Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Southern Arizona in January is the essence of pure hunting fun. Not sure what I could be doing that time of the year that would give me more pleasure. If I find a better replacement, I'll be filming it.

Part 1 of 7 is now live on YouTube.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
BP-B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm subscribed to your channel... Thanks for sharing. I have an upcoming javelina hunt at the end of this month.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Part 2 of 7 is now live.

How many times have you hiked all over the landscape, blown a stalk or two, only to have a close encounter right near where you parked the truck? Doesn't happen much with elk, at least for me, but with deer it seems to be a common occurrence. You'd think I would start paying attention to that pattern. But, that would imply I am smart enough to pay attention, a fact I disprove on a daily basis.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep 'em coming Randy. Really enjoying this series.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Part 3 of 7 is now live. The javelina and antelope jackrabbits are the targets of opportunity on this day.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stay tuned. Coming to a unit near you!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Randy, those hunts have been on my bucket list for a long time. We'll have to talk about them the next time I see you.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by buffybr
Randy, those hunts have been on my bucket list for a long time. We'll have to talk about them the next time I see you.

You would love it. And, seeing you shoot, you would excel on a rifle hunt for those things. Look forward to the visit.

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Part 4 of 7 is now live.

I've always wanted to see falcons in action. Even more impressive than I anticipated.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
These are great.... Until the camera crew spends the entire time showing off the exact area one hunts.

IC B3

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Part 5 of 7. Sorry that being at Sheep Show this week has these few episodes delayed.

Hard to see it from the footage, but the buck stood up behind a tree that was only 21 yards away. Like always, the doe busted us and for the short time the buck was standing around, he was obscured by brush.

The food is just too good to be a hunting camp.

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Part 6 of 7 is now live. The term "Ghost" is an understatement.

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Part 7 of 7 is now live.

Can I get an arrow in a buck bedded 34 yards away?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Randy, with all due respect, I use to really enjoy your hunts, back when they were REAL, back when it was obvious it was for your love of the outdoors and hunting, As Real As It Gets. It was you, and maybe a camera man, and maybe another hunter, at most. Like most hunters you'd give up the state but not telegraph the location. It was real hunting.

Fast forward to today. 17 hunters and telegraph the location, even put it on the internet and advertise it. Nothing real about that. I know a lot of western hunters and not one would do that. Not one.

You use to be one of us...…….

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
As always, thanks for sharing.

BigFin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Randy, with all due respect, I use to really enjoy your hunts, back when they were REAL, back when it was obvious it was for your love of the outdoors and hunting, As Real As It Gets. It was you, and maybe a camera man, and maybe another hunter, at most. Like most hunters you'd give up the state but not telegraph the location. It was real hunting.

Fast forward to today. 17 hunters and telegraph the location, even put it on the internet and advertise it. Nothing real about that. I know a lot of western hunters and not one would do that. Not one.

You use to be one of us...…….

Your judgement of my motives for why I do what I do or to judge/misjudge my love for hunting and conservation is peculiar, given you probably know very little about me and this operation. I doubt you know the time and investment required, with the return being that you wake up everyday and get to do something you love. I doubt very many people would work full-time for twelve years and never take a dime from an endeavor unless it was something they truly loved, as I love hunting and the culture around hunting.

I love what I do and I am blessed to be given the opportunity. My wife and I worked our butts off for the last thirty years allowing me to do this and not need to make a livelihood from it, though it would be great if that ever happened. That allows me to invest time and effort for the causes our platforms are built; hunting, conservation, and public lands.

Being in this situation comes with comments and criticism. I accept that as part of the gig. Yours here being an example. With all due respect, your judgements of me and my motives are given without much understanding of me or my motives.

Best to you.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You will never please everybody in anything you do, that is for certain. I preferred it when you were smaller, like one us. Thats what made your show different. I've never been into big production. But hey, thats just me. I've hunted in AZ and MT this year, with locals, and none are pleased about advertising their public land, easy draw/OTC, honey holes. Understandably! Thats part of the game isn't it? Work your ass off to find critters no one else can find, and keep it secret. Don't think anyone will argue otherwise. But hey, there's a whole segment of hunters who would love the coordinates. I feel you've gravitated from striking a nice balance between locals and dreamers, to selling the farm on locals (my opinion only).

BTW, I surely do not doubt you're one hard working son of gun. I am a CPA and was in public practice for 15 years. I can not image dealing with the hunting and production on top of managing a practice. No way I could/would do it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just got back from a south Texas Javelina/pig hunt. Great time. Hope to do it again with the kids.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks to guys like Randy, Rinella, and a host of other youtubers, our almost guaranteed ability to hunt a leftover tag is gone.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Truth

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Randy,

Your response was class all the way. I will only watch a couple of outdoor shows and your is one of them. Keep doing what you are doing regardless of guys like CTSMITH. Your motives and love for the sport have always been on display front and center and if someone has managed to miss that then I guess there is not much you can do about that! I live in AZ and you are welcome here anytime as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by jmp300wsm; 02/22/19.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hey Randy. Seen the new proposed regs, and all the units where mule deer is closed to archery?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Randy,

Your response was class all the way. I will only watch a couple of outdoor shows and your is one of them. Keep doing what you are doing regardless of guys like CTSMITH. Your motives and love for the sport have always been on display front and center and if someone has managed to miss that then I guess there is not much you can do about that! I live in AZ and you are welcome here anytime as far as I am concerned.

Funny stuff....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GregW
Randy,

Funny stuff....

He worships you tube and the wolf hugging anti gun bag buzzh. not surprising

Last edited by ribka; 03/30/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep hilarious. Greg and Ribka, Randy and Buzz have done more for hunting than you 2 or many others will ever dream to do. Your just another keyboard warrior doing your best to act as if you really know something about something. I do not agree with everything they may do but the fact remains that they actively participate in the future of our sport more than most. Until you do the same you need to shut your yap. I will let you continue your blind spear chucking now. Have at it.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GregW
Randy,

Funny stuff....

What are the motives?

Ask Randy if he or any of the YouTube personalities that he does a giant group hunt with every January in AZ that is broadcast all over the internet has ever been compensated by the AZGFD.

It's a badly kept "rumor/secret". The results of which are now indirectly/directly correlated to the reduction of hunting opportunities now proposed by the AZGFD. I won't even discuss the literal traffic jams of people clogging up dirt roads where there never has been before resulting in littering the desert up worse than the illegals. Hell, I picked up large amounts of trash near a location where one of the YouTube personalities were filming themselves last year.

And I'm sure it's just coincidence that this stuff is occurring in the same unit(s) these YouTube personalities hunt in and on the same roads where identifiable landmarks in said videos/blogs/podcasts are accessed by.

But it's for the love of the hunt and public land opportunities, right? Which I and many others are now losing...

- Greg

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Motives? Make income doing what I love?

Imagine if all had such pure motives. Lets all make money showing others where to hunt on public land.

If you need income, keep working in your trade like the rest of responsible grown adults, and quit exploiting public resources.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I lived in GMU 35 for almost a decade. Lots of fun to be had!

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And now residents can't even draw basic deer tags.

First time in 26 years I'll be with out a deer tag.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Unbelievable. Do the hunting “celebrities” realize what they’re doing ? Just amazing

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yep hilarious. Greg and Ribka, Randy and Buzz have done more for hunting than you 2 or many others will ever dream to do. Your just another keyboard warrior doing your best to act as if you really know something about something. I do not agree with everything they may do but the fact remains that they actively participate in the future of our sport more than most. Until you do the same you need to shut your yap. I will let you continue your blind spear chucking now. Have at it.

Future of the sport? lol Who's version of the future? The commercialization and Monetization of public hunting land linked to likes and egos on social media and bank accounts? Randy- I just shot this buck and couldn't have done with out this 275 dollar sitka vest.

I did more for wildlife conservation by the age of 18 with my Dad than buzzy and randy and we didn't make a cent off of it.

They're money and attention whores and they have ruined hunting and the hunting culture throughout the west and made a good deal of money off of it. They wouldntn lift a finger to help without virtual signaling on social media about how wonderful they are so they can generate more likes for their sponsors.

Unfortunately they have legions of idiots raised on social media worshipping them. And hunting opportunities keep reducing every year.

Last edited by ribka; 07/08/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ribka

Future of the sport? lol Who's version of the future? The commercialization and Monetization of public hunting land linked to likes and egos on social media and bank accounts? Randy- I just shot this buck and couldn't have done with out this 275 dollar sitka vest.

I did more for wildlife conservation by the age of 18 with my Dad than buzzy and randy and we didn't make a cent off of it.

They're money and attention whores and they have ruined hunting and the hunting culture throughout the west and made a good deal of money off of it. They wouldntn lift a finger to help without virtual signaling on social media about how wonderful they are so they can generate more likes for their sponsors.

Unfortunately they have legions of idiots raised on social media worshipping them. And hunting opportunities keep reducing every year.

Amen...

- Greg

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka

Future generations ain’t gonna get squat!! It’ll take literally lifetimes to draw a “trophy” tag

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
#sickforit 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Perfect

Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
345 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.