin to the Democrat claiming we are training our children to be serial killers or mass murderers when we teach them to shoot..

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When asked about hunting by a liberal, I just reply 'Do you ask a gay person why they are gay? You claim they have no choice, as it's how they are born. Well, it's the same with hunting, I have no choice but to hunt. It's not what I do, it's who I am, down to my very fiber of being.'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Scott, I very much like that response.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Poor gus, ever since LBJ popped his pooper he has been a pessimist in the first degree. If he fell in a barrel of titties he would emerge sucking his thumb. Doesn't have a CCW because of the taxes, far better to choose to be a victim. Life is tough, wear a helmet cupcake and be glad you were born free, white and American.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gus, you aren't willing to work for free, so why do you believe it's right to force those who process your paperwork to do so? The Law states what is required, not the office worker, yet you lament the fact that he gets paid for his labor?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
A hunting license is an agreement with the state that you'll not exceed bag limits, we hunt because we have forward facing eyes and canine teeth, we are meat eaters by design, and NO, if you're lawful enough to own guns, you shouldn't have to purchase a permit to carry a weapon for protection.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I hunt for the same reason a cat does Gus. Because I was born a predator and it's in my blood.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mostly hunt for the same reason Clinton took on Monica. Because I can.

Those less understanding focus on the moments where I rush up to the downed animal, give it a swift kick, cut its throat, slice out a still pulsing heart, take a bite, high five and hug all of my accompanying buddies, and issue a primal scream into the camera. .

Last edited by 1minute; 02/02/19.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I liken the fees I pay to hunt and fish as paying my tribute to the "King" to hunt on his estate.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hunt because animals taste good.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I once read the emotion one feels while hunting described as fierce joy. That sums it up pretty well for me.

μολὼν λαβέ
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
I once read the emotion one feels while hunting described as fierce joy. That sums it up pretty well for me.

it's almost a mystical experience when i draw down on a buck, doe or hog even a squirrel.

there's something going on when i choose to take an animal's life so i can eat it.

i try to never lay eyes on big wary game like older deer or hogs.

humans have hunted for 10,000 years at least.

paying the kings ransom to hunt lives on.

i still hate a pistol toter's tax.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me be clear: It would be my preference if there were no laws addressing the carry of firearms-- open, concealed or otherwise. It should be entirely regulated and adjudicated based on safe and lawful use. If you use a hammer to pound a nail, who cares if you carry it around on your belt or a toolbox? If you drop it on someone's toe or throw it at someone, that's negligence or assault.

However, given that we have laws that attempt to control firearms carry, and it includes a permit, I find no reason for there not to be a reasonable fee for issuing such a permit.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus, In my case and many others, I think you have missed the point of hunting. Game hunting is to put meat on the table. Predator hunting is to control the predator populations, so there is more game in the area I hunt or to get rid of invasive animals in the area. The fact that I like to hunt, just makes it better. I do not go indiscriminately shooting animals.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that it has been settled that Arkansas is a Constitutional carry State, and they are expected to pass some kind of stand your ground law this session, but I will keep my concealed carry permit up to date because I travel to other States where it is needed. It is also nice to buy a gun without any waiting for a background check. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In NH anyone that can legally buy a gun, can carry concealed. No permit required, no paperwork , no fee. Most local PD's will still still issue paper permits if you want.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.