Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Cracked the stock on my Kimber Montana 84l. New rifle less then 20 rounds down the barrel. Was shooting it and was going to load another round and noticed it. Crack is on the top/side of the stock by the recoil lug inlet. The mighty kicker that could accomplish such a feat? .270win! What do you think bad stock? I thought these things could take heavy 30-06 recoil?

Going to have to send the whole rifle to Kimber and hope they replace the stock and I’m only out shipping. Should I have it bedded when it comes back? Will that help at all?

Crackstock

BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks whitetail!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LeadSled?.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Long action, so possibly coriolis effect?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CERTAINLY the case,when around water................(grin)

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She got MUCH better,after the barrel swap and a throat to Smooch 105's.

[Linked Image]

Hint.............(grin)

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Nah, don’t own a lead sled for this exact reason. Also the first factory ammo I’ve shot in years since I’m not setup to load .270 yet.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Big Stick
She got MUCH better,after the barrel swap and a throat to Smooch 105's.

[Linked Image]

Hint.............(grin)

What the hell has that got to do with a cracked stock?! crazy

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Wrangler13
Cracked the stock on my Kimber Montana 84l. New rifle less then 20 rounds down the barrel. Was shooting it and was going to load another round and noticed it. Crack is on the top/side of the stock by the recoil lug inlet. The mighty kicker that could accomplish such a feat? .270win! What do you think bad stock? I thought these things could take heavy 30-06 recoil?

Going to have to send the whole rifle to Kimber and hope they replace the stock and I’m only out shipping. Should I have it bedded when it comes back? Will that help at all?

Crackstock

I hope Kimber replaces the stock for you.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wayyyyyyyyy better in Six Twat-Six,wearing a Six................(grin)

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by Wrangler13

Crackstock

I hope Kimber replaces the stock for you.

I don[t think he will have a problem with that.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Gotcha. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I had another stock issue with my 6.5 creed a couple years ago and it went fine, just took a month to get it back. If it goes the same this time I’ll be happy.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Good deal!

Are you going to bed the recoil lug recess on the new stock when it arrives?

Last edited by elkhunternm; 02/16/19.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Same schittin' post you made an hour or so ago!

Get some new material.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" that you "can't read this",as you fire up your GoogleFu and plagiarize,because it is ALL that you can "do". Hint.

Besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you yet again "forgot" about your exhaulted Imainary Pretend Ignore. What were the "odds"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!...............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

Hint.

Laughing!...............

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
231 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 36 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.