24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, could you rephrase? I don’t speak moron.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Sorry, could you rephrase? I don’t speak moron.

I very MUCH enjoy,how Stupidity isn't an "act" for you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don’t you surprise us all and say something productive and intelligent?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Why don’t you surprise us all and say something productive and intelligent?

Retardation,is a fhuqking hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As much as I would appreciate continuing this battle of wits, you're clearly unarmed and it's late. May the remainder of your evening be as pleasant as you are.

- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your boundless DUMB Fhuqktitude,is HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

A Texan trying to talk about the Outdoors,never ain't not fhuqking entertaining!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

For TRYING.

Laughing!...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oooopsie!.......

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Personally, wouldn`t see a problem with either chambering. IMHO the fun is in the work up of loads and the shooting involved before I go hunting.
I`ve got some 7x57 stuff loaded that I want to chrony, also with the 162 ELDM`s. So Mags arn`t exclusive for anything out to 600 yrds. I`m sure there are a few 7x08 guys that would agree.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All new to me.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
great read ! ah i need another bowl of popcorn and a soda to start with today. > Big Stick i am with you really tuff to beat a 7mm Rem. Mag. for all around !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I believe that much of your answer can be derived from the photo above with the line up of cartridges. All appear to have the same bullet so we can then see how deep into the case the bullet is seated to meet the desired length.

If my esimate is correct these are 7-08, ?, 7 SAUM, 284, 7 WSM, 280, 280AI, 7RM, 7STW. I observe the overall length available in the 7RM and presume this is due to the longer action and magazine box of the Rem 700 action. On both of my 7 Rem mags the 700 can be loaded to longer length, COAL, than my Mauser Mk X. My Rem 700 also outshoots my Mauser with the same load. I haven't tried to modify the load for the Mauser as this is really just a back up.

If my viewpoint is correct the 7 RM can be loaded more efficiently for a higher speed with a 180g bullet. There is also a later photo in this sequence of the short mag cases and the bullet I presume to be the 180.

Me, I hunt mostly with a 280, Rem 700, fixed 4x Burris Supreme that will put several different loads into about 1/2 inch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pete53
great read ! ah i need another bowl of popcorn and a soda to start with today. > Big Stick i am with you really tuff to beat a 7mm Rem. Mag. for all around !

On a 700 .532" Donor,that is certainly the case. Pun be intended.

For All Around Utility,I MUCH prefer the 7-08. It's never not ALL about Trigger Time.

Hint................

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by pete53

On a 700 .532" Donor,that is certainly the case. Pun be intended.

For All Around Utility,I MUCH prefer the 7-08. It's never not ALL about Trigger Time.

Hint................

yes i own 4 - 7mm-08 all great rifles too ,i just like the power of a 7 mag a little better. and to be honest the 7mm-08 with less recoil is much more fun to practice with and does shoot very well a long ways out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What bullets are you shooting,in regards to both chamberings?

"Power" is a Wives Tale and misconception.

Hint..............

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
140 gr Nosler partitions in 7mm-08 , will be using 160 gr, Nosler partitions in 7 Rem.mag. on a moose hunt in Alaska >now i have a reason for this a dear friend before he died gave me a few thousands of these bullets ,so thats why i am using them .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's akin to someone giving you AIDS...as the "gift" assuredly is not. Hint.

Box that schit up,give it the fhuqk away and see the light if only for the first time.

A 21" 7-08 will absolutely fhuqking CRUSH your 7mm Rem mag squirting 160 NPT's.

Hint.

Talk "power" now too.

Hint.................(grin)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
probably 7mm-08 is except the friend i am going with has very good deal for me to hunt ALASKA,but kinda wants me to use what he is taking a 7mm Rem. Mag. so i just will he`s in charge and a great friend. i already purchased a Remington 700 ss 7 mag. for this hunt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One can only slap a dick out of yor hands,so many times. Hint.

Never been to Alaska...sounds expensive...............

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick
One can only slap a dick out of yor hands,so many times. Hint.

Never been to Alaska...sounds expensive...............

This why you finally caught the divorce hint. Nothing like having first hand experience

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I run a 280AI and it does fine out to the ranges you want and likely farther . I feed it 162 ELDX’s atop of full charges of 19, 22 or 26. Shoots them all equally welll. I went 280AI because I was sitting on a 30-‘06 donar and about 800 ct of 06 brass. So, it made sense for me. I may give 175ELDX’s a try but the 162’s do all I want or need. If I were to start from scratch I would likely do a 7RM properly throated,twisted and with a magazine box set up to run 180 grain class bullets. The 7RM case to me is about ideal case capacity for 160-180 grain 7mm bullets. The AI is almost but not quite. It will do for me for now though. JMO.

Last edited by brinky72; 02/18/19.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
712 members (007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.