Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Courts are issuing an unprecedented number of orders to seize firearms from people they deem to be mentally ill or threats to others, following a rash of state-level legislation aimed at curbing mass shootings across the country.

Even as conservatives sound the alarm about potential Second Amendment violations, supporters -- sometimes across party lines -- say these "red flag" laws are among the most promising tools to reduce the nearly 40,000 suicides and homicides by firearm each year in the country.

“I think we’re seeing a building consensus in blue states and red states that this is a good way to balance public safety against people’s Second Amendment rights,” Jaron Lindbaum, a representative of the activist grop Washington Ceasefire, told Fox News.

Nine states have passed laws over the past year allowing police or household members to seek court orders requiring people deemed threatening to temporarily surrender their guns, bringing the total to 14. Several more are likely to follow in the months ahead.

More than 1,700 orders allowing guns to be seized for weeks, months or up to a year were issued in 2018 by the courts after they determined the individuals were a threat to themselves or others.

The actual number is probably much higher since the data was incomplete and didn't include California, where newly-installed Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom has moved swiftly to curtail gun rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gu...ass-laws-aimed-at-curbing-mass-shootings

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bump

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Over stepping of government power.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Oregon, Washington and California. Must be a state that has recently passed one.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What guns?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I read it would be all of your guns.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
From what I read it would be all of your guns.
Yup..

These laws are totally rife with potential abuse by gov't AND leftists to be used to finally disarm America.. Of all the various BS anti-gun laws passed over the years, THESE red-flag laws are by far the most onerous, dangerous and totally unconstitutional.. They must be removed via lawsuits in every instance as soon as possible.. The states that are poised to enact such laws must have their citizens stand up and in a very loud voice say NO NO NO!! NOT in our state!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It is clearly the way of the future. Need to have it challenged in court.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not even my wife has a clue as to how many guns I own, or where they are located, and for it to be any other way to be is, a pure foolishness!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's funny that when the 2nd Amendment is involved everyone starts to care.

You're all well behind the curve.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they try to take my guns I will have a seizure.

Guaranteed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Tell that to the parents where nut job Nicklaus Cruz was known to have made threats and given a pass by the police under obummer’s policy and wound up killing 17 people at the Parkland school shooting.

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...licy-contribute-to-the-parkland-shooting

Last edited by tpcollins; 02/11/19.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
It is clearly the way of the future. Need to have it challenged in court.

THIS^

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Tell that to the parents where nut job Nicklaus Cruz was known to have made threats and given a pass by the police under obummer’s policy and wound up killing 17 people at the Parkland school shooting.

I don't get where the authorities giving Cruz a pass, supports the position of Red Flag laws. Cruz should have been incarcerated because of his threats, negating the need for a Red Flag law. Removing your rights without due process, is certainly overstepping the governments authority.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1,700 orders for seizures and no reports of anyone refusing to surrender their guns or of our loyal American LEO's refusing to enforce the unconstitutional seizures.

So much for "from my cold dead hands" eh.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by benchman

I don't get where the authorities giving Cruz a pass, supports the position of Red Flag laws. Cruz should have been incarcerated because of his threats, negating the need for a Red Flag law. Removing your rights without due process, is certainly overstepping the governments authority.

The police were called to his home for his criminal activity dozens of time, yet no arrests or interventions. No need for Red Flag. Just don't shield people from the legitimate systems of our traditional law enforcement and criminal justice.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Looks like Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Oregon, Washington and California. Must be a state that has recently passed one.

Only hope is that the Supreme Court shuts down what is the most clear case of Bill of Rights violations (Second, Fourth, Fifth, etc.) in US history.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm more prone to blame the electing of dumb fugks to run their schools and police departments than I am to advocate for another bullschit law.

People get the government they deserve.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
678 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.