[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've never used batteries in my Labradar. I bought the $25.00 power pack that Labradar sold, but power packs may all be the same and you can probably buy them for less than what I paid. I usually don't bother to turn off the unit during periods of inactivity at the range and the power pack still had adequate juice for multiple range trips.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
Forget about the onboard battery option and pick up a high mA-hour portable/rechargeable battery pack. They are cheap these days and one with a reasonable rating will easily give multiple range sessions of trigger-based doppler usage.

Great advice, battery life is the one Achilles' heel of the LabRadar.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any of you LabRadar owners integrating their Shooting Lab software with it? I've been using it for a few years now with the CED Millennium Chronograph and really enjoy it.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just fast reading over all the previous comments, which I agree with, several things I like more about the Lab are as follows.

1. High winds. I would keep two 5-lb soft ankle weights in my 35P's carry case, wrapping them around the base of the tripods. The extra weights would help keep the tripods from blowing over in higher winds. With that said, it still had limits, and would blow over if the wind gusted fast enough or from the right angle. Not the Labrador. Whether on the extra table top baee or the Manfroto tripod I use; solid as a rock!

2. Loss of light. My 35P would quit about 30 minutes prior to sunset. Not the Labradar. It just keeps bringing me the speed.

3. I already had a battery pack which kept in my truck for emergency vehicle jump starts. Well, it seems it works great for the Labradar. One day I used the Labradar for 3+ hours and my battery pack only got down to 87%. That was with the "Arm time" set for 600 seconds and the "Screen Saver" set for the longest time, as well.

Love my Lab!

Alan

IC B2

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
222Sako ,
Are you referring to the RSI Shooting Lab program ?
I would like to hear of those results also .
This post is yealding a lot of information .
Soup

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Any of you LabRadar owners integrating their Shooting Lab software with it? I've been using it for a few years now with the CED Millennium Chronograph and really enjoy it.

I’m not tracking. RSI and LabRadar, Inc. are different companies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
I’m not tracking.

I dub thee, Leupold. whistle

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
From day one I've been happy with the Labradar, you'll be happy with your purchase........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 222Sako

I’m not tracking. RSI and LabRadar, Inc. are different companies.

my bad, I had seen the Labradar mentioned on the RSI sight and thought it was the same company. BUT... look at the bottom of this page. They do support The lab Radar with the Shooting Lab 4.8.9.
https://www.shootingsoftware.com/index.htm

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No worries. Maybe with the RTZ, I’ll loose the moniker. laugh

B
BC3 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Used my new Labradar yesterday for the second time and liked it even more than the first. Fired 80 rounds from 4 rifles using 4 different targets and didn't miss a shot (100 yds). Did not have to reposition the unit at all. Setup took about 3 minutes. No trouble aiming, that looks to be a newbee issue. I wouldn't waste my time with any Rube Goldberg aiming devices. I am using a portable power pack that cost 17$ and have the settings on max so that the unit stays armed and the screen stays on as long as the settings allow. No power issues. The power pack was charged when purchased in December and still has plenty of juice left. Don't waste your time with AAs.
The M2 was a special occasion device for me due to setup time/hassle and I seemed to get different readings on different days (lighting differences no doubt). The LR is an every trip device. The only hassle for me now is is the extra box that needs to be carried to the bench.
Yea, I drank the koolaid and am hooked.

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
TTT

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I use this.

[Linked Image]

I have one of those for charging my phone on the job--a 3 amp Makita battery would keep the LR running for 10,000 rounds!......

I have a 10k mAh Anker battery that I use to run the LR and for charging my phone in the backcountry or skiing.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (Bama_Sleeper, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, batch, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,544 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,228
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.