Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I walked out this afternoon, saw this buck at the end of my place. I have oats and winter wheat planted between the buck and where I took this pic. I drive 4 hours to my lease. I’ve never seen a buck comparable to this one.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Double Wow!

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
This was in October, he may be the deer facing away, almost in the brush. Wifey took this pic, also on our place.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by hanco; 02/02/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You see that big tree stand location that your deer in picture one is looking at? Seems to me that you could easily save that 4 hour drive and be a pretty satisfied hunting guy. When my little sister lived in Houston, I was down there on business and spent the weekend at her place. I got talking to her neighbor and he was just cleaning out his closet and moving the deer antlers. Well holy smokes, he had a king size bed full of 10+ point whitetail antlers. A private lease which I take it is pretty common in Texas, but nice antlers to be sure. I can't quite understand why Texas doesn't lead the nation in B&C bucks, but it is a smaller sub-species than what we have up north and maybe antlers looks larger on smaller deer. No shrinkage on that big guy though Hanco, shoot the thing and measure it for us come open season.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't drive 4 minutes if I had deer like that on my place.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cookie found our first shed of the year beneath her bird feeder about 5 days back. A smallish 3 by.

About a month back we had a party of 5. Could only get these two lined up in her big lens though. .
[Linked Image]

Nothing of real substance though in the last 12 months proper

Fall of 2017 was a good time around the house. The following winter snows though knocked our population back a bit.
[Linked Image]

White tail configuration, but a mule deer all the way. Break up the firewood bark and use it in Cookie's flower beds.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 1minute; 02/02/19.

1Minute
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I live in the city, people across the street have called the law on me several times. I wasn’t me shooting. Before they moved in, I could shoot all I wanted. They would report me if I used my bow. The fellow that owns property that backs up to mine hates hunting also. If I hit deer with arrow it’s going right into his acreage . It be my luck it would die out in his yard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live on the edge of the city too, but where I live has too many deer within the city limits and I have an exclusive special city hunting permit to bow or crossbow hunt the mile of city owned property next to my place. While I can use my regular deer tags if I want to, I can shoot as many deer as I want to on that city permit. They want the breeder does out of there and I'm supposed to shoot those first. The wife doesn't eat the venison and she tells me that they are too cute to shoot, so mostly I just use them to help clean up the acorns in the yard. You city guys might have the same kind of a little known about city permit in your area as well. Some of the biggest bucks in the state aren't running the gauntlet out in the wolf, coyote, bear, hunter infested woods, they are living nicely right under your nose in the city limits.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just had a decent 3 point mulie walk down my driveway as I was reading this.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Damn long legged rats. Eat everything that isn't covered or sprayed

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I could if I chose to kill a couple deer most any day right off my porch. I have near unlimited anterless tags but rarely kill a doe as I like watching deer.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Windfall
I live on the edge of the city too, but where I live has too many deer within the city limits and I have an exclusive special city hunting permit to bow or crossbow hunt the mile of city owned property next to my place. While I can use my regular deer tags if I want to, I can shoot as many deer as I want to on that city permit. They want the breeder does out of there and I'm supposed to shoot those first. The wife doesn't eat the venison and she tells me that they are too cute to shoot, so mostly I just use them to help clean up the acorns in the yard. You city guys might have the same kind of a little known about city permit in your area as well. Some of the biggest bucks in the state aren't running the gauntlet out in the wolf, coyote, bear, hunter infested woods, they are living nicely right under your nose in the city limits.

Yea,Colorado Springs is wrestling with that same problem now . The bambi lovers are putting up a fight

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
[Linked Image]
In the yard hell these are almost in the house.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A few pic's of my yard. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sqweeler
] [Linked Image] ]

I'm pretty sure that one wouldn't have left my yard. grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image]

behind my house. Rio7

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Pretty impressive for a blacktail.

[Linked Image]

Some friendly ones, too.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A few more.She keep's giving me triplet's just about every year.Big guy down below. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wow, triplets!

Twins are common here, but I don’t think I’ve even seen triplets.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (7x57Hunter, 35, AGL4now, 160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 985 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,501
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.