Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13546276 02/09/19
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I recently purchased a Tikka T3x in .270. I’m about to receive a Zeiss V4 3-12X56 scope. Need some suggestions on a mount. Like the idea of a Warne that fits the Tikka dovetail but I’m not sure it will give me enough adjustment. Any suggestions from users is appreciated.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
There's a very informative thread on Tikka mounts in the rifle forum. It may be on page 5 or 6 by now, but worth the search... Personally, I'd go Leupold dual dovetails myself, but there are a lot of options.. However, since that is a 30mm tube, the popular way to go is the sportsmatch.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a pair of Warne's a couple weeks ago when I was home and put on my Tikka T3. I am happy with them, and got them off Amazon for a good price as well. Granted my are 1" rings, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the 30mm Warne rings either.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I tried the new Burris tikka dovetail mounts. Very nice and have a recoil stop. I was using meds 30mm with 50mm objective, think the 56 might make or get high.

Sport match rings are nice as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All my Tikkas wear Talley LW’s and I wouldn’t change a thing.

100% Public land DIY!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd go with Sportsmatch or Burris Tikka rings if mounting directly to the dovetail.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Direct to the dovetail makes the most sense, as wareagle700 said. Warne's and SM's are great.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just installed a 12x SS in a set of the SportsMatch rings on a Tikka.... I’m impressed with them, and I think they’re the only way I’ll go for 30mm scopes on Tikkas. The 13mm ring height works well on scopes with 40-42mm objectives, for the 56mm I’d probably go with the 17mm height.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve got 2 Tikka’s both wearing DNZ 1 piece rings/base. Solid as a rock.

Randall

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I’ve used the DNZ Game Reaper 1 piece mounts with luck. I actually have a 30mm 0 Moa mount for sale. PM me if interested

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by spence1875
I tried the new Burris tikka dovetail mounts. Very nice and have a recoil stop. I was using meds 30mm with 50mm objective, think the 56 might make or get high.

Sport match rings are nice as well.

Post a pic of those Burris rings please. They sound interesting..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Direct to the dovetail makes the most sense, as wareagle700 said. Warne's and SM's are great.

You are off your fu cking rocker lately man. To say they make the most sense is arbitrary at best. People have been using the bolt on mounts for damn near 100 years now. Back in the day, most 22lr's had dovetail mounting systems, but you don't see a whole hell of a lot or manufactures using them anymore. Why is that, if they are the best and make the most sense? For fu cks sake, some of these ideas are never not funny... Tikka is cool, because they offer 2 options. Use what you want and quit spouting off stupid chit...

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You are off your fu cking rocker lately man. To say they make the most sense is arbitrary at best. People have been using the bolt on mounts for damn near 100 years now. Back in the day, most 22lr's had dovetail mounting systems, but you don't see a whole hell of a lot or manufactures using them anymore. Why is that, if they are the best and make the most sense? For fu cks sake, some of these ideas are never not funny... Tikka is cool, because they offer 2 options. Use what you want and quit spouting off stupid chit...

Not surprised at the chilidish response from you.

Unlike you, I speak from having lots of Tikka experience. I've been shooting Tikkas for over 20 years, and have used Optilocks, the Tikka rings that came with the T3, modified Talley's, Warne, and SM. Mounting directly to the dovetail is ticket, IMO anyway.

Don't you have some paper to go punch, or post up some more targets? Never seen you with a dead animal come to think of it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah.... dismissing the bases all together does’t make any sense at all....

I know it’s never a good idea to eliminate opportunities for mechanical failure.

Ultimately.... they do “make the most sense”. You’re clamping the ring to something that has absolutely no chance of moving: the receiver. No other system that uses “bases”, including Talleys, can say that.

That’s not to say that the other options aren’t viable... or even necessary sometimes..... just that the less moving parts, the better.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Don't you have some paper to go punch, or post up some more targets? Never seen you with a dead animal come to think of it.

Pretty sure you never will either.

He gets a little sensitive when asked to post pics of himself with a dead animal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He's a paper killing machine though, gotta give him credit for that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can see having an affection towards one mount or another but after owning over a dozen different Tikkas I can’t say that any one mount worked better than the next, from rails to Talleys. I know we have gone full tactical with most chit but has anyone really had one system fail over another? With the exception of guys like Big Stick living in the land of salt and corrosion and chit just plain rusting out I haven’t seen any evidence of any one mount being a weakness. Sans the soft screws on the original Tikka mounts even they worked well once quality screws were installed.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Any USA source for Sportsmatch other than Ebay with overseas shipping? The airgun dealer listed in Arizona as a source doesn't seem to list the Tikka rings on the site.

Other rifle makers stopped doing dovetails and bridges because of cost. Heck of a lot cheaper to drill and tap 4 holes.
But, since it is there on the Tikka, no reason not to use it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Other threads list the direct site, non-Ebay to get some Sportsmatch. Only sources known that makes the most sense. LOL

Tried to Google but typed sortsmatch 084 and this came up.

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I can see having an affection towards one mount or another but after owning over a dozen different Tikkas I can’t say that any one mount worked better than the next, from rails to Talleys. I know we have gone full tactical with most chit but has anyone really had one system fail over another? With the exception of guys like Big Stick living in the land of salt and corrosion and chit just plain rusting out I haven’t seen any evidence of any one mount being a weakness. Sans the soft screws on the original Tikka mounts even they worked well once quality screws were installed.

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 34 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,804
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.