Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
very interesting video if you are into way of life elsewhere

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yessir

All the engineers and eggheads in my office always wanted me to talk to the plumbers and back hoe contractors. Said they couldnt understand them. Wtf

All them fellers didnt want to hash out nothin with them either. They just come in and say "we wont to holler at that feller wit all dem deers on his office wall"

hahahahaha

at's right

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Have seen that before and it is not difficult to follow, sounds like some of the old Queensland fellows when I was a lad.

If you want to hear something difficult to follow stand near some Irish when they are on the piss, now that will make you concentrate.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yessir

All the engineers and eggheads in my office always wanted me to talk to the plumbers and back hoe contractors. Said they couldnt understand them. Wtf

All them fellers didnt want to hash out nothin with them either. They just come in and say "we wont to holler at that feller wit all dem deers on his office wall"

hahahahaha

at's right

i love to listen to them.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sounds like the folks we call Kentucks up here.They migrated here from Kentucky during the depression.Half the folks up here sound like that.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being from the mountains I always got stuck with contractors explaining what needed to be done.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Being from the mountains I always got stuck with contractors explaining what needed to be done.

My buds in the office used say...."good gawd, you should hear yourself when youre talking to them folks, it's like a switch comes on and youre kin to em"

inbred peckerwood gene, got skirlls

😄

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I can understand every point these people were making, and every word they said because I spent a good bit of time growing up among real country people of 50 years ago. Isn't it amazing these "backward" people can complete a thought or a sentence without saying "like", "literally", "actually", "you know", "absolutely", "perfect", "basically", etc. ad nauseum?

Another thing country people would do and still do is wave at you when they meet you on a county road or elsewhere that they're moving slow. When my future wife would go with me to my grandmother's house in the country back in the 60s, she thought I knew everyone in the county because so many people waved at me on the road, and I waved back. "Who was that? - I don't know".

Last edited by immature; 02/17/19.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds a lot like my East Tennessee relatives.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most everyone out where I live waves, but I been driving the same truck for 20 years. Lest they some 'townie bitches'

Mostly folks round here start a sentence with "look here" or "heeeeeeeeeyyy"

😄

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
it is easy ( easier ) to learn english in the US no matter where you are because they all speak in a rhythmic way , their lips move , so you can hear and visually see it , as compare to how british speak.
my opinion not sure how other people feel.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Wife is a Appalachain Hill woman and I hear it everyday. She can switch it on and off for whom she is talking too. Yo'uns her me.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Have seen that before and it is not difficult to follow, sounds like some of the old Queensland fellows when I was a lad.

Much of the mountain speak comes from the Irish and British that went into the mountains 100-150 years ago and never came out. Many of the mountains dances and jigs (clogging?) are similar to dances and jigs that originated in Ireland and rural England.

Originally Posted by JSTUART
If you want to hear something difficult to follow stand near some Irish when they are on the piss, now that will make you concentrate.

I once commented to a Brit that I had a bit of difficulty understanding a Scottish woman. He laughed and proceeded to say that the British and Scottish were "A common people, separated by a common language"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sound's like my uncle from Tennessee.

Funny, we have an animal around here we call a boomer as well. Mountain beaver is another name. I've heard they're hard on Christmas tree farms.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was going to be about 'shine, with Jim Tom and Popcorn on it.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I grew up in WNC, still live there.
I hear this every day.
Coach

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The resason they call a soda pop a "dope" is that Coca Cola originally had dope--cocaine--in it.

A lot of these expressions are used by country people in other areas. Some afeas have tgheir own. In eastern Maryland they say, "call it gone" when they mean "good bye."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like 3/4 of my family growing up. I'm half West Virginian and half Kentuckian.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That was very interesting. I like those people and wouldn’t think twice about living there among them myself if I had my druthers. . .

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Old Coach
I grew up in WNC, still live there.
I hear this every day.
Coach

Graham county?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 21 invisible), 1,756 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.