Lucky man! Wish I could.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Get back on Keto. Between keto and running i lost 45# last year. Felt great while in the hills.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Get back on Keto. Between keto and running i lost 45# last year. Felt great while in the hills.

Did you gain a bunch back when you came off of it?

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Intermittent fasting. That’s your huckleberry.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

Did you gain a bunch back when you came off of it?

-Jake

No. I've been maintaining right about 270-273. Got to 268, not bad considering I started at 315.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: I oiled my Danners again today - second time since the "Hunting season" ended.
Now they will wait for next September.
Big Game Rifles are cleaned and oiled and stowed carefully.
Ammo is ready - now I just need a Bighorn Sheep tag!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Well, since I didn't draw a tag, I am planning a caribou/moose hunt with some old co-workers. I'll be getting home from Afghanistan in early August, and will have to hustle to get the rifle sighted in and buy a new trailer for the ATV and UTV. I will also need to buy my license so I can legally hunt as well. For things I can do form here, I am exercising and trying to diet. I am also making a list of supplies I need to take with me depending on where we hunt at exactly. Aside from all of this, in 2 more months I will start applying for new jobs back home in AK. If I can't secure a good paying job, I might find myself right back over here on a new contract next year.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I hunt year around but taking a break until next hog, Axis or Turkey hunt. I went on a knife sharpening binge and my arms are almost hairless, gotta stop doing that. Need to finish two rifles and start load work up. Still waiting on parts for one. Up grading equipment and trying to get the new reloading areas set up from the last move.

What I should do is have a camo yard sale as I have a walk in closet that is almost full. Fortunately where I live now camo is considered suitable to wear to the county commissioners court and other formal functions.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In a few weeks, it will be time to start buying/applying for licenses and permits here in CO.

This year for me, its:
Spring Turkey otc Private Land
E/S Whitetail, E. CO
RFW app, cow elk, E. CO

Got three rifles ready to go, my .280 Rem., .270 WSM, and .300 Wby, all shooting loads at sub-MOA with good bullets,
Checked the zero on my turkey shotgun already.

Next week, get the other eye done with Cataract surgery- looking forward to hunting this season with new eyes.
Maybe buy some new boots- my 20 YO Keenes are starting to wear out!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1. Re-sole boots. 2. Be in better shape. 3. Do some "quick" shooting in the 300-400 yard range that mirrors hunting situations; off the pack, bipod, etc..uphill, downhill, you know the drill. 4. Get in some extra scouting.

IC B3

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I need to change oil in my Polaris, put goose neck hitch in my new Dodge.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I need to change oil in my Polaris, put goose neck hitch in my new Dodge.

I've got to change the oil in both of my Polaris' when I get home, along with a new battery for the Sportsman 570. I put that thing on a battery trickler my second week home, and the day I left that thing was still dead. I also need to get some new hunting boots.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hunt year round and pest control. Doesn’t really end or begin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smallfry
I hunt year round and pest control. Doesn’t really end or begin.

+1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Really “screwed-up” my back, extreme pain in less than 50 yards. of walking. I gotta get over this, or there won’t be any hunting! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be safe and have fun.

Getting in better shape.

Checking my gear.

Draw tags.

Happiness is a gut pile.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb

Really “screwed-up” my back, extreme pain in less than 50 yards. of walking. I gotta get over this, or there won’t be any hunting! memtb

Wishing you the best with those back problems.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hammerdown, Thanks, hoping to avoid the knife......again! But, if it has to happen, do it quick. So, I’ll have time to get into some semblance of shape! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Am calling a few critters with an eye out for lion tracks all through the winter, but have moved to a new state and have a couple of preps for next Fall.

I plan to buy a shotgun in order to hunt deer in low country shotgun/bow only areas not far from town, a radical switch from my decades of backpack hunting timberline. It is time. My grandsons are having fun showing me pockets of local deer that they hunt in bow season on days they don't have time to hike to alpine. Also need to put my Rem 700 SS Mountain rifle back in its original stock, re-sight it in, etc. after being in a youth stock while another grandson used it as he grew up. The grandkids are trying to talk me into hunting elk with that 30-6 rifle... and I may. Am thinking a red dot on the shotgun. I liked shooting grouse with a red dot on my .22 rifle.

Last edited by Okanagan; 02/23/19. Reason: spel
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’ll try and enjoy the winter, vicariously living through you folks that have a life! smile memtb

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
758 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 84 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,075
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.