Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Any Ruger folks out there that could tell me the approximate value of a Ruger Red Label 12 gauge first year "Woodside"? Like new and possibly unfired, but no box.
Thanks, Lonnie

BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you want to move it, $900.00 if you want to sit on it and wait for the right buyer $1500.00 maybe, maybe more depends how bad a guy wants it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
That is what I see on the regular Red Labels, but the only "Woodside" versions I can find went for substantially more. I just don't know if there is a big collector's market for them. I have a chance to purchase one fairly reasonable.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I haven't seen a Woodside go for more than $1500.00. I Regular Red Label I would say $650-$700 to move it, $1000 tops. I see them listed on GB higher but if you watch they don't sell and resist them.

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I pretty much agree with MCH's price estimate. They never had the reputation of Browning or Beretta which is one reason for their poor sales and ultimate dropping. Red Labels did not have a great reputation for reliability during that era either which limits their desirability for shooters. I believe Ruger had enough problems that they stopped servicing the Red Label and one is now on their own in regards to repair.

The Woodside was produced in lesser numbers but suffers the same fate as the standard model. The gun in question is a 12 ga which further limits the value as the smaller gauges bring more money. A diehard collector might pay a premium but one would also need the original box including all accessories and hang tags in near new condition to command highest dollar but finding such a person would take time.

Missing the box and likely the rest of the accessories and tags, the gun in question is pretty much a shooter, not collectible. The OP mentions he thinks the price is "fairly reasonable" so, if it is something he wants to use, then he should consider the purchase as if it is a standard grade gun. If he is looking at the purchase as an investment, it would not be a course I would recommend.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by 35

I saw this 35 and it sure tells a different story from the other posters. I searched the internet over and can not find a single one for sale. Supply and demand.
I am not interested in keeping this one and would resell for a profit. I think I will go for it and we will find the answer.
Thanks to all,
Lonnie

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If it were only that easy. Good luck

By the way look at all those Like new in box that did not sell and have zero bids on them. But I know you'll make a hefty profit.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 02/11/19.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Scarcity does not equal valuable- ask me how I know.

Best of luck on your endeavor, may you find your fish quickly.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Scarcity does not equal valuable- ask me how I know.

Best of luck on your endeavor, may you find your fish quickly.

Thanks. You are correct that "Scarcity does not equal value".
Look up ignorant in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of me.
I must be worth a fortune.........but you only live once.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Just for your future references. Bought the shotgun. Finally found the "fish". Sold for $2250

Last edited by papalondog; 04/30/19.
35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on your sale!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by papalondog
Just for your future references. Bought the shotgun for $1600. Finally found the "fish". Sold for $2250

Who the puck makes this post after a sale? The “fish”?
I’ll NEVER buy anything from this mutt. Bragging about the profit and calling his buyer a fish. WTF has this place become...

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never thought the fire was a place to get your pucking head knocked off but looks like we let any low life pucker through the gate and let him have at ya.

We need a high gross section!! Who got pucked the hardest

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by passport
Never thought the fire was a place to get your pucking head knocked off but looks like we let any low life pucker through the gate and let him have at ya.

We need a high gross section!! Who got pucked the hardest

Apparently, you.
Don't burst an artery over $650 bucks.
Have a great Tuesday.

Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
The "fish" comment was referencing a previous poster's comment if you would have read the thread. The discussion was on the current value of the Woodside shotguns. I wasn't "bragging" about making a profit, just trying to pass on information. You are correct passport, about never buying anything from me though. I once bought a gun for $700 and sold it for $2200. Let that wad your panties a little tighter. Sorry if I offended anyone else. That was not my intent.

Last edited by papalondog; 04/30/19.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
passport, I am the one who made the "fish" comment initially. In this thread a "fish" is one who is ready and eager to make a purchase - even if the price is out of expectations. Any problems with the word should have been taken up with me though I probably wouldn't have cared. It was a contextual term and it seems to have been taken correctly by those affected.

papalondog, sorry you bore the brunt of someone else's misunderstanding. I got the drift. I am glad you found someone who was willing to pay your price and that you made a profit with which you are satisfied. In my experience your purchase price would have been the typical retail price but this proves timing is everything.

Like you, I have stumbled on a few deals. A $400 gun bought at a garage sale went for $3200 and a $25 flea market buy has a serious standing offer of nearly $2000 (or what the market bears if more) if I sell. I have no problems sleeping over these. The first I tried to cue the sellers on what they had (they blew me off so I paid their price) and the second had the seller laughing at the teenager he took advantage of. It took 30 years for me to learn what actually I had but in the end the laugh was on the seller.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This guy comes here to see what the gun is worth then brags about the gross. Just wrong. In no way is that what the fire is about. You guys can have all that ya want but it’s not for me.

Though the place was about like minded people talking and selling guns. It’s azzholes like papalongdog that come here with ZERO knowledge ask what stuff is worth not to further personal knowledge but rather to profit. I have no issue with profit but keep your yap shut. This guy feels the need to brag it up.
Let’s not feed this troll...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by passport
This guy comes here to see what the gun is worth then brags about the gross. Just wrong. In no way is that what the fire is about. You guys can have all that ya want but it’s not for me.

Though the place was about like minded people talking and selling guns. It’s azzholes like papalongdog that come here with ZERO knowledge ask what stuff is worth not to further personal knowledge but rather to profit. I have no issue with profit but keep your yap shut. This guy feels the need to brag it up.
Let’s not feed this troll...

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't see the issue. It may be that the OP is trying to rub my nose in the evaluation I offered but I am not taking it that way based on my experiences. The purchase and selling prices are interesting data points for those of us who dabble in the buying and selling of firearms on an occasional basis. It helps to clue one in to upcoming trends or further education on wholesale and retail prices. I see his purchase and selling prices as outliers from my perspectives but it seems the demand is different than the perception of the brand. Or, it is proof positive that there are fish out there who are willing to snap up a given gun for their own reasons no matter the price. I'm one of those for some things and the opposite on others. A "fish" is not to be confused with a "sucker" as the latter is clueless and being taken advantage of while the former typically has knowledge but just wants the object badly enough that reason may be pushed aside. One sees fish at auctions all the time.

You see only a negative here, I see some interesting if not valuable information. That the two opinions are diametrically opposed does not make one or the other invalid. There are some threads where it would be in bad taste to mention buying and selling prices but as this thread pertained to that action, giving prices was not offensive in my opinion. I now know that I could realize a much greater selling price than I expected if such a situation came my way. That would maximize my profit even more than expected and maybe make it worth my while to take a chance if the gun could be had for what I am willing to pay.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I see is another guy who knows little or nothing about guns seeking knowledge so he can sell stuff then brag about the profit. It’s poor taste, how you can’t, or refuse to see that is beyond me. I just don’t work like that. Feel free to call it what ever you need to, I’ll call bullchit on that every time

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 76 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.