Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hi all, I realize not many Benelli fans out there. Do I have to remove scope to change barrels? I saw on youtube changing barrels in 2 mins. He removed scope with QD scope mounts but was it necessary?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had one in 270 WSM. And no, you need not remove the scope to remove the barrel.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks szihn. Changed barrels in couple minutes as advertised. Tommorow going to shoot and see how much off after barrel change.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have one in 30-06 yes you can change barrels scope is mounted to the reciever. The whole thing comes apart easily without tools even removing the parts in the bolt. The one I have with the first ammo I tried shoots a group i covered with a quarter at 100 yards. Mine hasn't been shot much. It is my wifes deer rifle. Doesn't kick much. Has a decent trigger. I like it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Too bad they don't make a 10 rd clip for 300 WSM. They have them for 30-06. That pencil barrel must get pretty hot after 10 rounds in quick fire play. Any experience with the 10 rd clip Hogwild7?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
-35 today here in northern Alberta so not leaving the fire today. LOL

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had one in 30-06. It was not a good gun.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jimmyp

How not?

Details.

DF

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nope, you don’t have to remove the scope to change barrels. I’m a big fan of the Benelli R1! The updated version is very well made and can hang with bolt deer rifles in terms of accuracy. You have to hang a good scope on it though. They will trash a lesser scope in very short order.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

My son and I both have R1's in 30-06, Great Guns! Good accuracy, moderate recoil, never a malfunction between the two rifles in 3000+ rounds mix of factory/hand loads.

David

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Canazes9

My son and I both have R1's in 30-06, Great Guns! Good accuracy, moderate recoil, never a malfunction between the two rifles in 3000+ rounds mix of factory/hand loads.

David
Good to hear this. Got a 1 inch group using the 208 grain bullets. The 165 weren't that accurate. All reloads. I never buy ammo in 40+ years. Of course we can't compare accuracy to a bolt rifle but, for fast follow up shots, unbeatable.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I only have what came with it.extra magazines were backordered when I bought the rifle.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I only have what came with it.extra magazines were backordered when I bought the rifle.

Prices of new R 1s in 30-06 ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Under 1k generally and I have found them in the 850 to 950 range

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Thanks.
Sources for new ones ?

Reason I ask is a local dealer told me there were none.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

How not?

Details.

DF

1. The gun would not return to zero if you disassembled it to clean it and reassembled.
2. The gun would change zero depending on how much torque you used to tighten the forearm.
3. The sling swivel on the one I owned was attached to the nut that held the forearm and the nut moved when you carried the gun

go ahead and buy it, and report back to us, maybe I will buy another one as well as its great fun to own a precision instrument that is engineered to enable the user to produce variable tension on its major harmonic structure. If you always wondered why they did not displace the BAR and you don't see that many of them, see above. For those that have them go to the AR Forum there is a 2 10 shot group Challenge there, post up your groups. Its human nature to shoot 40 cartridges and when we find 3 that land in a 1 inch group swell with pride, take a photo and post it as a MOA all day long rifle. NO your not going to shoot 10 rounds at a deer, however if you fire those 2 10 round groups you will learn something about your skill and your rifles accuracy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

How not?

Details.

DF

1. The gun would not return to zero if you disassembled it to clean it and reassembled.
2. The gun would change zero depending on how much torque you used to tighten the forearm.
3. The sling swivel on the one I owned was attached to the nut that held the forearm and the nut moved when you carried the gun

go ahead and buy it, and report back to us, maybe I will buy another one as well as its great fun to own a precision instrument that is engineered to enable the user to produce variable tension on its major harmonic structure. If you always wondered why they did not displace the BAR and you don't see that many of them, see above. For those that have them go to the AR Forum there is a 2 10 shot group Challenge there, post up your groups. Its human nature to shoot 40 cartridges and when we find 3 that land in a 1 inch group swell with pride, take a photo and post it as a MOA all day long rifle. NO your not going to shoot 10 rounds at a deer, however if you fire those 2 10 round groups you will learn something about your skill and your rifles accuracy.

Jimmy

Sounds like you had one of the very early production models, they changed the rifle shortly after it was introduced and corrected those problems.

I can disassemble and reassemble and POI returns every time (I've always thought this was a silly complaint regardless - My rifles only get a full cleaning, break down at the end of the season - something you can't do with a BAR). The revised attachment system bottoms out the nut, nothing to guess at, tighten it till it stops every time.

Forearm tension has zero effect on POI, again only has to be removed for full cleaning anyway....

Sling swivel on the forearm doesn't loosen the forearm nut at all, swivels completely independently, again corrected by the redesign.

Accuracy discussions are a little silly. No one is saying this is a match rifle (neither is a BAR), it is not as accurate as my bolt action rifles. Way more than accurate enough to make shots in the kill zone out to 500+ yards (not a guess, routinely shoot my rifles at this range, no problems). I'll take the Benelli over the BAR (or a Remington or an AR10 variant) all day every day if I want to carry an autoloader.

Sorry you had a bad experience with yours.

David

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thanks.
Sources for new ones ?

I know of a wood stocked one with great wood. PM me if interested

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

How not?

Details.

DF

I believe you had an earlier model, they addressed that issue.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thanks.
Sources for new ones ?

I know of a wood stocked one with great wood. PM me if interested

Many thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
398 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.