Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TJAY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks again to all for the responses. It is much appreciated.

For those that wonder why bait hunt. It is what my hunting partner wants to try and I am open to trying that style. We did an Idaho spot and stalk in 2013 and had a great time.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TJAY if you are looking for a really good outfit and are willing to hunt in Maine give Keith Cote a call @ Sportsman's Pride Outfitters. (207)316-7682

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
TJAY if you are looking for a really good outfit and are willing to hunt in Maine give Keith Cote a call @ Sportsman's Pride Outfitters. (207)316-7682

Excellent website with a good FAQs section.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Make sure they have what you're looking for. If you want a color phase bear, make sure they have them on camera. If you want a 6 1/2 or 7' bear make sure they have taken them in the past & still have them. How much are you willing to pay? Will you be happy if you go home empty handed if you don't see what you want.

I went on an AK interior baited grizzly hunt a few years ago. Guide ask me on day 1 what I wanted. I told him that everyone wants an 8' boar. But if one didn't come in--I'd be happy with a solid 7' well furred bear. Day 4 a solid 7'bear came in----great grizzled hide, no rubs, nice dark legs. I shot it. I'm still tickled pink every time I look at that rug.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Make sure they have what you're looking for. If you want a color phase bear, make sure they have them on camera. If you want a 6 1/2 or 7' bear make sure they have taken them in the past & still have them. How much are you willing to pay? Will you be happy if you go home empty handed if you don't see what you want.

I went on an AK interior baited grizzly hunt a few years ago. Guide ask me on day 1 what I wanted. I told him that everyone wants an 8' boar. But if one didn't come in--I'd be happy with a solid 7' well furred bear. Day 4 a solid 7'bear came in----great grizzled hide, no rubs, nice dark legs. I shot it. I'm still tickled pink every time I look at that rug.

Bob, check your pm’s, please.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I have had good luck and great fun with eastern ridge adventures in Maine. Josh the owner is great. The guides are great. They have multiple bait sites that the guides use and each guide has their own area that they stay in. All the guides have trail cameras they use. Lodging is on a lake in cabins. You can get a private cabin or if there are multiple single guys they usually share a cabin. All meals and transportation to and from stands is included. Bait is included and done for you daily.
I have been 2 times so far and have another planned this year. 1st time was me and the boy and he shot a 250lb boar. I hunted the next few days after him and didn't see anything I wanted to shoot. 2nd time I went was the wife and I. It was her first time and she shot a boar in the first hour after being in the stand. It was 127lb. It was her first bear and she was more than happy to have it. I also shot a boar that was 175lb. and then I had 2 days left to relax and fish on the lake.
Im not going to say they are the best and have the biggest bear but they are probably the best outfitters I have been to to hunt with.
They are family friendly if that is a plus for you. We are taking my 2 girls for the kids season, which will also be their first times and then my wife and I will hunt after that.
As far as pricing I think they are more than fair and I would say would fit easily into the range you plan on spending.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 53 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.