Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have not finished moving all my stuff to Montana. So these are only the knives I have here. The rest are stored at my fathers house back in CT. And I have a few up at my uncles house in Alaska. I'll post more when I can.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I have not finished moving all my stuff to Montana. So these are only the knives I have here. The rest are stored at my fathers house back in CT. And I have a few up at my uncles house in Alaska. I'll post more when I can.

Montana Creek Hunter, if you don't mind me asking, what was your location prior to your move to Montana? And what were the contributing factors that made you make the move?

The reason I ask is, many people are considering moves these days. Often, political reasons are part of the decision. Some areas are turning blue faster than people can get situated in new jobs in some of these areas. To their horror, they are often quickly affected by the politics. I have a good friend who was a lifer in the Army that chose Virginia as his dream retirement spot. He bought a beautiful piece of property with area to do some farming, with plenty of great hunting on and around his property. If you follow the news, you know what has been happening to Virginia. And it hasn't taken very long!

I was seriously considering a move to NC. But, in the past few years NC has gone crazy with blue politics. The urban city voters, many refugees from liberal northeatern schitholes that will remain unnamed, are quickly outnumbering the rural families of voters that have been there for hundreds of years and have always voted conservative. Unfortunately, these liberal refugees are bringing they're liberal politics with them from the [bleep] they are running from.

I would be grieve to make a move, thinking it was the last one I'd make in my life, only to realize that I had moved into the middle of a blue schitstorm. That has caused me to look elsewhere , rather than NC. But, I am taking my time. I don't want to make a mistake like I believe it would have turned out to be in NC.

To make my position more clear, i personally have a problem with some 19 year old snot nose who's never worked a day in his life, (but may have $150k in student loans he wants communicated), telling me that after I put myself through college swinging a hammer, and worked like a slave all my life to get what I've got, I suddenly need to contribute 70-80-90% of my income to support illegals, those who do not have the penchant for work, or the Green New Dream in the fall and winter of my life.

Your comments and opinion are greatly appreciated.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LD...Curious too. I’m considering Utah or Wyoming. Idaho would be an easy move for us, but a lot of people are expressing a Blueness taking residency in fast numbers. 😎

Montana, I hear some bitchin, but not as much. Here’s a list of the top 10 most liberal cities in MT ranked by some bullschit web page.

Here are the 10 most liberal places in Montana for 2019:

Whitefish (Photos)
Livingston (Photos)
Bozeman (Photos)
Columbia Falls (Photos)
Belgrade (Photos)
Missoula (Photos)
Helena (Photos)
Kalispell (Photos)
Havre (Photos)
Lewistown (Photos)

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
LD...Curious too. I’m considering Utah or Wyoming. Idaho would be an easy move for us, but a lot of people are expressing a Blueness taking residency in fast numbers. 😎

Montana, I hear some bitchin, but not as much. Here’s a list of the top 10 most liberal cities in MT ranked by some bullschit web page.

Here are the 10 most liberal places in Montana for 2019:

Whitefish (Photos)
Livingston (Photos)
Bozeman (Photos)
Columbia Falls (Photos)
Belgrade (Photos)
Missoula (Photos)
Helena (Photos)
Kalispell (Photos)
Havre (Photos)
Lewistown (Photos)

Basically 3\4 the population of Montana right there,

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've been told a Montana Liberal is more conservative than a NY Republican

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Oh, and I will have this one in my hands soon from Mr. May

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Godogs57...Hank has done right by me. He’s working on my 6th and 7th blade right now, another combo set. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
I guess you are asking my history. So here it is. I was born and raised in Connecticut. My parents divorced when I was in sixth grade. My dad moved to Alaska, so I spent my summers in Southeast Alaska. This is were I got my handle for here on the Fire. Montana Creek is a creek I grew up on fishing and duck hunting. There are some better places to hunt and fish but being a kid I could walk or ride my bike easily to Montana Creek. I have a lot of very fond memories there. I actually spent more time with my uncle while in AK than my father. Did a bunch of commercial fishing and running the Taku River with my uncle. Anyways seven days after graduation I shipped off to Marine Corps Boot Camp. At that point I vowed never to return to CT. However family and jobs prevented that from happening. While stationed in Kaneohe Bay Hawaii I met my best friend, he was from Montana. After the Corps I wanted to move to MT but just couldn't make the money I wanted to make. So I chased Helicopters all over the world making the almighty dollar. In 2004 to 2005 I was working in Al Asad Iraq as a contractor. My grandmother was slowly declining in health, so after my year contract I came back to America and spent her last days with her up in Alaska. While I was with her she asked me to promise her I would get the hell out of CT. So I promised her I would as soon as I could. After she died I returned to contracting in Iraq. I worked in Balad for about 2-1/2 years supporting the Med Team there. I saved a bunch of money and starting looking for a place in MT. Originally I wanted to live in Bozeman but lucky for me I had a chitty realtor. My buddy here in the Bitterroot said move here. I said I would give it a look. He hooked me up with a good realtor and I bought a place here. But I was still chasing Helicopters around the world. As I still am now, but now I have a 90 on, 90 off gig. So I finally in January 2019 officially moved here. Yes I live close to the most liberal town in MT Missoula. I am close enough to get some city life when and if I want it, but far enough away that I am in a very conservative area. So anyways a lot of my things are still in CT. The plan is to get my father out here by the end of the summer. He will spend his final years on earth here. This is the cliff notes version.

I suggest if you are serious make a plan. Save as much as you can. Then make the move as soon as you can. I wish I was here before my buddy had his TV show. Now I don't get to spend as much time with him as I would like. But he has a great thing going and I support him in every way I can. Like dog sitting while he gets to go to SHOT Show!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is the recent Cross knives drop point I got. Nice knife, just unsure of the full convex grind. That's lime green burlap micarta, pretty cool stuff

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by troutfisher13111

Not true. However the liberals outside of Missoula, Bozeman, Helena are more conservative than NY Republicans. The problem is the liberal Newberg's, Renilla, and the BCHA douchbags.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is the recent Cross knives drop point I got. Nice knife, just unsure of the full convex grind. That's lime green burlap micarta, pretty cool stuff

[Linked Image]

Looks great! I wouldn't have a single problem with that edge. Built to be used!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The sharpening is different than what I'm used to, that's all

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Not true. However the liberals outside of Missoula, Bozeman, Helena are more conservative than NY Republicans. The problem is the liberal Newberg's, Renilla, and the BCHA douchbags.

Why are they a problem??

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
The sharpening is different than what I'm used to, that's all

The strop is your friend. Use a mouse pad under it for sharpening, barbers strop for keeping the edge. Super simple.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Downstate yes, upstate hell no

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Why are they a problem??

They got Tester elected because dumbazz liberal hunters buy into the crap. I think a lot of young hunters also fell for the BS.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anyone that doesn't think Tester isn't the enemy is no gun loving, hunter, outdoorsmen.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Couple of Halrich’s. One I bought from MCH

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lots of Kious’

[Linked Image]

Fiddleback Forge’s that I bought and used this year.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jlboykin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Couple of Halrich’s. One I bought from MCH

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lots of Kious’

[Linked Image]

Fiddleback Forge’s that I bought and used this year.

As soon as I saw that picture, I thought hey I sold that to you! Love the Kious!!!!!!! So jealous.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 02/10/19.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Godogs57...Hank has done right by me. He’s working on my 6th and 7th blade right now, another combo set. 😎

Geez o Pete. Now I'm jealous!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.