Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

. Tell us what you expect from the rifle and it’s intended use, and what you want to spend and you’ll get plenty of recommendations

At this point my only question might be should I order the LH RockRiver Tactical Operator or the Coyote rifle, 1-9 twist and then 1-8

Need to look into Stag arms also.

getting pissy here.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Go to you tube and watch some videos on how to assemble an AR15. Big Sticks advise on the kit and trigger is good advise. I didn't see a BCG (bolt carrier group) included in the kit, so that would be needed along with a stripped lower. You will need to go through a FFL for the stripped lower because it has the serial number on it and is considered the controlled item. The rest can be legally bought without a FFL

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth

. Tell us what you expect from the rifle and it’s intended use, and what you want to spend and you’ll get plenty of recommendations

At this point my only question might be should I order the LH RockRiver Tactical Operator or the Coyote rifle, 1-9 twist and then 1-8

getting pissy here.

You dropped ALL the marbles.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
I didn't see a BCG (bolt carrier group) included in the kit,

I need aspirin at this point.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
yea, It sounds like you would be better off just buying a complete rifle.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Go to you tube and watch some videos on how to assemble an AR15. Big Sticks advise on the kit and trigger is good advise. I didn't see a BCG (bolt carrier group) included in the kit, so that would be needed along with a stripped lower. You will need to go through a FFL for the stripped lower because it has the serial number on it and is considered the controlled item. The rest can be legally bought without a FFL

Bolt Carrier Group: For AR15 and M16 rifles and carbines. Bolt is made of shot-peened, Mil-spec Carpenter 158® steel. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked. Includes Charging Handle

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

getting pissy here.

Stay 1-8 on the twist.

1-7 or 1-8, unless you are a high end match shooters or flinging 40's at light speed, there's no real need for anything else.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't see a BCG (bolt carrier group) included in the kit,

I need aspirin at this point.

You dropped ALL the marbles.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SKU: 5165450853
UPC: 5165450853
MFR#: 5165450853
Barrel Length: 18"
Gas System: Rifle-Length
Barrel Profile: A2
Barrel Steel: 416R Stainless Steel
Barrel Finish: Stainless
Chrome Lining: None
Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28
Chamber: .223 Wylde
Twist Rate: 1:7
Barrel Extension: M4
Diameter at Gas Block: .750
Gas Block Type: Low-profile
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
Receiver Type: M4
Handguard Type: PSA 15" Lightweight M-Lok Rail
Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
Bolt Steel: Carpenter 158
Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
Charging Handle Included: Yes
Optics: Magpul MBUS Front and Rear Flip-Up Sights, Black
Fire Control Group: PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger (EPT)

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You may be able to find a gunsmith to put this kit together for you for a small fee.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That kit is a better bargain than I thought. I didn't see the bcg included until you posted. If I didn't have a few AR's in 223 I'd get that kit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That kit is a better bargain than I thought. I didn't see the bcg included until you posted. If I didn't have a few AR's in 223 I'd get that kit.

I was more than a touch "comfy" in the assertion.

Hint................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buying the kit is your best deal, $$ wise; added a lower from Anderson or PSA, or whoever suits your fancy for $50-60, assembled (ejection & on forward assist installed) & you are done,

Finishing the assembly on the lower takes some patience & GO SLOWLY, & you will need some punches, preferably pin punches & regular as well.

If you want to spring $$ for an upgraded, drop-in trigger, it will go a little easier for a first timer.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Surprised someone didn't cite a CMC cassette trigger,to help her out.....................(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you’re thinking about going the kit route, this is a good video to watch. Even if you’re buying one fully assembled you should know how it all goes together.

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 02/17/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You'da thunked,that someone woulda suggested to her,to gain some hands on experience.................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Surprised someone didn't cite a CMC cassette trigger,to help her out.....................(grin)

Didn't want to write a book or draw a pic, besides, sometimes revelations are best when discovered on your own.

But since you insist......................... grin

[Linked Image]

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Traditional upper has a dust cover and forward assist. Smooth doesn’t. I’d stay with a standard upper. I’d buy it assembled instead of stripped so both dust cover and FA is in place. Then you’d have to install barrel, gas tube and block, hand guard.

It’s not hard to put together an upper assembly, or a lower but some tools are required. Plenty of videos out there to help.

Easiest route other than buying a complete rifle would probably be to buy a complete upper already assembled, with or without a lower kit. Buy lower and parts sperately if needed. You would need an stripped lowers, lower parts kit (you can get them with and without trigger group). Then assemble the lower yourself using the trigger and buttstock of your choice. You would need an armorers wrench to torque and install the castle nut on the buffer tube extension. Read up on staking. None of it is rocket science.

Upper assembly from parts takes a little more know how and tools but still not difficult. You can get into “truing” receiver face, bedding barrel extension etc. if you want to go to that level of detail. I’ve done a few of both with no issues.

Tell us what you expect from the rifle and it’s intended use, and what you want to spend and you’ll get plenty of recommendations

Finally, an actual human being response in English.

Appreciate it.

Those replies are rare when its the off cycle of employment. But it is what it is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kenneth, my friend, it sounds like you should either buy a complete upper & lower or a complete rifle this time. Just until you gather up the tools and learn a little more nomenclature.

Buy your complete lefty from Stag or RR. Try to get a 7 or 8 twist barrel.

Politics is War by Other Means
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Kenneth, my friend, it sounds like you should either buy a complete upper & lower or a complete rifle this time. Just until you gather up the tools and learn a little more nomenclature.

Buy your complete lefty from Stag or RR. Try to get a 7 or 8 twist barrel.

8 twist is fairly common, 9 seems to be the norm, 7 is rare.....

8T handles up to what weight comfortably?

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 3,010 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.