Eight years of obama appointed judges..

FJB & FJT
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
1,700 orders for seizures and no reports of anyone refusing to surrender their guns or of our loyal American LEO's refusing to enforce the unconstitutional seizures.

So much for "from my cold dead hands" eh.

Ain't nobody going to do sh-it ....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Over stepping of government power.

Tell that to the parents where nut job Nicklaus Cruz was known to have made threats and given a pass by the police under obummer’s policy and wound up killing 17 people at the Parkland school shooting.

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...licy-contribute-to-the-parkland-shooting

Red flag laws don't work....last year, a lifelong family friend and her son....along with several other people were shot and killed in Tehama Ca.by a person whom she had a restraining order against....he was supposed to have had all his weapons taken when he was arrested for felony assault (IIRC) about 4 months earlier.... https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...d-students-during-tehama-county-shooting

Firearms laws only work with people who don't break the law....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
1,700 orders for seizures and no reports of anyone refusing to surrender their guns or of our loyal American LEO's refusing to enforce the unconstitutional seizures.

Ain't nobody going to do sh-it ....

yep.....just a bunch of chest pounding and empty threats......sorta like the 'fire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to the linked article the vast majority of applications for seizure were made by Law Enforcement...not family members.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thats how it works. They just keep chipping away until you have nothing left. People have been talking about this as far back as I can remember. How's that working out.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have a little different take on the subject.

A very close friend of mine was an addict. I set up the 3rd or 4th intervention and one of the last things I did was to call his adult son and ask "Do I need to remove the guns" . I did not think I did and neither did his son. In less that 24 hours he had committed suicide by gun, literally hours before we put him back into treatment.

I don't think it is an accident that the Las Vegas shooter stands out as almost the lone exception who gave no advance warning of what he was going to do, and the many if not most of the mass shooters gave ample and fairly good warning before hand. I doubt we are anywhere near as good at seeing the warnings before hand as we are in retrospect, and we may not catch even half of them. But...that sure as hell shouldn't prevent us from trying and as long as we respect due process we can provide a system biased to err on whichever side of caution we as a society deem appropriate.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MILES58
I But...that sure as hell shouldn't prevent us from trying and as long as we respect due process we can provide a system biased to err on whichever side of caution we as a society deem appropriate.
These red-flag laws have NO PROVISION for any such 'due process' and are ABSOLUTELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL...

Plain and simple..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No one wants a nut to shoot a bunch of innocent people. But its like the camel sticking his nose in the tent on a cold night. Where does it end. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Well, there was at least one..........And he be det.

Link.

Last edited by 12344mag; 02/11/19.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know the media will not report people who decided not to surrender.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a wonderful idea for those wishing to circumvent due process and other antiquated concepts like "innocent until proven guilty". Because it's all about public safety and common sense, right? We simply can't have nut cases owning firearms.......... Because it's "common knowledge", and "everyone knows" that gun owners are all nuts and therefore dangerous and we have to remove firearms from the mentally unstable, especially those involved with neo-nazi, right wing, extremist hate groups like the NRA and GOA. And we don't need no stinking "due process" B.S. to do it !!................ Welcome to the great society, folks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
No one wants a nut to shoot a bunch of innocent people. But its like the camel sticking his nose in the tent on a cold night.
.. That ain't the nose - it's the entire camel...
Where does it end. Hasbeen
The 2nd Revolutionary war... CITIZENS against tyrannical gov't...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

But overstepping their job description goes on.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many of these shooters did the police know about and had previous runs ins with the police but they did nothing?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
How many of these shooters did the police know about and had previous runs ins with the police but they did nothing?

How many of the gun owners posted something on the computer, and had their guns confiscated for words? They may have not gotten there yet. After all, they said they'd go back 4 years.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So scrub everything clean. Will not make a difference. Pointless discussion we do not control liberal judges or liberal people.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Raeford

But overstepping their job description goes on.

This time they found a friend that's more than willing to help

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Along these lines, why are we not allowed to scrub posts or delete accounts on this website? So many people are losing their jobs because of their social media content. Posts I made before I had the employment I have now ... Well, you get the picture. The way things are set up here, I can only hope for the best. I need to stay employed for another 5 years at least, get my last kid through college.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I need to stay employed for another 5 years at least, get my last kid through college.

I'm sure they've narrowed the search to gun owners only. 4473's, pictures posted, sites frequented, concealed carry licenses, members of gun organizations.

As long as you haven't spoken about your government, you'll probably be ok. Any dissent however, may have be noticed.

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.