Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Roystu Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thinking about getting this action to start a new build in 6.5 x 47 Lapua. They are mighty proud of them but I hear good things about them. Anyone have any experience with this action?

Last edited by Roystu; 02/08/19.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have over a dozen of them... they're my favorite to build on... never had a problem with one...

Public landowner...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My God cinch!!!! I'm just a broke dick I guess!!! Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one on a 1000 yard BR gun and two on hunting rifles.
They are very well finished and one of the smoothest cycling actions you will find.
I say the BEST primary extraction on the market.Bar none.
Zero issues with the ones I have and know of.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Defiance makes great actions, but these days there are lots of good choices. Consideration should be given to what you’re building.

I’m going to build a couple on Mack Bros. EVO Titanium Actions this year. They’re a fantastic bargain.

https://macbros.com/evo-titanium-action/

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kingston
Defiance makes great actions, but these days there are lots of good choices. Consideration should be given to what you’re building.

I’m going to build a couple on Mack Bros. EVO Titanium Actions this year. They’re a fantastic bargain.

I'm definitely going to have to look at the Mack bros action... I'd also like to try a Bighorn and an Impact Precision...

Public landowner...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Roystu
Thinking about getting this action to start a new build in 6.5 x 47 Lapua. They are mighty proud of them but I hear good things about them. Anyone have any experience with this action?

Defiance makes a great action, but you did not state the purpose of this rifle. Is it going to be a light weight hunting rifle ?? or Varmint Rifle ?? or bench rifle ??

I would steer clear of the Mack Bros titanium unless you are building an ultra light weight backpacking rifle, if you are leaning more to the heavy side I would go with a BAT, but a Defiance would be good for an all around hunting rifle.

R
Roystu Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
The rifle will be used only on the bench for my enjoyment of getting the best accuracy I can. Probably shooting out to 600 yds. I plan on using a Bartlein 26 inch bull barrel with a HS Precision stock. I already have a NF SHV 5 x 20 x 56 that will top it off. I see they came out with the Tenacity action for about $900 . It was either that or just get a 700 and have someone square and work it.

R
Roystu Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I just checked out the Mack Bros. . It runs the same money as the Defiance Rebel. They both look really nice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Defiance actions are really nice. So are Bat and Borden for the intended use.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For your use you should at least check this outBAT

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Call the good folks at Defiance! They'll build you whatever you want. Action length, single shot or repeater, right or left bolt, port, eject,, integral lug, integral bases with or without incline, ejector or not,,,,. their delivery was a bit earlier than quoted. Good folks.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Ive shot a couple. Very nice indeed though the price has always kept me away and steered my towards trued production actions. They will hold their value and without a doubt serve you well.

GOD Bless America
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

While I understand the reasoning behind their bolt handle, it still looks like an afterthought....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GAP made a straight bolt handle for it and their Tempest action, which is made for them by Mack Bros. They had a prototype at Shot.

I actually like the handle.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
GAP made a straight bolt handle for it and their Tempest action, which is made for them by Mack Bros. They had a prototype at Shot.

I actually like the handle.

I am with you Kingston, I like it as well.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cinch
I have over a dozen of them... they're my favorite to build on... never had a problem with one...

I'd sure like to have a look and an opportunity to shoot some of the rifles in that covey.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Originally Posted by Cinch

I'd sure like to have a look and an opportunity to shoot some of the rifles in that covey.

What part of Montucky are you in? Maybe we can hook up... when the weather warms up a touch...

Public landowner...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Shooter71
Defiance actions are really nice. So are Bat and Borden for the intended use.

I have two Borden’s, very fine actions. Going to buy a couple of Defiance products next.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton

While I understand the reasoning behind their bolt handle, it still looks like an afterthought....

Kaiser Norton

Yep Im with you kaiser... in my eyes thats one ugly looking action!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,205
Posts18,466,108
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.