Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I have over a dozen of them... they're my favorite to build on... never had a problem with one...

I'd sure like to have a look and an opportunity to shoot some of the rifles in that covey.

What part of Montucky are you in? Maybe we can hook up... when the weather warms up a touch...

I'm in Forsyth Cinch. 100 Miles east of Billings. I'd like to get together and do some shooting one day. Pat spends a little time around here too, as you know.
\

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have over a dozen of them... they're my favorite to build on... never had a problem with one...

I'd sure like to have a look and an opportunity to shoot some of the rifles in that covey.

What part of Montucky are you in? Maybe we can hook up... when the weather warms up a touch...

I'm in Forsyth Cinch. 100 Miles east of Billings. I'd like to get together and do some shooting one day. Pat spends a little time around here too, as you know.
\

You're just up the road a spell... will have to hook up when it warms up a touch... I'm sure Pat would come down and burn some powder with us...

Public landowner...
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Just about all the top BR and F class shooters use BAT.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who the hell wants to be a BR or F-class guy.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

\

You're just up the road a spell... will have to hook up when it warms up a touch... I'm sure Pat would come down and burn some powder with us...

Hope we can. I'll PM you my cell #. Did meet Pat once but he was in a pretty big hurry to get going.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Who the hell wants to be a BR or F-class guy.....

Old Men that hate their wives?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

\

Better watch out Cinch. He shoots a lightweight 6.5GAP4S....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That one is pretty light at 6 and 13. Still working on the 130 JLK's you sold me Marty. I think Cinch and Pat's glass costs more than my whole set up but it is still working pretty well for me after using it for 2 years. I have more to learn than I already know about this LR shooting.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Buy a DLC coated one... even smoother yet.

Also make sure you check out the ‘tactical elite” which has more action in front of the recoil lug for a longer barrel tenon, Bat extended theirs a few years back, the Defiance version is Called the tactical elite.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have built 3 rifles on them recently; a 6.5-284 on a long action and two 6x47 Lapuas on short actions. They are nice actions. Wish I could find bottom metal that would feed the 6.5x47 case.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Does Lawton still offer custom actions?
Has anyone any experience with them?
I priced them several years ago and then the owner died but I think his son's still work the company

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just bought my first Defiance this week and it should arrive any day now! Cant wait.

Black Nitride, GA Hunter, Medium.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice! What are you going to build?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by JRS3
I just bought my first Defiance this week and it should arrive any day now! Cant wait.

Black Nitride, GA Hunter, Medium.

Perfect choice for a 6.5 PRC or 6.5 Gap4S.....

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Leaning towards a 6mm CM, with 24" Proof Carbon 7.5 twist.

Intended purpose: practice setup for range/plinking, popping does from tree stands, truck gun for general use such as hogs, yotes, and some general deer hunting.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have 2 rifles built with defiance machine actions and they are very nice actions.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.