Originally Posted by Okanagan
Bobcats kill a lot of deer in this area, way more than we used to think. This is the second time in a few years that we have come on a fresh kill in the road with the bobcat still on it. They are persistent and come back soon after a man leaves. We've found several other kills that were almost certainly bobcats, all in winter, and the two fresh kills were both YOY button bucks.

Bobcats are not hunted much in this area of the NW. I haven't killed nearly as many as other campfire members but have three that weighed over 30 pounds. Maybe with little hunting, more of them grow into mature old toms more likely to kill deer. My biggest one weighed 34 lbs., below.

[Linked Image]

The photos of the bobcat killing a deer are definitely a bobby, not a lynx. Lynx have HUGE legs way different from a bobcat, plus they have a shorter tail and longer ear tufts though when I have called them I would not shoot based on ear tufts alone but wanted to see legs before shooting. lynx pic below.

[Linked Image]

The rifle is nearly as exotic as the bobcat. laugh

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.