Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He wait's for me to feed him.I know him since he was born.He's 5 yrs old this year. [Linked Image]

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
If you go to South Texas around Cotulla to Ensinal the deer have bigger bodies but their racks are as big as a white tail gets. There's three keys to big racks, Genetics, Nutrients, and Age. If the local deer populace has any kind of decent level of protein available in the forage, and genetics potential and the deer are allowed to get to 3-4 years or more, you're going to see some nice racks. This happens in that part of Texas moreso than the rest of the state. People come from many states to hunt in South Texas for this reason. But the bodies aren't as massive as the northern deer. I used to hunt on my ex father in law's land in Central Missouri and I saw some massive bodied deer, but never saw a rack to surpass anything in South Texas.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Just this morning at sunrise....the usual bunch out the back door...36-38 head...

Bucks play hell on my shrubs & trees....rubbing & fighting with them.....oh well......

Turkeys once in a while too.......beats the hell outta neighbors......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hanco
This was in October, he may be the deer facing away, almost in the brush. Wifey took this pic, also on our place.

[Linked Image]

damn. I havent seen anything like that since PA in the mid-late 70's.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
I walked out this afternoon, saw this buck at the end of my place. I have oats and winter wheat planted between the buck and where I took this pic. I drive 4 hours to my lease. I’ve never seen a buck comparable to this one.

[Linked Image]

Dang! Wish I could get the pic to show up.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10ring1, 2ndwind, 36 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,038
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.