Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yesterday I’m barreling down a deer infested side road on my way home from work when a white squirrel runs right in front of me. Wait a minute – squirrels aren’t white…… Brakes come on and all the crap in the back of the truck slams into the front.

Long story short, next thing you know I’m running around like a suicidal retard in the road in a double blind curve trying to grab a surprisingly agile dog that’s smaller than my GSP’s head. Turns out it’s maybe a 3-month old female Chihuahua.

I knock on a few doors and nobody knows squat, so I bring it home and this AM get up early and stick a bunch of “found dog” signs at the county dumpster site, mini marts, gas stations and stores around where I found it. Everyone tells me they’ll put the poster up, but it’s a dump job and nobody is going to call. Happens all the time.

I’m no fan of yap dogs, but my wife and daughters have already decreed if the owner doesn’t call, we’re keeping it.

Gawdamm azzholes is all I can say. I hope someone calls, but if not I hope whoever did it gets a Lone Star tick stuck on their nudzak and contracts a red meat allergy.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Three weeks from now, it'll be sleeping on your lap while you watch tv.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yup sure will.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^x3

Smiling here!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Three weeks from now, it'll be sleeping on your lap pillow while you snore watch tv.

I'm betting this will be what happens...LOL...Good for you!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You.... you !!! You are the victim here... Freaking white dog !

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Three weeks ago we ended up with a cat in much the same way. Someone dumped it out in the woods and it happened to find me before a coyote or bobcat did. I put it one of the travel kennels in the truck and brought it home intending to give it to our daughter in law. My wife decided she liked it so the cat has remained.

People who dump their unwanted pets irritate the heck out of me. For some reason they believe their pets will magically find a home that will take them in. More often, the pets end up dead in some tragic way. These people are nearly as low as those who abuse animals. The saving grace is the former are generally ignorant while the latter knowingly abuse their animals.

rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Update.... We kept the dog and named her Stoney after the road I found her on - Stoney Mountain Road. The deal we struck was after my daughters graduated from college and got settled in they would take her to VA Beach because pretty much everything here on the mountain can eat a 6lb Chihuahua in two seconds. My female GSP was surprisingly protective though.

Anyway, we had her here for almost 4 months and followed through on the deal, and I basically cried like a bitch when they took her to VB.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

539 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.