Hop To
#13500779 01/27/19
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Compound Bows Have come to their Max and there just NO MORE!! you can slice and dice and make them look new with new thoughts but that's it BABY>> A 10 year old Hoyt can shoot with the best 2019 bows>> LIKE IT OR NOT!! Enjoy

GB1

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The Game is over >>DEAD<<>>

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m not sure it’s entirely over. But the improvements from one year to the next are minor and do not come close to being worth selling your used bow and dropping $1500 +/- for a new one.
I consider myself a very avid bowhunter. I hunt in 3-5 states every year. But I have no plans to trade my 2013 Hoyt Faktor for something new.
Some guys need the newest and buy new every year. If that makes you happy go for it.

Last edited by dale06; 01/27/19.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I remember guys saying that ten, fifteen, and twenty years ago. Amazing how they figure new stuff out. There are new materials always being developed. Mechanical things can always be tweaked. Who knows maybe will see a cam-less bow one day.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 01/28/19.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think "Ranting" is a bot.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I remember guys saying that ten, fifteen, and twenty years ago. Amazing who they figure new stuff out. There are new materials always being developed. Mechanical things can always be tweaked. Who knows maybe will see a cam-less bow one day.

Monster Bows is out of biz.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well your not totally wrong, bow company’s seemed to have reached a peak in performance no doubt. Also between high prices and crossbows becoming more popular, engineers / designers are really going to have to come up with something special to get me to buy a new bow.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by dan_oz

Bot or troll - same value of information in its posts here.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
bot or twat same thing

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I will bring this UP>>>> The New>>Push in bows is the cross bow>>Like a Gun and you can scope it!!>>KOOL>> this is the most un accurate bow you can BUY!! THIS IS NO BS!!~ The most and the best is the COMPOUND!! THATS THE FACT JACK!! But only a few can master this bow!! Mind and Body!~ FEW! Enjoy

IC B3

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Be Happy with your compound because it has come to its limits, but as today its the most accurate Bow!! can it be bettered >>>As I see it>>NO>> So its at a dead end!! But the Hi tech cross bows are garbage!! that's saying for all the years of the compound >>they are spot on and can you split that arrow more>MMM>never say never but at this time I say NO!!

Last edited by Ranting; 02/16/19.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Damn fool. Everyone is at its best at this time.

Ya need to grow up, get a hobby and get your head out of your azz.

Are you related to Stick? Hint......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dan_oz

Maybe big sticks kid brother lol

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranting
I will bring this UP>>>> The New>>Push in bows is the cross bow>>Like a Gun and you can scope it!!>>KOOL>> this is the most un accurate bow you can BUY!! THIS IS NO BS!!~ The most and the best is the COMPOUND!! THATS THE FACT JACK!! But only a few can master this bow!! Mind and Body!~ FEW! Enjoy

Maybe Rick should start drug testing new members lol

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I didn't make it to ATA this year.
Wonder how program orders for vert bows went.
X bow has really taken a chunk out of vert bow sales.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
I didn't make it to ATA this year.
Wonder how program orders for vert bows went.
X bow has really taken a chunk out of vert bow sales.

The companies i dealt with when the shop was open did pretty well. At least thats what im hearing. But yeah the crossbows are definitely taking more sales away every year.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While I haven't bowhunted in the last 8 seasons or so, I have still shot recreationally during that time. I have a 2012 Bowtech, and it does everything I need it to do. Sure there are better bows out there, but the price as mentioned in another thread I think is what's chasing some people away from archery and bowhunting. Archery seems to have gone just the opposite of guns. There are lots of accurate rifles now for sub $500, but archery prices keep going up year end and year out.

I'm looking to get back into bowhunting pretty heavily when I get back home to AK once my contract gig is up. With my kids getting older, no longer tied down with being AD military, and my wife and I making more money than we ever have, I want to be able to go to a different state every year and bowhunt whitetails, and chase moose, bear, and caribou in AK with my bow.

As far as bow sales vs. crossbow sales, all one has to do is watch any hunting show or read a hunting magazine and see how much more crossbows are now advertised than they were 5-10 years ago.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

444 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 1,895 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,389
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.