Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m probably buying one as soon as they become available. It’s generated quite a bit of interest among the Jeep crowd where there is much speculating as to how popular it will be among the general truck buying populace.

Just wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does it stand up to the toyota tacoma?

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
How does it stand up to the toyota tacoma?

I am a lifelong Toyota guy. Have been driving Toyota’s pretty much consistently for at least the past thirty years or more. I always said about the only thing that could pull me away from Toyota is if Jeep made another truck. This is the one I’ve been waiting for. I presently drive a Tundra. Which I bought brand new in ‘08. If I wasn’t buying the Gladiator. I’d be trading it in for a TED Tacoma.

They haven’t released pricing yet, but if it’s not astronomical, I’ll most likely get the Rubicon version. No other truck on the market can touch that thing for off road capability IMHO. That, and I just really like it.

This will be my retirement present to myself. May be the last truck I ever buy. Very few things I get really excited or happy about. My Indian Springfield was one. This one does it for me even more.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/09/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I’m probably buying one as soon as they become available. It’s generated quite a bit of interest among the Jeep crowd where there is much speculating as to how popular it will be among the general truck buying populace.

Just wondering if there is any interest in this thing among the folks who visit this site, who are primarily sportsmen/outdoor enthusiasts?

A young lad is walking beside the road and a 4x4 pulls up alongside and the fellow tells the lad to get in, the lad says "no way" and hurredly walks off. The vehicle idles along beside him and the driver leans out and insists that the lad gets in the vehicle, and once again the lad says "no way" and walks even faster. The driver gets a bit closer and says to the lad " what will it take for you to to get in the vehicle with me...would you like some sweets and twenty dollars", the lad stops and says "you bought the ƒucking Jeep Dad...you bloody well drive it?"

Popular joke here.

Last edited by JSTUART; 02/09/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART

A young lad is walking beside the road and a 4x4 pulls up alongside and the fellow tells the lad to get in, the lad says "no way" and hurredly walks off. The vehicle idles along beside him and the driver leans out and insists that the lad gets in the vehicle, and once again the lad says "no way" and walks even faster. The driver gets a bit closer and says to the lad " what will it take for you to to get in the vehicle with me...would you like some sweets and twenty dollars", the lad stops and says "you bought the ƒucking Jeep Dad...you bloody well drive it?"

Popular joke here.

Lol...
grin

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I will be interested when they offer it in 2 door with 7.5 to 8 foot bed. The diesel is intriguing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably be out of my price range but I do like Diesel. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fugk a Jeep anything.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by northcountry
Probably be out of my price range but I do like Diesel. Cheers NC

There is a lot of speculation on the pricing but that is all it is. People are just running their mouths if they say any different. There is absolutely no official word out there. Even the dealers are completely clueless.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AB2506
Saw some preliminary pricing, very expensive. $50,000 plus. Way too expensive for a Jeep IMO.

If you are a Toyota driver, you will be disappointed in the Jeeps reliability. Chrysler still can't figure that out.

I do agree that no other vehicle commonly available in North America can touch the Jeeps off road capability.

Too bad Toyota doesn't allow the Landcruiser models from South Africa or Australia into North America.

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Fugk a Jeep anything.

Honestly, I am kind of nervous and know I’m rolling the dice. But I really like the truck. Maybe I’ll come back to my senses before they’re available...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Where did you see this “preliminary pricing”? Not being a smart @$$, serious question because I frequent a site that is comprised of hard core wanna be Gladiator owners and there isn’t so much as a peep concerning official pricing there or anywhere.

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
looks like they are trying to build a small hummer

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rather have a Gladiator than a Jeep Wrangler. But the Gladiator is still a mid-sized pickup.

I just don't have a use for a mid-sized pickup.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Yep, very expensive. In the latest issue of JP magazine they state that the lowest model the Sport will start at 60K and go upwards of 80K for the Rubicon.

They loaded them with a lot of neat features but not enough to warrant those prices.

Do you have a link to that? I’m not saying you’re lying but that goes absolutely against every single bit of information I’ve been able to gather. And like I said, I frequent a site dedicated to finding out as much as possible about this truck and even gets insider leaked info.

What you just posted isn’t even close to anything anyone there has been able to gather. I mean Not even close... the sport is the base model. If any of that was true, those boys would be talking about it, believe me. And about the number one topic is pricing with all kinds of speculation. Even the most jaded, and pessimistic poster hasn’t come close to making predictions on numbers like that.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Just now looked at the specs on the Jeep Gladiator. Says it is basically a Jeep Wrangler inside and out but with a 5' bed, offered in two V-6 gasoline and one diesel engine options, and a six speed manual or eight speed auto transmission.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the rubicon edition, 1st year would be fine indeed. however, some how i'd guess the selling price will be up there due to pent-up demand. would still be nice though.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Even the most jaded and pessimistic in that group are predicting upper 60K’s for an optioned out Rubicon. Which sounds possible. But with a base model Sport starting in the 60’s, the line wouldn’t be even marginally competitive in the mid-sized truck market which is what the manufacturer has stated they intend.

They would essentially be shooting themselves in the foot before the race even started...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's a great vehicle that'll sell well. People have been excited about it for a while. Very popular at the Detroit auto show this year
Reliability will be good as all the Jeeps are and nothing compares to them off road.. Nothing to be nervous about.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.