Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Looks like you have a Ranger boat. What model 620 or 621 ? Year?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am interested. What time of year were you thinking?. Seeing this would be the first one for Michigan I would make the trek north and bring lots of Savage rifles and one shotgun. I spend a lot of time in the summer and fall fishing on the Manistee and Pere Marquette Rivers, and would cross the Big Mac and head west. Great Idea, thanks! 300 Savage

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the initial input.

Yes, there is an airport in Escanaba. Delta airlines flies in there. The airport code is ESC.

I am thinking late spring, early summer. Probably around early June.

Again, it’s just an idea at this point. There is a ton of cool stuff to do if you can stay longer.

If you want to store your stuff, rent an inside storage unit for about $70.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those who've never had a chance to explore this area, I stongly recommend doing it as a week long trip, not just a in and out for the weekend. Little Bay De Noc is some of the premiere walleye fishing to be found anywhere in the upper midwest. Lots of run stuff to do. Take a week-you won't be disappointed, and you will come back again.

Jeff-I PM'd you, but figured I'd post here. Count me in for sure. Most likely, I'll be bringing my wife along and doing it for a week. We'll have to go somewhere for some pasties with these yahoos.

Hope this comes together. Count me in, and let me know what I can do to help.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's too bad the guys will miss the Brown Trout run, but that probably doesn't get going till September. Dad talked about catching so many brown trout up there in the Little Bay De Noc that his arms hurt from reeling them in. Johnson hammered copper spoons were the ticket back then.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mentioned this to my wife after posting, she is more interested than I am so it is more likely I can make it than I originally thought.

With wives along many probably won't be able to go look at pasties and what recall seeing the times I was in the U.P. would not have me risking the wife's ire.

Or, are you not thinking of the same pasties I am? 🤔

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Mentioned this to my wife after posting, she is more interested than I am so it is more likely I can make it than I originally thought.

With wives along many probably won't be able to go look at pasties and what recall seeing the times I was in the U.P. would not have me risking the wife's ire.

Or, are you not thinking of the same pasties I am? 🤔

Well, I'd just say we're talking about the edible ones, but that could still get in a peck of trouble......

Picture a pot pie without gravy. That's the pasties we're talking about here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
OH, so that is what you are talking about!😀

The last time I was in the UP was with my wife and mother. They said they were going out to buy pasties and asked if I wanted to go with. I looked at them with horror in my eyes and emphatically said, "No, I don't want to shop for pansies with my wife and especially my mom!"

They looked at me funny and then left. Later, I had to explain to my wife what I was referring to as she is rather naive to that side of life. She then proceeded to hit me. I am much abused.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The last time i drove thru the U.P. they were having a logging show,i remember a chainsaw throwing competition!!!! grin that and you better like listening to Gordon Lightfoot and the wreck of the Edmond Fitsgerald !!! grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I hear talk of lots of trees and trout but are there women?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Not many Gary! if Jeff has this shin dig, Jerry and I will make sure to get you up there! Maybe you can talk to Joe and his other brother Joe in PA. to make the trip also! grin

Last edited by saddlering; 02/10/19.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Im seriously thinking about it John. Just waiting to hear the date.

Joe

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
That only a stones throw from where I've been deer hunting for the last 7-8 years. I would definitely be in for it. I love the U.P. Best smoked fish and pasties to be had.
Gary, there be perty womens in abundance. Its the Uppers best kept secret.. grin wink

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The area is primo if you like the outdoors in the north. I am currently looking for camp property with 45 minutes of the house. About 80-100 acres.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You will have to bring your own women. I can recall a time on the Pere Marquette when two two Canoes with attractive women passed by, I was fishing with my son, who is a dead ringer for Brad Pitt, when he asked the folks in the canoe,
"how much for the women". They were gone in a heart beat with paddles flying in the air. I just thought he was trying to help his old dad out. I think by boy was trying to get his old dad Hooked Up, as the kids say!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I hear talk of lots of trees and trout but are there women?

Oh those crazy Finn broads, donchknowyasureyoubetcha!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Those crazy Finn women will get you in the sauna and beat your fanny with birch branches, eh?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only when you're rolling in the snow outside the sauna, grin grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cathy and I will probably make this a week's vacation. If anyone want's to go out on a charter boat, maybe we could put a run together. Maybe I'll bring my boat. I can seat 4 comfortably if I do. We could go that route too. Hope to be staying in a cabin on Little Bay De Noc.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I forgot about those Wonderful UP Pasties. Love those meat pies!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.