Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BSA
I don't know how much more I'll shy away from my comfort zone and change things up a bit. However, I damn near bought a light rifle, set up for 3 gun,a few months back that had a sig romeo 4 on it. That rifle was pretty sweet, but different than what I'm used to. I kind of regret not buying it....

Like you I come from the tradition of shooting small groups at long ranges, but I'm trying to learn new tricks as well. Recently bought some steel and a timer. It's a different kind of shooting.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
[quote=MontanaCreekHunter][quote=antelope_sniper] but I wanted to play tinkertoys. but that is the way of us afflicted with the AR sickness.....

In my opinion the reason the AR is so popular is because anyone and everyone can tinker with it. Even if you screw up a part or two it is cheap. There are no big and expensive tools needed. One can go from plain Jane basic to Tactical Mall Ninja wild! To me they are fun to play with and shoot.

That is the truth!

Six months ago I had 2.5 AR's, my first, a CMMG "Bargain Bin" bought around 2008 with Faxon Pencil barrel, a BHW on an Aero matched upper and lower started around 2010, and an Aero upper with a BCA 6.5 Grendel barrel built around 2016.

Today I have 6 after adding an LE6920, PSA 10.5 on an Anderson lower, replaced the BCA with an ARP 6.5 Grendel barrel on an Aero lower, a BHW 243LBC on an Aero upper and lower and almost enough parts to build a FrankenGun using the BCA 6.5, a BCA 223 or the original CMMG 223 barrel.

Dave

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BSA
I don't know how much more I'll shy away from my comfort zone and change things up a bit. However, I damn near bought a light rifle, set up for 3 gun,a few months back that had a sig romeo 4 on it. That rifle was pretty sweet, but different than what I'm used to. I kind of regret not buying it....

Like you I come from the tradition of shooting small groups at long ranges, but I'm trying to learn new tricks as well. Recently bought some steel and a timer. It's a different kind of shooting.

Its all fun man. Good to change it up a bit too, every once in a while.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Watch out for the rabbit hole.

Thanks for the warning,

Now my question is, how deep this hole gonna be?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Watch out for the rabbit hole.

Thanks for the warning,

Now my question is, how deep this hole gonna be?

It could be very deep. I personally didn't want an AR for the longest time. Being more of a traditionalist bolt gun guy, I figured I didn't have a need for an AR. I came to my senses though. In the last year, I've bought 5 AR's... All decent quality, so the hole can be deep, especially when you start replacing parts to suit your needs. Better triggers a must have, proper stock and grip and handguard are all needed things. That doesn't even include rifle scopes and mounts. I keep my scopes and mounts cheap (Burris now), but still have over $2,000.00 in to just scope mounts and scopes... Only you and your pocket book can decide how deep the hole is going to be, but rest assured it can and will be addicting.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.