Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What do Browning A Bolt .22s go for these days?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The little 16" 39 TDS will make you forget you own the M, and the 9422..... as well as any other .22 with a barrel longer than 16". Ask me how I know.

Seriously, you did really good. You indeed have fine taste.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I need to post photos of my lever guns.

Would love to see them!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

There is one on Gunbroker starting at ~$1100 and one recently sold in the classifieds for somewhere around that. That may be the new norm, but I was thankfully able to snag mine for somewhere south of that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by winchester70
The little 16" 39 TDS will make you forget you own the M, and the 9422..... as well as any other .22 with a barrel longer than 16". Ask me how I know.

Seriously, you did really good. You indeed have fine taste.

Thanks again to all for the compliments. I'm anxious to shoot the little TDS! I'm sure it will be fun but don't think my other levers will go anywhere. smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

There is one on Gunbroker starting at ~$1100 and one recently sold in the classifieds for somewhere around that. That may be the new norm, but I was thankfully able to snag mine for somewhere south of that.

Dang, I have 2, might need to lighten the safe!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm betting you'll get some PM if you're serious, Pharm. Interesting wood on that one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sock Puppet: What a cool trove of new Rifles for you!
I say forget the slim wallet and enjoy the pride of owning and using such cool Rifles!
The wood on that Ruger 77/22 is especially appealing.
Again good for you and in a moment of solitude and tranquility ask yourself a sobering question (like I have done MANY times!) - how many times do you live!
I know the answer to that profound and direct question - YOU, only live, ONCE!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
SockPuppet: I just now read some of the other posts regarding your "new" Rifles.
In reference to your Marlin Model 39 TDS I have one of those that I bought MANY moons ago and it sits in its takedown case "unfired" - just like the day I bought it new.
I have been debating shooting that tiny Rifle for years now but have resisted - maybe you will sell me yours?
At one time I had found and bought another Marlin marked takedown gun case for the 39 TDS's - I can not remember if I sold that or not?
Might go through my gunshow stuff and see if I still have it (its tough to get old - memory diminishes somewhat).
Let me know if that particular 22 (Marlin 39 TDS) comes onto the market.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great finds you got there, but can you really say the money is blown if you got something you've really been looking high and low for? To me, that is money well spent.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
SockPuppet: I just now read some of the other posts regarding your "new" Rifles.
In reference to your Marlin Model 39 TDS I have one of those that I bought MANY moons ago and it sits in its takedown case "unfired" - just like the day I bought it new.
I have been debating shooting that tiny Rifle for years now but have resisted - maybe you will sell me yours?
At one time I had found and bought another Marlin marked takedown gun case for the 39 TDS's - I can not remember if I sold that or not?
Might go through my gunshow stuff and see if I still have it (its tough to get old - memory diminishes somewhat).
Let me know if that particular 22 (Marlin 39 TDS) comes onto the market.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, I think there is an unfired 39 TDS in the box on Gunbroker starting at $1599. I'm not saying it will sell for that, but something to consider. If you come across that case I sure would be interested! Think I'll hang on to these for the foreseeable future and run a bunch of rounds through them. smile I've gotta get a load of hay this weekend but should have time to go shoot the Marlins a bit.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hudge
Great finds you got there, but can you really say the money is blown if you got something you've really been looking high and low for? To me, that is money well spent.

Good point, Hudge! I imagine these will stay around for a long while, just like the 9422s and a few others. Like most of us, I broke out on a little rimfire and shot the heck out of em' as a kid. I still love to plink away with a good .22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Good point, Hudge! I imagine these will stay around for a long while, just like the 9422s and a few others. Like most of us, I broke out on a little rimfire and shot the heck out of em' as a kid. I still love to plink away with a good .22.

I grew up shooting squirrels back behind the house with a .22 rimfire. I'll b honest, I hadn't shot a .22lr in a while until Sep. 2017. My wife met her childhood friend and friend's mom in NY that year, I was already off work burning use or lose leave time up, so I got the boys off to school and went grouse hunting with my dad's old .22. Man, I had some fun. I hadn't had that much fun out hunting alone since I was a teenager.

Again, great snag on the guns.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Cleaned the Marlins (not that they really needed it) and my oldest daughter and I took them out for some coke-can killin'. Both of them shot and functioned just fine, and are pretty accurate. No rabbits made an appearance today or they would have been in trouble.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by SockPuppet; 02/09/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the A-Bolt 22 magnums about the same pricing as the 22LR versions? Some nice rifles posted on this thread. Need a marlin 39 someday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just stumbled on to this post. Congrats on the new rifles. You don't see many 77/22s with that nice of wood.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've never actually seen one of the A-Bolts in .22 mag. There are a couple on Gunbroker (one at ~$1K and one at $1.8K) but that's not necessarily what they sell for. I'd be interested in a Mag version if I come across one but not at $1,800....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Which one is the most desirable? The Browning or the Ruger?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Windfall
Which one is the most desirable? The Browning or the Ruger?

Not sure I can answer that with any authority. I can tell you I've seen a lot more Rugers for sale than Brownings. Right now I know of 4 or 5 Rugers in various rimfire calibers within 100 miles of me, and zero Brownings.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Very nice thread!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,036 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.