-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Anyone have any experience or opinions on these?
I'm guessing they are made in Turkey but I don't know.

[Linked Image]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If it is new manufacture, then it is made in Turkey. The original 500 was made in Japan by Miroku until the mid-1970's.

I am still not sold on Turhish O/U or SxS shotguns, they are still more problematic than I care to chance for a new gun. It all boils down to how closely all aspects of production are monitored and held accountable for decent guns to roll off the line. I'll let others buy them and see how the guns fare with moderate to heavy use for a while. That is the test that makes or breaks my opinion on a gun.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I've heard the Miroku ones are pretty good. My Dad has a Charles Daly sxs that was made in Italy by Beretta(I think) in the mid 60's that he really likes.

The features, weight, and cost of their new guns has me interested but like you I'm unsure of Turkish doubles.

Last edited by Whiptail; 12/22/18.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I've heard the Miroku ones are pretty good. My Dad has a Charles Daly sxs that was made in Italy by Beretta(I think) in the mid 60's that he really likes.

The features, weight, and cost of their new guns has me interested but like you I'm a unsure of Turkish doubles.

The S&W fancy SXS doubles made in Turkey a few years ago sure didn't last long. They wanted too much money for a Turkish double. I wonder who the owners of these guns go to now for their lifetime warranty repairs?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Miroku guns are rather plain, but of the highest quality. Built like a tank!

Last edited by T Bone; 12/23/18.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by T Bone
The Miroku guns are rather plain, but of the highest quality. Built like a tank!
THAT... I would take one of those.. I would refuse one made in Turkey..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I found a Charles Daly sitting at the LGS last Friday. I think it was selling for 649. It looked like it had been fired very very little. The Stock looked perfect as did the bluing. How hard are parts to get for these? Its a Miroku BTW 26"{ barrel, m/ic with a center bead on the rib.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I found a Charles Daly sitting at the LGS last Friday. I think it was selling for 649. It looked like it had been fired very very little. The Stock looked perfect as did the bluing. How hard are parts to get for these? Its a Miroku BTW 26"{ barrel, m/ic with a center bead on the rib.

I'd go back and try to get it for cheap. Same as Browning BSS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by blairvt

Isnt the BSS a Side by Side?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yes, as is the Charles Daly 500.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by T Bone

Yes, as is the Charles Daly 500.

Oh Ok I thought it was an OU

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I wouldn't worry about parts too much. I've had a Charles Daly 500 Miroku in 20 gauge for over 30 years and shot the heck out of it for waterfowl and upland birds using 3" shells for ducks I geese and it never gave me any problems at all. Don't sweat it. Offer the LGS $600.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Anyone have any experience or opinions on these?
I'm guessing they are made in Turkey but I don't know.

[Linked Image]

Do you think the photographer has any more clue about how wood grain should be oriented in a shotgun butt than the guy that put this blank in the duplicator upside down!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just posted my Charles Daly 500, Miroku in the classifieds.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.