Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shrapnel,
Even competition rounds can be loaded on the progressive, just depends on what the competition is! When I used to shoot service rifle High Power and IHMSA silhouette I had 3 young kids at home and didn't want to spend hours out in the garage reloading. With a progressive set up for each caliber, I could feed the firearms, spend time with the kids and keep the Mrs off my back.At least in iron sighted competition, I could not tell any difference in accuracy once I got the loads dialed in. Maybe I'm just not that good. grin...
Blacktailer

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Couple years ago I picked up a Lyman powder dispenser. Push the button and it measures while I'm seating the bullet on the case I just put the last powder in. Powder measures work fine, but I like this.

Around the same time I started using a Lee Classic 4 hole turret press. I set the dies up 1 time and they are together and good. A second to switch cartridges and less than that to switch from sizing to seating (assuming the same load/OAL). It's not like it's hard to set up on a basic press....it's just DONE already with this one. I batch everything so I can't speak to the progressive thing.

Trimming is the thing I despise...man I hate the time it takes. It's probably the biggest reason I love the .223AI....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a 3 turret Lee press leaving the dies on set and forget is great for speeding things up .
Just got a Lyman Case Prep Express , got a Lee tool that lets me use the Lee brass trim tools on the machine . Five turning heads clean primer pocket - uniform primer pocket - inside/outside case mouth chamfer - trim - remove crimp tool . Very nice speedy tool .

RCBS Case Master - will help getting crooked ammo problems straightened out with dies/press .

For now I'm going to stick with - throw charges then trickle , might get an electric unit later .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Expanderless Bushing Dies save trimming. Hint.

I tend to size/prime all the time(in advance),which greatly speeds up Reloading.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think the one tool that has changed my life in reloading is the Frankford Arsenal Trim and Prep center.Used to be most of the time I spent was case prep,not anymore with this tool.I prep my brass ahead of time and now I enjoy loading my ammo a lot more since that task has become much easier.

Last edited by baldhunter; 02/15/19. Reason: Left out a word

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Starting with GREAT brass,is both a time saver and a fiscal reward.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Reloading = Repose

No need for speed.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Reloading = Repose

No need for speed.

Agree. But! Efficiency is a good thing as well, when you can make as good or better ammo with less work.

But I do agree, there is something kind of zen in certain reloading tasks. For me, neck turning (I do it on the lathe) is one of those; I don't mind it at all.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I have improved several of my load tasks. But, not in an effort to save time.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rechamber or open the neck up,before I turned necks. Hell...I've seen me do it.(grin)

Much to be said,for spec'ing same,at Build Time.

Hint................

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What is the hurry?
Hint--

Last edited by TBREW401; 02/15/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401
What is the hurry?
Hint--

Your round count ain't.

Hint................

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (160user, 1234, 10ring1, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.