Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Would you shoot other people’s handloads. Not me! I load for grandkids and son in laws, but I just won’t shoot other people’s. I’ve had some that came with rifles I’ve purchased. I pull the bullets, chunk everything, resize, carry on from there. I bought 12 boxes of new 270 Weatherby, I pulled them, because I didn’t know how old they were.

Last edited by hanco; 02/09/19.
HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You talking to yourself or preaching to the choir?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not unless I know the person that loaded them and trust their reloading abilities. I don't even shoot factory loads except for 9mm and 556!

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Other people's reloads, N-E-V-E-R!!!!!!!!!!! Unless I load them myself I consider them to be an unknown commodity, I'm not willing to chance wrecking a rifle or worse yet risking personal injury.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Depends on who the other person is. But if they're unknown to me, definitely not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, but only from a loader I know well and trust. I have about a box and a half of .38 right now, that a friend of mine did several years ago. (Iirc) he did 6 or 7 boxes for me. Not a single issue with any of them. The gun, on the other hand, has been replaced with a 9mil.semiauto.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Depends on who the other person is. But if they're unknown to me, definitely not.

This.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
When I knew "not so much" about the risks of making a mistake in a box of reloads, I would have used another reloader's products IF I trusted their thoroughness.

Now that I know "quite a bit more" (still learning) about the risks of reloading, I ONLY shoot my own reloads or purchase the rounds.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not me. I've ended up with other guys' handloads a few times in swaps and stuff, but I never shoot them. Usually it's when a guy says "I won't be needing this and this and this," and throws it all in to sweeten the pot a little. I don't turn em down because I don't want to have the discussion with them, but I sure don't figure any value in someone else's handloads. The most use of any of it I've ever made was salvaging some brass.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Not unless I know the person that loaded them and trust their reloading abilities.

There are two people whose loads I would shoot: one of my hunting partners and one of my sons who has picked it up loading with me. That's it.

I won't load for other people, either, unless I know them very well. I load for my Dad, my sons, and my daughter. If I don't know the other person's shooting habits, then I'm not handing them anything from my bench. Some fool could do something inexplicably stupid and blow up a rifle, then try to blame my hand loads. I know some guys who I like just fine away from firearms, but I've seen them shoot, and I don't trust them not to do something asinine (won't hunt with them, either).

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There are only 3 people’s hand loads I’ll shoot, they have all taught me a lot about loading and shooting over the years.
I also will only load for a few people.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I would not unless i knew them well and had loaded with them to see their process etc

GOD Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one buddy that is more OCD than myself when it comes to reloading. I showed him how to use all of his shiny new reloading stuff. I would shoot his without a doubt.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I load for family only, plus anyone who is shooting my rifles.

I don’t shoot anyone’s handloads but mine.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I have one buddy that is more OCD than myself when it comes to reloading. I showed him how to use all of his shiny new reloading stuff. I would shoot his without a doubt.

Same here. I helped a guy out a couple years back, and as picky as I am about some of my handloads, he makes me feel like a slob.

"You know, there's no need to really do that."

"I know, but it makes me feel better."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No. But, I do load for my brothers. Never for anyone else.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It would have to be from someone, that I had utmost faith in. Presently, I can’t think of anyone. Though, I have done some loading for friends and relatives! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nope

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I will only shoot reloads from a chosen few. I'll do about anything, including telling a lie, to avoid loading for others.

lightman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shot my dad's for many years. Now my son shoots mine. That's it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
523 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 52 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.