Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rem Mag or Weatherby or RUM or STW are not talked about as good long range shooters? Are they just all old news?

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No, they've just been talked about to death already.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are fine long range shooting chamberings just not the newest thing. If I were to do one up I would do an aftermarket barrel though to ensure a good chamber from a sharp and to spec reamer. I understand that the bad rap for erratic pressure the 7 Rem Mag got was due to tight chambers from dull reamers trying to keep up with production demands. Also with a semi custom you can get it throated and twisted the way you want and a magazine box that will fit what you want. All things that the original manufacturers overlook.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I visited with Best of the West in Cody... The 7mmRM is one of their top sellers, second I think.. 300WM is first I think..

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Wait for the 7 creedmoor......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think with the increase of optics and the guys who can actually run a scope with turrets properly, coupled with rifles with a fast twist and heavy bullets can achieve arbitrary LR range killing without much ado. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 7mm Rm is as good as it ever was - which is to say it is good well past ranges where most shots at game are taken. A 150g LRAB at 3000fps at 7000 feet will retain over 2100fps and 1500fpe at 700 yards. And it will do it with recoil about the same as many .30-06 loads.

Not too shabby.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by brinky72
They are fine long range shooting chamberings just not the newest thing. If I were to do one up I would do an aftermarket barrel though to ensure a good chamber from a sharp and to spec reamer. I understand that the bad rap for erratic pressure the 7 Rem Mag got was due to tight chambers from dull reamers trying to keep up with production demands. Also with a semi custom you can get it throated and twisted the way you want and a magazine box that will fit what you want. All things that the original manufacturers overlook.

Where did you get that from?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
28 Nosler pushing a 195 gr Berger at 3150 fps

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
The 7mm Rm is as good as it ever was - which is to say it is good well past ranges where most shots at game are taken. A 150g LRAB at 3000fps at 7000 feet will retain over 2100fps and 1500fpe at 700 yards. And it will do it with recoil about the same as many .30-06 loads.

Not too shabby.

This is why I asked being they have been around, proven, wrung out from every angle, etc, etc I just thought there would be some 7 mag fans to issue their findings on the long range issues. Oh well I guess I am late to the party as I recently acquired my first 7 mag and am going to wring it out for said purpose. Thanks

BTW the brass is still very reasonable AND available..........

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I love playing with the 7 mags. I`ve two chamberings, a 7 Wby, on a 700, and my third 7RM on a 700. The wby is in a 26 inch 9 twist PAC-NOR barrel, H.S. stock. I shoot bullets from 160 up to 180. out of it. Longest shot on deer was 465 yrds, longest on a water jug 1K. That thing just works,,,so there is not much to say about it.
The 7 RM`s were set up just to fool with...see what I could do with them. I bought take off barrels from the guys here on the 'fire", had my smith push out the throat on the first to wby lead dimentions. Found I could easly duplicate my 7 Wby velocities using cheaper brass. Also played with a "factory" rifle. Standard everything. IMHO the cartridge is very limited for velocity with heavy bullets by the short lead, but shot well. I didn`t like that, so on my next 'new' take off, I compromized in throat length, and only went out .375 inch, tapered lead. I want to utilize the ELD bullets, so as throat erodes, I can chase it a bit. Just got this rifle back two weeks ago, haven`t been able to shoot it much, but the first several three shot groups at 100 have gone very well. I`m using RL-25, 162 ELDM at 3050 fps., 26" barrel, 9.25 factory twist. My 700 yrd range is snowed in right now, expecting 10" more tonite, so may have to wait a bit before I can push it out a little.
Like the guy said, they worked, real well, for a long time, so what`s to write about?
Good Luck with yours`.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
CGPAUL,
Let us know how the new one works out.................................

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
7 rem

Try a throat around .200 for the 168's
.250 for the 180's

Use R26 and berger hunting bullets

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My throat on mine is still std dimension.... but I have a stock of the old 2 diameter 150 & 175 gr Corelokts that I will load with an old batch of 7828 and H570 & H870 to see if one can actually hit those 1962 velocity figures. Also have a 26" ss take off barrel to replace my current one when it goes. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Will do....going to try some 168 Bergers next. The weather the next few days looks like crap..hopefully, next week.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I have a Vanguard Classic II in a 7Rem Mag that I believe to have the 24" Weatherby 7Mag, 1:10 twist. It has a considerable amount of "free bore" and takes about 2-3grs more powder to equal standard Rem 700 velocities. It is very accurate with most any reasonable load, otherwise I would have gotten rid of it years ago (awful loud and considerably heavier than my .270). I also have a 26" Encore in the same 7Rem Mag caliber with a much shorter throat; I have to make sure I don't mix any of my Vanguard's "max" loads! I too believe most of the reported "spike" loads were caused by varying chamber dimensions, or throat lengths made by manufactures that might have extended "tooling life" a bit far (no, I do not have proof, but in 30 some years of loading this round I have never experienced "unexplained" pressure spikes.) Otherwise, how can you conclude that the same case that is used in the .338WM and .264WM were never known for having "pressure excursions". I suppose that it is possible that cases made for the 7RemMag may be "softer" than that made for its smaller and larger "brethren", but I doubt it. I cannot imagine changing the bullet diameter in either case [necking up or down (with "neck turning")] would cause a "spike" unless other factors were involved, ie. chamber, throat, lead taper, etc. I also think that by "fire forming" new 7Rem Mag brass by necking up to .30 caliber and necking back down to 7mm until it fits in your chamber will correct any "head space" problems you might experience. ("Gun Scribe" John Haviland takes credit for this bit of modification to extend the life of the, normally, short life span of 7RemMag brass; thus, head spacing on the shoulder rather than the "belt" from the "get go".) I've have done as he suggested, but have not shot enough of the rifle/cartridge lately to report on cartridge longevity. BTW, my Vanguard loves IMR7828 and RL22, especially with 160 and 175gr bullets; my Encore likes the 139 and 140gr bullets best. Sorry, didn't mean to "hijack" the threat; for it is a great long range shooter.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just one of the many excuses I have heard and seems to be the more common one that I’ve heard. Even here so it must be true😀. I have never experienced it myself as I’ve never owned one but at a glance it seemed to make the most sense from other explanations I’ve heard. I have TALKED to people who have had both mass produced 7 RM and custom barrel ones that have claimed it made a difference. I’m sure there’s more to it though. Either way if I were to go 7 magnum anything it would have a custom barrel,chamber,throat and magazine box so I could shoot 175+ grain LR bullets properly. The 7 Remington Mag is a fine cartridge but it’s been hamstrung in it’s commercial wrapper and deserves better.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I didn’t read your full post until I responded to mathman. But I agree with your points when comparing it to other rounds based on the same case. What makes the 7Rem Mag any different other than it’s a victim of it’s own success.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I own 2 Remington 700’s in 7 RM. my first one I call my End Table (BDL Deluxe DM) it shoots factory 160 Partitions at 3/4 MOA out of the box. Only thing I’ve done was lighten the trigger to 3#. My other 7 RM is limited run Boone and Crockett edition. 26” factory fluted barrel. I’ve glass bedded the laminated stock and lightened the trigger to 3#. Has a 5-20 Huskamaw on top and shoot 1/2 MOA or better with factory 150 Core Lokts. I’m finally getting around to hand load for this one. Weather hasn’t be good. Will see how it does with 168 Berger’s first. 168 LXR’s are next. 7 mags do everything I need on the big end and my .223, .22-250 and .25-06 handle the rest.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They shoot one hole groups...boring!

7mmRM the perfect North American cartridge!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am installing a 26in. Remington stainless barrel on my 700 BDL. I guess it is the std 9.25 twist. I have never used the 180 grain - Berger and Hornady. Should I expect good results? Already have 162 hdy hpbt, 168 sierra hpbt and 175 sierra spitzer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
I understand that the bad rap for erratic pressure the 7 Rem Mag got was due to tight chambers from dull reamers trying to keep up with production demands.

mathman, Mule Deer posted this in another thread, maybe what he thinking:

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bob,

All pressure barrels used by SAAMI members are supposed to have chamber (and bore-groove) dimensions that meet SAAMI standards. In other words, I sincerely doubt the Nosler pressure barrel has an out-of-spec chamber throat.

I do know that for a few years after the 7mm Remington Magnum was introduced, demand for rifles was so high that some factory-rifle chambers varied considerably in dimensions, creating problems with SOME factory ammo.

I suspect the problem with your BAR (and others) might have been due to the factory using worn reamers, to keep up with demand. Unlike custom gunsmiths, factories use relatively inexpensive reamers that start out on the upper edge of SAAMI dimensions. As the reamers wear, they naturally cut smaller chambers. Factories normally quit using reamers when they wear to minimum SAAMI dimensions, but occasionally don't, for whatever reason. The neck dimensions can get pretty tight, especially with some brands of brass with thicker necks.

Brass that's been fired and resized a number of times also tends to develop "the dreaded donut" at the base of the neck, due to the thicker brass in the shoulder moving forward. This can cause pressure problems as well. I first ran into the donut back in 1974, when handloading for my first .243 Winchester, but it occurs in quite a few cartridges, especially when brass gets sized so the shoulder doesn't firmly contact the front of the chamber--common in belted cases.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../why-is-the-7rm-underloaded#Post13002282

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have two, 7 mags. One is an sps, that has a rebuilt old-style Rem trigger and a B&C stock. It shoots 160 Partitions extremely well. The other is a Savage with custom stock and a Criterion barrel, that I shoot lighter bullets in. Both are 26-inch barrels. I have killed lots of stuff with them out to 443 yards, which is pretty long for me. They don't get used too much anymore, due to my easing back on the elk hunting and my use of 6.5s on deer.

The way both of these rifles shoot, I doubt there is anything that will do much better. I have been a fan for many years.

I have an -06 that kicks harder than either one.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In that same thread:

Several reasons the 7mm RM is "underloaded," aside from the primary reason posted by Mathman, widely varying pressures:

The original factory loads were chronographed in 26" barrels, common back in 1962 when it was introduced, with a powder then unavailable to handloaders, IMR7828--which even today performs alongside newer magic powders.

This allowed the advertised factory velocities, but even then Remington factory ammo didn't quite make them, according to the Speer #6 manual, which contains a section on chronographed factory loads.

Also, the early reputation of the 7mm RM may not have been established because of actual ballistics. A lot of hunters and handloaders back then didn't have chronographs, so accepted the published factory and handloading velocities, yet their rifles still killed game with "reduced" ballistics.

A good friend bought one way back when, when everybody here in Montana had to have a "Big Seven," and according to the loading manuals his 160-grain handloads got over 3000 fps. It knocked the snot out of everything from deer to black bear to elk.

He bought a chronograph a few years later, long before most people did, and found out his magic handload got around 2700 fps, pretty much warmly-loaded 7x57 velocities.

But then, the 7x57 has been knocking the snot out of big game for a long time now!

MD is referring to this:

Pressure isn't constant shot to shot. Modern testing equipment is able to show that the probability distribution of the pressure for the 7mm Rem Mag is spread out somewhat more than other cartridges. So the loading was changed to lower the mean pressure of the distribution enough so the area in the no go portion of the high pressure tail of the distribution became acceptably small.

That's what I consider "erratic pressures" with respect to a particular cartridge, in this case the 7mm RM.

Dimensional differences gun to gun causing them to need different powder charges will affect any cartridge.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
7 mm Rem. Mag. great cartridge , very accurate , very common cartridge for a magnum and the best part about buying and owning a 7mm Rem. Mag. rifle ammo is very easy to find/buy in north America including Canada and Alaska,that can be important. in a standard rifle chambered in a 7 mm Rem. Mag. with factory ammo you will never have a problem with pressures,as far as handloading a 7 Rem. Mag. if you follow safe reloading recipes in a new reloading book you won`t have any trouble either. my good friend who was a Ranger sniper for over 8 years until he was wounded that is his favorite cartridge the 7mm Rem. Mag. good luck with your choice ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Pretty much. I’ve read it elsewhere too. Whether it exists or it’s rumor I would rather go with a custom custom barrel on a donor action piece it together myself. That way I know the chamber is good, I can get a longer throat if I want and I know what I have. It’s not that much more. Pretty much how I did my 280AI and will likely be the route I go for future rifles rather than production run rifles.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tom264

I can wait for a very long time.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pete53
7 mm Rem. Mag. great cartridge , very accurate , very common cartridge for a magnum and the best part about buying and owning a 7mm Rem. Mag. rifle ammo is very easy to find/buy in north America including Canada and Alaska,that can be important. in a standard rifle chambered in a 7 mm Rem. Mag. with factory ammo you will never have a problem with pressures,as far as handloading a 7 Rem. Mag. if you follow safe reloading recipes in a new reloading book you won`t have any trouble either. my good friend who was a Ranger sniper for over 8 years until he was wounded that is his favorite cartridge the 7mm Rem. Mag. good luck with your choice ,Pete53

I'll bet your English teacher probably suffered from pressure problems.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
JMP- what 7mm did you get? what are you shooting at? I have a couple 7mm rem and they shoot real real good. ron

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I can wait for a very long time.

7mm PRC!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well after the last 10" of snow, we got 11" more on Tuesday. Yesterday was real nice, so shot off the top deck of my home...my bench is under the white stuff.
Had ordered and got two more boxes of 162 ELDM`s, so loaded some of them, some 168 bergers and some 165 Sierra Game Changers. I didn`t have either the Berger or GC seating depth down pat, so took a SWAG with both..it worked out. Actually all three bullets shot to same POI, the ELDM giving me another 1/4" group. The GC and Bergers both went into 3/4" groups. Very happy with the results. Used RL-25 for all loads, was not able to chrony the GC`s or the Bergers. The 162 ELDM are at 3050, 3.410OAL.
MD suggests in his last GG book that there are some very accurate "factory" barrels out there. For a "living" gun writer..looks like he could be correct.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got a Rem. 700 with a 26 inch barrel. It is like new and I bought it right. I was going to rebarrel but decided to try it as is. I ordered a Ti stock and meopta glass for it and just bedded it. Plan on shooting it next week to see what it will do. I will keep you posted.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Love 'em.

Thanks for the inspiration to take mine out for exercise.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good Luck with it....if you think you need a bit more FPS...have a smith push the throat out a bit, you`ll be able to use the full potential of the case, IMHO. I made up a dummy cartridge using the 162 EDLM as bullet of choice, and seated when I wanted it. By count on this "new" barrel and including sight in to get on paper, I`ve only 32 down the tube.
Made up a drop chart out to 1k yesterday too. At 3050 and a stated Hornady G-1 BC of .670, chart says 1831 FPS at 1k and 1206 Ft Lbs. Not to shabby, if you`re into such stuff.

Last edited by CGPAUL; 02/14/19.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I'll bet your English teacher probably suffered from pressure problems.

no she liked me alot ,but don`t tell my wife please

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What about the 7 SAUM?

... or the .280 AI?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Rem Mag or Weatherby or RUM or STW are not talked about as good long range shooters? Are they just all old news?

On a .532" 700 Donor...the 7mm Rem Mag simply STEALS the fhuqking show.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps.

HINT.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by High_Noon
What about the 7 SAUM?

... or the .280 AI?

Now you’re talking.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What about the 7 SAUM?

... or the .280 AI?

Now you’re talking.

Have shot more than a whole fhuqking buncha both. Hint.

A Montucky 7 Whizzum with .796 BC 180 ELD's at 2900fps,reliably crushes alotta dumbfhuqktitude.

Hint...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
What about the 7 SAUM?
... or the .280 AI?

Now you’re talking.
Have shot more than a whole fhuqking buncha both. Hint.
A Montucky 7 Whizzum with .796 BC 180 ELD's at 2900fps,reliably crushes alotta dumbfhuqktitude.
Hint...................(grin)

Apparently, I should clarify my question. I am not asking if the 7 SAUM or the .280 AI is the best 7mm long range performer, rather if they are decent long range and all around chamberings. I know the problem with brass availability, but Atlas Development Group currently has 7 SAUM brass available.

Last edited by High_Noon; 02/14/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot it all. Hint.

Twist,throat geometry and cOAL simply gotta align,to connect all dots. Hint.

I'd much rather gun a 7mm Rem mag on a 700 with 180 ELD's,than a Lapooey or BMG...mainly because I've shot 'em all and then some.

Re-hint..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just saying.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Not that I don't enjoy You Day Dreaming CLUELESS Fhuqks trying. Hint.

Seven ShamWow.

[Linked Image]

Re-HINT.

Laughing!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shoot it all. Hint. Twist,throat geometry and cOAL simply gotta align,to connect all dots. Hint. I'd much rather gun a 7mm Rem mag on a 700 with 180 ELD's,than a Lapooey or BMG...mainly because I've shot 'em all and then some. Re-hint..............

OK, so we've clearly established the fact that you are a big fan of the 7mm Remington Magnum in a Remington 700 with 180 ELDs. I am not discounting your experience as I am sure you have shot many more 7mms than I have; however, this was not my question.

I am interested to know, for those with experience, the relative merits of both the 7 SAUM and the .280/.280 AI. I have read all about the .280 and the AI and have read little about the 7 SAUM. Personally, I am looking for a 7mm that is an excellent performer out to about 400-500 effective yds. for hunting and possibly further for long range target practice. If bass availability and over the counter ammo availability is taken out of the equation would there be any reason to choose one over the other. I don't particularly care about long/short action and I am not looking for a cannon with loads of recoil.

Of course, I could probably choose a .270 and accomplish the same things as the .280/.280AI/7 SAUM, but that might be considered a little gay.

I like the idea of a 7mm-06.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I LOVE a 223 18" Krunchenticker wayyyyyyyyyy beyond the 500yd line. Why? Because I actually fhuqking shoot. Hint.

'Course,I routinely shoot 22LR's much farther than that too. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]

In fairness,I do have it on purty good authority,that I've gunned more than a few .284" chamberings. LAUGHING!. Hint.

[Linked Image]

None of you Dumb Fhuqks ever listen and that never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. HINT.

The 270 Ruse was EPIC.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
High_Noon -

If 400-500 is your goal, a 7x57 or 7mm-08 are both pretty capable.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In actuality...a 21" 7-08 with 180 ELD's at 2600fps,stays Supersonic to 1750yds plus,in my current atmosphere. Hint.

Most will fair much better,in their AO.

HINT................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick: I'd like to know more about what you have going on in the photos you posted - are those .223 and .22 rifles/cartridges? I'm having difficulty understanding your writing style and gleaning your meaning around your "hints." What is it that I am not "listening" to?

I've thought about the 7-08, but I already have a 6.5x55 - a CZ 550 American.

And I prefer a Mausers or Mauser-based actions.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mousers suck ass,from start to finish. So do CZ's. Hint.

I've yet to dangle a pic of a 223...never could afford one.

LAUGHING!............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mousers suck ass,from start to finish. So do CZ's. Hint.
I've yet to dangle a pic of a 223...never could afford one.
LAUGHING!............

Well, when I sighted in my 6.5x55 CZ, I put 3 bullets through the same hole. Not sure that would qualify as sucking.

I still have no idea what the heck you're talking about, why you find it hilarious, or what the heck your "hint" is supposed to mean. You still have not answered my very reasonable questions.

I could just as easily say that Remington 700s suck ass (for which there is ample evidence). Hint.

Not trying to argue, but you're not providing any useful information.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cite the particulars of your CZ Swede. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your inability to connect a single dot,lays squarely upon you and your single digit IQ.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick: I'm not interested in your idiotic statements or your inability to write a coherent sentence. Your juvenile insults are neither necessary nor productive. It seemed to me that you had a lot of experience you might be willing to share, obviously that's not the case. If you would like to share your experience in a rational manner, then I would be interested to learn more. Otherwise, I would kindly ask you to GFY.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweet Pea,

Nobody can insult you,better than you can...by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You hasven't the IQ to attain a First Fhuqking Clue,handed to you upon a Silver Platter. Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hilarious.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funnier than that...as you shut THE fhuqk up and hit reverse. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Drooling DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you realize that people just tolerate you?

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm comfy in the Fact,that I simply shoot it all and then some...while you set on your kchunt and whine. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You STUPID Fhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep talking – someday you’ll say something intelligent.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than DUMB Fhuqks asking questions,then giving "answers"! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you can say you've "seen" what you are whining about.

[Linked Image]

HINT.

Laughing!............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you for showing us all the mark of your genius - using your entire vocabulary in a single sentence.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint.

Laughing!.........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, could you rephrase? I don’t speak moron.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, could you rephrase? I don’t speak moron.

I very MUCH enjoy,how Stupidity isn't an "act" for you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don’t you surprise us all and say something productive and intelligent?

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why don’t you surprise us all and say something productive and intelligent?

Retardation,is a fhuqking hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As much as I would appreciate continuing this battle of wits, you're clearly unarmed and it's late. May the remainder of your evening be as pleasant as you are.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your boundless DUMB Fhuqktitude,is HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

A Texan trying to talk about the Outdoors,never ain't not fhuqking entertaining!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

For TRYING.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oooopsie!.......

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Personally, wouldn`t see a problem with either chambering. IMHO the fun is in the work up of loads and the shooting involved before I go hunting.
I`ve got some 7x57 stuff loaded that I want to chrony, also with the 162 ELDM`s. So Mags arn`t exclusive for anything out to 600 yrds. I`m sure there are a few 7x08 guys that would agree.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All new to me.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
great read ! ah i need another bowl of popcorn and a soda to start with today. > Big Stick i am with you really tuff to beat a 7mm Rem. Mag. for all around !

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I believe that much of your answer can be derived from the photo above with the line up of cartridges. All appear to have the same bullet so we can then see how deep into the case the bullet is seated to meet the desired length.

If my esimate is correct these are 7-08, ?, 7 SAUM, 284, 7 WSM, 280, 280AI, 7RM, 7STW. I observe the overall length available in the 7RM and presume this is due to the longer action and magazine box of the Rem 700 action. On both of my 7 Rem mags the 700 can be loaded to longer length, COAL, than my Mauser Mk X. My Rem 700 also outshoots my Mauser with the same load. I haven't tried to modify the load for the Mauser as this is really just a back up.

If my viewpoint is correct the 7 RM can be loaded more efficiently for a higher speed with a 180g bullet. There is also a later photo in this sequence of the short mag cases and the bullet I presume to be the 180.

Me, I hunt mostly with a 280, Rem 700, fixed 4x Burris Supreme that will put several different loads into about 1/2 inch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
great read ! ah i need another bowl of popcorn and a soda to start with today. > Big Stick i am with you really tuff to beat a 7mm Rem. Mag. for all around !

On a 700 .532" Donor,that is certainly the case. Pun be intended.

For All Around Utility,I MUCH prefer the 7-08. It's never not ALL about Trigger Time.

Hint................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

On a 700 .532" Donor,that is certainly the case. Pun be intended.

For All Around Utility,I MUCH prefer the 7-08. It's never not ALL about Trigger Time.

Hint................

yes i own 4 - 7mm-08 all great rifles too ,i just like the power of a 7 mag a little better. and to be honest the 7mm-08 with less recoil is much more fun to practice with and does shoot very well a long ways out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What bullets are you shooting,in regards to both chamberings?

"Power" is a Wives Tale and misconception.

Hint..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
140 gr Nosler partitions in 7mm-08 , will be using 160 gr, Nosler partitions in 7 Rem.mag. on a moose hunt in Alaska >now i have a reason for this a dear friend before he died gave me a few thousands of these bullets ,so thats why i am using them .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's akin to someone giving you AIDS...as the "gift" assuredly is not. Hint.

Box that schit up,give it the fhuqk away and see the light if only for the first time.

A 21" 7-08 will absolutely fhuqking CRUSH your 7mm Rem mag squirting 160 NPT's.

Hint.

Talk "power" now too.

Hint.................(grin)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
probably 7mm-08 is except the friend i am going with has very good deal for me to hunt ALASKA,but kinda wants me to use what he is taking a 7mm Rem. Mag. so i just will he`s in charge and a great friend. i already purchased a Remington 700 ss 7 mag. for this hunt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One can only slap a dick out of yor hands,so many times. Hint.

Never been to Alaska...sounds expensive...............

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
One can only slap a dick out of yor hands,so many times. Hint.

Never been to Alaska...sounds expensive...............

This why you finally caught the divorce hint. Nothing like having first hand experience

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I run a 280AI and it does fine out to the ranges you want and likely farther . I feed it 162 ELDX’s atop of full charges of 19, 22 or 26. Shoots them all equally welll. I went 280AI because I was sitting on a 30-‘06 donar and about 800 ct of 06 brass. So, it made sense for me. I may give 175ELDX’s a try but the 162’s do all I want or need. If I were to start from scratch I would likely do a 7RM properly throated,twisted and with a magazine box set up to run 180 grain class bullets. The 7RM case to me is about ideal case capacity for 160-180 grain 7mm bullets. The AI is almost but not quite. It will do for me for now though. JMO.

Last edited by brinky72; 02/18/19.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

The LAST thing I'd wanna do,is to steal the "thunder" of your Imagination and it's Pretend you poor poor(literally) Whining Kchunt. HInt. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I run a 280AI and it does fine out to the ranges you want and likely farther . I feed it 162 ELDX’s atop of full charges of 19, 22 or 26. Shoots them all equally welll. I went 280AI because I was sitting on a 30-‘06 donar and about 800 ct of 06 brass. So, it made sense for me. I may give 175ELDX’s a try but the 162’s do all I want or need. If I were to start from scratch I would likely do a 7RM properly throated,twisted and with a magazine box set up to run 180 grain class bullets. The 7RM case to me is about ideal case capacity for 160-180 grain 7mm bullets. The AI is almost but not quite. It will do for me for now though. JMO.

A 7-08 with 180's,outclassses a 280AI and 162 ELD X's.

Hint................

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have four 7 mags and a 7mm ultra mag. I guess they are OK.😀

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I have four 7 mags and a 7mm ultra mag. I guess they are OK.😀

Unleash all of your STUPID at once and cite the bullets and glass.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

just shoot a 708 with a 9 or 8 twist....

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
7mm Weatherby throated how they should be is pretty impressive. I’m shooting 180 scenars, can kiss the lands and still have a repeater with 180eldm and scenars. Imr 8133 or RE26 are my preferred powders .

The biggest problem is brass. The quality of belted brass isn’t even on the same planet with what’s available for other cartridges these days.

I’d shoot the hell out of a 7 creedmoor, Bring it on!

Last edited by rosco1; 03/13/19.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Be fairly easy to neck and throat to 7mm in a creed.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Stick,
Do you own a 7 x 57 among your throng of .284 offerings? If so what is your preferred load outta it?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
28 Nosler = 7 STW

7mm Practical and 7/300 Win are easier due to brass. Depending on Nosler to make brass is a really bad idea.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by keith
28 Nosler = 7 STW

7mm Practical and 7/300 Win are easier due to brass. Depending on Nosler to make brass is a really bad idea.

That’s exactly why it was so easy to do a Mashburn. Great brass everywhere.

Semper Fi
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Bob sure liked the Mashburn!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
28 Nosler = 7 STW

I’m good for a while.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Hint................

Oh Jesus.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
28 Nosler = 7 STW

Ya those folks at nosler just can’t figure out how to make money. LOL. Kings got the stash.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by kingston
28 Nosler = 7 STW

I’m good for a while.

[Linked Image]

Bet it will kill😁😎😉

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
28 Nosler is sucking hind titty with these new bullets.... kinda like carbon fiber snouts...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Judman
28 Nosler is sucking hind titty with these new bullets.... kinda like carbon fiber snouts...

Ya I spent all day throwing my old stuff away and ordering New amaxs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great plan!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm sort of partial to the 7 mils, finding them a good blend in velocity, BC,recoil and stuff falling over. Right now I've got the 7-08 in a Tikka that my daughter shoots, a 7 Rem in a Kimber Select-grade, a 7-300 Win in a Sako/Hart/ McMillan build, 4 STWs; two on M70s, a Cooper Western Classic and a Shilen/Gaillard/ McMillan. Last but not least a 28 Nosler in a Defiance/Carbon McMillan/ Frozen Fiber.

If I were starting over it would likely be 7-300. It seems to be right at the edge of the most powder that should be shoved down a .284 hole, brass is a given, and its a happy marriage with 3.600- 3.700 mag boxes. I can even keep a barrel alive for awhile.

Last edited by Model70Guy; 04/27/19.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Great plan!!! Haha

😁

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by fredIII

Hint................

Oh Jesus.

+1

Muzzle to past a mile, the 7-08/180 never catches the 280AI/162.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one 7mmSTW, (2) 280AI, (12) 7mmRM, and (3) 7x57mm.

Of 37 big game animals I have killed, 17 were with 7mm bullets.
I prefer 140 gr Nosler Ballistic tip or Accubond, but if I were forced, I would accept Hornady 139 gr SST

Of all the rifles I have shot, I think the 7mmRemMag is the best tradeoff in range, recoil, rifle weight, and accuracy.... but I keep buying other reamers and dies, just for variation.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Finally able to get out with my 7 Rem Mag, and try the new/old take off barrel I bought off a member here at more than 300 yrds.
My load of 72 gns RL-25 pushes a 162 ELDM to 3100 fps, 26 inch barrel. I`ve shot the load at 100, and had consistently produced three shot groups of 1/2 inch or less, with me most of the problem if it didn`t.
Anyway, crawled up on the bluff where I shoot from Wi. into Mi., I also hunt off this bluff for deer in Mi., and put three into 2 3/4 inch on a steel plate at 585 yrds. I`ve got the shots on a chip, but don`t know how to post it.
Was very happy with the results. The barrel is worth every bit of the the $75 I paid for it.

It says the attachment is to large.

Last edited by CGPAUL; 04/28/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GCPAUL.
What I did was download the free software IRFANVIEW.
Open the pic with irfanview
In the menu on top pull down "image"
In that menu select "resize /resample"
Change the max width from 4000 or what ever your camera gives you, to 1000.
Save the image to desktop with a new name.
24HCF will accept that image.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nosler may make one run a year on the 26,28 Nosler brass. Hoard it up while you can.

No flies on a std 280 with IMR 7828 and 168's Berger ELD hunting, 2930 out of a 24" tube...load right out of the Nosler #4 manual.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waiting/hoping for a 7mm PRC.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
My throat on mine is still std dimension.... but I have a stock of the old 2 diameter 150 & 175 gr Corelokts that I will load with an old batch of 7828 and H570 & H870 to see if one can actually hit those 1962 velocity figures. Also have a 26" ss take off barrel to replace my current one when it goes. MB

The 7828 would be the best of those you mention, but 4831 would be a better choice imop.
The H870 would be a poor choice due to the slow burn rate. You couldn't get enough in the case for best results.
As an example, for many years lots of us used H870 in our 7x300 wbys with 162 gr Hornadys. My load was 90 gr in a 700 action with a 30" barrel and it ran around 3200 fps. 79 gr of 7828 in the same gun with same bullet gives over 200 fps more
and its not nearly as temp sensitive in cold weather as the H870.
Mind you now thats not a 7 Rem, our load for that is 65 gr 4831 with a 162 gr and it runs right around 3000 with a 24" barrel.
As for the H570, id be very carefull with how you use it due to the value of it. It is as you might know WW2 surplus powder, and there is nothing today that im aware of at least quite like it. For decades it was the go to powder for those of us using then wildcat 30x378s with 36" barrels for long range hunting. 112 gr in my gun would drive a 200 gr SMK to 3500 fps with no problem. Howard Wolfe wouldn't build you a gun if you didn't have that powder. Even today, we still use it in our large 338s, like the 338x378 and the Chey Tac type case.
My sons best load is 110 gr H570 with a 300 gr Berger in his 338x378.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks, I`ll try it...trying to post a video.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shoot.175gr RNs in my 7x57. I like'em slow so I can watch them going.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
6.5's and 30' are passing the 7....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Laffin..... the only thing .30’s do better than 7’s... is recoil.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
😎

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Laffin..... the only thing .30’s do better than 7’s... is recoil.

There is nothing I'd do with my .300WM that I wouldn't do with with equal confidence with my 7mm RM. The difference in recoil i quite noticeable.

Considered building a .300PRC but currently plan to go with the 6.5 PRC instead. Unless Hornady announces a 7mm PRC in the next few months...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I see alpha is producing 7mm saw brass now...

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not much of a 7 mm guy preferring 6.5 and 277 but I would definitely agree with this statement. I can't see how a 180 or 200 gr 300 WM does anything different than a 160 or 175 in a 7 mm RM. Still tough to beat a big 7 without a ton of recoil.

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

There is nothing I'd do with my .300WM that I wouldn't do with with equal confidence with my 7mm RM. The difference in recoil i quite noticeable.

Gerry.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I like my 7's but I like my .30's more..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I like my 7's but I like my .30's more..

Considering I have two 7mm rifles (.280 Rem and 7mm RM) and at least seven .30's (.300 BLK to .300WM), I can't say i disagree. But if I had to keep just one, it would probably be the 7mm RM. It was my first centerfire and I haven't needed anything else for hunting since getting it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I see alpha is producing 7mm saw brass now...

No [bleep]? Haven’t seen that....
(Link? I think you’ve misread.)

That’s a mousetrap I’ve wanted to play with.

Last edited by joshf303; 05/06/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Josh, it was on my Instagram.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here ya go
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Here ya go
[Linked Image]

Nice!

You gonna get off the couch and dabble?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
😂😂 naw I'm a 6.5 slut..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What in the hell is that 7 SAW blade gonna do that the 7-08 won't other than them testing with a 40" barrel?

Half serious after I googled the SOB....grin....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GregW
What in the hell is that 7 SAW blade gonna do that the 7-08 won't other than them testing with a 40" barrel?

It's too much like a Creedmoor so the gains over the 7mm-08 must be huge wink

Gerry.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Creed has advantages, does the SAW fit in a short mag with heavies?

- Greg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wonder if anyone made the comment that for accuracy, 7mm past a certain MV would throw strange unexplained fliers at 1000 for David Tubb in his testing. Thats enough for me, I trust him on that.

That said for hunting, average mid range shots I doubt the mags throw enough fliers for average shooters to worry about.

7 wsm though had the 1 mile group record at one time. 284 win has some record, I forget which one. But its pretty slow. Though I did pick it for my mountain guns cartridge

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Haha I can't keep up anymore brother... Only reason I discovered it was Instagram!! 😁😁

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Creed has advantages, does the SAW fit in a short mag with heavies?

Yes

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by M1Garand
I understand that the bad rap for erratic pressure the 7 Rem Mag got was due to tight chambers from dull reamers trying to keep up with production demands.

mathman, Mule Deer posted this in another thread, maybe what he thinking:

Bob,

All pressure barrels used by SAAMI members are supposed to have chamber (and bore-groove) dimensions that meet SAAMI standards. In other words, I sincerely doubt the Nosler pressure barrel has an out-of-spec chamber throat.

I do know that for a few years after the 7mm Remington Magnum was introduced, demand for rifles was so high that some factory-rifle chambers varied considerably in dimensions, creating problems with SOME factory ammo.

I suspect the problem with your BAR (and others) might have been due to the factory using worn reamers, to keep up with demand. Unlike custom gunsmiths, factories use relatively inexpensive reamers that start out on the upper edge of SAAMI dimensions. As the reamers wear, they naturally cut smaller chambers. Factories normally quit using reamers when they wear to minimum SAAMI dimensions, but occasionally don't, for whatever reason. The neck dimensions can get pretty tight, especially with some brands of brass with thicker necks.

Brass that's been fired and resized a number of times also tends to develop "the dreaded donut" at the base of the neck, due to the thicker brass in the shoulder moving forward. This can cause pressure problems as well. I first ran into the donut back in 1974, when handloading for my first .243 Winchester, but it occurs in quite a few cartridges, especially when brass gets sized so the shoulder doesn't firmly contact the front of the chamber--common in belted cases.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../why-is-the-7rm-underloaded#Post13002282

None of this needs my corroboration, but I have had pressure issues with the 7 Rem Mag several times. My 7 Wby's have never given me any such troubles. They have been the only long range shooter I have ever needed.

Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Is there a difference between “accuracy” and “hitting-schitt-ability”?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Yep, for sure. One is the gun, the other is the shooter.

No secrets out there past that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rost495

Pretty sure projectile efficiency and recoil figure into the hitting-schitt-ability.... and have nothing to do with accuracy. But, that’s just my experience....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Pretty sure projectile efficiency and recoil figure into the hitting-schitt-ability.... and have nothing to do with accuracy. But, that’s just my experience....

You mean if I dump 8 grand on a “system” my hitting schitt ability can still suck as much as I do? What if I wear a flat billed cap, carry a selfie stick, and have 37 sponsors...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Send it!!!

- Greg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Well I guess you got me there, I thought we had assumed high BC, decent velocity, manageable recoil, but maybe not. LOL. Though recoil, depending people and number of shots, really isn't that big a deal for a shot in the field IMHO. I've hit as well at longer ranges with mags as with smaller rounds. As long as the brain can overcome. I will say that heavy recoil tends to demand a perfect NPA, but one should really have that to start with too.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by joshf303

You mean if I dump 8 grand on a “system” my hitting schitt ability can still suck as much as I do? What if I wear a flat billed cap, carry a selfie stick, and have 37 sponsors...

Hell if I know.... I’m still looking for some .243AI Data...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Laffin..........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Systems are the way to go! Just ask the dudes trying to sell them used-as new for $8 grand. Must’ve worked for them. 😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The only way I’m buying a “system”.... is if it comes with a guy to retrieve my game for me.... so I can get my pics, wearing my flat-brim, and all my sponsors’ gear scattered about like it’s a yard sale. Now.... where the hell is my Mtn. Ops?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Hell if I know.... I’m still looking for some .243AI Data...

Good luck on your quest man.... that one [bleep] ALOT of people up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way I’m buying a “system”.... is if it comes with a guy to retrieve my game for me.... so I can get my pics, wearing my flat-brim, and all my sponsors’ gear scattered about like it’s a yard sale. Now.... where the hell is my Mtn. Ops?

That would almost be worth the cost of admission to get pics of you with a man bun, skinny jeans and a doe at your feet...Almost 😬😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My "system" started with a used CTR I bought from joshf303. It's a shootin' sonofabuck. After the $750 LRHSi deal, I wound up about $6500 shy of that $8,000 mark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
My "system" started with a used CTR I bought from joshf303. It's a shootin' sonofabuck. After the $750 LRHSi deal, I wound up about $6500 shy of that $8,000 mark.

You’re a cheap ass Johnny! That extra $1500 would have gotten you Sitka ninja pants, Oakley shades, and a 8mm video camera to record your hotness...😂😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now you tell me Beav..........I'm really lusting after one of those flat brimmed 1000 yds outa the box hats.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah but you get no long distance schooling . Your own personal spotter so you can ring gongs at 1800 yards .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got me a pair of those ninja jammers. Aside from looking like an absolute Tool; They sure allow a fella the freedom to frolic across a mountain side like Squirrel high on meth...

All I need is my Creedmoor and roll tape...🤩😎

“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I got me a pair of those ninja jammers. Aside from looking like an absolute Tool; They sure allow a fella the freedom to frolic across a mountain side like Squirrel high on meth...

It’s nice not feeling like the pants are gonna split with ever log jumped. But y do the smell like KY when new??

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Sponsor as in AA maybe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I ever dump 8 grand on a "system" for shooting, I hope my wife has the good sense to have me committed.

That is not to say such "systems" don't have their uses, just that I have no use for them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Beaver10

It’s nice not feeling like the pants are gonna split with ever log jumped. But y do the smell like KY when new??

Don’t you be cussin the Sitka gear...... yeah they smell when new

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.